+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
The question is that what is your wrong physical presence days as per the online residence calculator and what should be the real (corrected) physical days?
If the wrong physical presence days were anywhere around 1096 days and after correction it goes below 1095 then there may be some issues however at the end CIC has to decide the applicant's eligibility (residency requirement)
Yes! The case is as you described. The # of days submitted by mistake was slightly over the 1095, after the adjustment it's several days short of 1095. I'm just wondering if anyone else was in this situation and what are the usual CIC actions. I do understand that there is a range of options for them, but it would be great to know, what they usually do.

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
A.Sh. said:
Yes! The case is as you described. The # of days submitted by mistake was slightly over the 1095, after the adjustment it's several days short of 1095. I'm just wondering if anyone else was in this situation and what are the usual CIC actions. I do understand that there is a range of options for them, but it would be great to know, what they usually do.

Thanks!
Did you get RQ or something similar after the test? What did the officer tell you during the interview regarding your approval of citizenship applicaiton?
If it is short of 1095 days after correct calculations then it is now upto cic officer/citizenship judge to decide regarding your approval.
Please wait for someone in this forum who have similar experience like you to shed some light on his/her situation.

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:-\ This is so frustrating. My eCas has said "In Process" since April 1, 2015. Nothing further has happened, no "sent to local office" that it looks like most of you see on your file. I've called and gotten 4 different people and phrased it different ways and all have said they will not even look at your case until it's been over 24 months. Has anyone else had this experience?? I'm giving up on calling as I have to wait nearly 20 minutes for them to answer only to tell me they won't discuss it until 2017.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bamm1995 said:
:-\ This is so frustrating. My eCas has said "In Process" since April 1, 2015. Nothing further has happened, no "sent to local office" that it looks like most of you see on your file. I've called and gotten 4 different people and phrased it different ways and all have said they will not even look at your case until it's been over 24 months. Has anyone else had this experience?? I'm giving up on calling as I have to wait nearly 20 minutes for them to answer only to tell me they won't discuss it until 2017.
bamm1995,

You are exactly where I am. It is very frustrating.

bamm1995

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
member012 said:
bamm1995,

You are exactly where I am. It is very frustrating.
I'm not sure if they've changed their process, as many others on this board have had success getting information. I just want to know if my file has made it to the local office. The people I've spoken to are so condescending and I am polite the entire phone call (which lasts less than 2 minutes as they just keep saying the same thing to me.) Oh well - I guess I'll just be surprised when I get a test invite.

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi folks,

I did my citizenship test 8th April, and I am going to have a week trip from July 8th. I guess that my oath is going to happen in that time (based on previous statistics). My question is how can I ask them to change my citizenship oath in case it is going to happen while I am on trip. What email address should I use to send this email? Should I call call center? Thanks in advance.

harvardmpa

Mar 21, 2015
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

I did my citizenship test 8th April, and I am going to have a week trip from July 8th. I guess that my oath is going to happen in that time (based on previous statistics). My question is how can I ask them to change my citizenship oath in case it is going to happen while I am on trip. What email address should I use to send this email? Should I call call center? Thanks in advance.
I had the same situation as you, so I called the call centre and let the agent know. Accoringly,the agent may make a note on my file. Therefore, CIC won't arrange the oath when I am outside. Just for your reference.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

You need to see what's more important: the week trip or oath and decide accordingly.
If you contact the call centre to reschedule the oath, then your oath might be rescheduled for few days to couple of months.
As per the statistics you should expect your oath anytime now and it could be anywhere before 15th July 2015.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

Look at me as an example. I took my test on April 22. I have a 3 day conference from July 8-10. I'm worried about this trip too. Debated for a long time then declined the conference travel award, because I couldn't make decision by their deadline. It wasn't easy to get this money.. I will wait, and will cancel my trip if necessary.

I don't suggest you do the same. Just whining about my trip :)

BenBC

Jun 11, 2015
BenBC said:
Hello guys,

I see many people being invited to attend the test but not me, even applicants from 2015. I'm wondering what could be the reasons. Any idea?

Application received on December 22, 2014
acknowledging receipt of your application on February 19, 2015.
Application in Process on March 19, 2015
Application Transferred to Vancouver Office on April 2, 2015

Thanks!
No one cared about helping answer my question! This was my first and it'll be my last participation in this forum. Thank you guys.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
BenBC said:
No one cared about helping answer my question! This was my first and it'll be my last participation in this forum. Thank you guys.
Hello BenBC,

The reason why people in this forum did not answer because the answer is unpredictable.
If you have not received any additional document request like RQ, fingerprints etc. then you should expect the test anywhere in between 2-6 months after the file transfer to local office.

Please click the following link and check the status of other December Vancouver applicants and you can their timeline to assess when you should expect your test:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v0SdRO40z3jpI11rJ2I_sKk88ph1FeqrTczi_9Kb6us/edit?pli=1#gid=0

BenBC

Jun 11, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Hello BenBC,

The reason why people in this forum did not answer because the answer is unpredictable.
If you have not received any additional document request like RQ, fingerprints etc. then you should expect the test anywhere in between 2-6 months after the file transfer to local office.

Please click the following link and check the status of other December Vancouver applicants and you can their timeline to assess when you should expect your test:
Thank you CoolSam. I'm just kinda pissed because I'm going for vacation in July for 3 weeks and I was hoping to attend the test like others on April, May or June... I don't want to spend my vacation time preparing for the test lol

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
You need to see what's more important: the week trip or oath and decide accordingly.
If you contact the call centre to reschedule the oath, then your oath might be rescheduled for few days to couple of months.
As per the statistics you should expect your oath anytime now and it could be anywhere before 15th July 2015.
Thanks for your response, but I don't want to reschedule my oath. They haven't assigned any oath date to me yet. I want to call them to ask them not to put my oath during my trip. What is your opinion?

Cheers

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SubZero_2 said:
Thanks for your response, but I don't want to reschedule my oath. They haven't assigned any oath date to me yet. I want to call them to ask them not to put my oath during my trip. What is your opinion?

Cheers
Here is an experience from one of my friends. He gave the test and wanted to go to his home country and told CIC officer during the test that he would be away from Canada from December 2014 to January 2015. He still got oath invite in mid of January 2015 for end of January 2015. He did not inform Call centre for the trip because he thought that telling cic officer during interview would be sufficient.
After receiving the letter for oath (his tenant informed him about the letter) he faxed cic about rescheduling his oath as he was out of Canada. He got oath rescheduled and got letter by end of April and gave oath in May 2015. He is now a citizen. My friend is from Vancouver.

Now, if you want, you can call cic call centre and tell them not to schedule during your absence and the oath may be delayed for next 1 to 3 months. However, I am not sure how much would be the delay (maybe it would be delayed or not), it will depend upon next oath schedule availability.