+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA born baby to Canadian PR parents

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
Got one more question, apologies in advance for asking all these silly questions.

Regarding IMM0008 form Page 6 Consent to release information to intended province/territory of destination.
I, ______ on behalf of myself....

Principal applicant is an infant child. So, whose name should we put in here child's name? or Sponsor's name (parent)?

Got same question for IMM5669 Schedule A background declaration. It has to be electronically signed by typing name, whose name it should be?
Hi,

Can you please tell did u get ohip for ur baby? If not, which insurance did u finally go with? Can we pleaase connect? That will be great help. Drop me a message at er.maddyraja@gmail.com

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi,

Can you please tell did u get ohip for ur baby? If not, which insurance did u finally go with? Can we pleaase connect? That will be great help. Drop me a message at er.maddyraja@gmail.com
Without COPR OHIP is not issued . Still waiting for approval . I got coverage extened by my company for KID . I would suggest check in forum what other options

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without COPR OHIP is not issued . Still waiting for approval . I got coverage extened by my company for KID . I would suggest check in forum what other options
Just checking that your company provided a separate travel (or comprehensive) health insurance program for your child. Extended benefit program provided by employers usually require you to have provincial coverage first.

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
What province are you settling in? Are you and your spouse compliant with your ROs?
Just moved to Canada last week through CTS. Planning to get insurance extended thru my company for baby. Got visitor record for my baby till end of year and settling in Ontario. Would you please share where you get vaccinations for your baby and how much does it usually cost for regular check-ups, etc.

Reactions: Y@$h

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
Planning to get insurance extended thru my company for baby . Got visitor record for my baby till end of year and settling in Ontario. Would you please share where you get vaccinations for your baby and how much does it usually cost for regular check-ups, etc.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just moved to Canada last week through CTS. Planning to get insurance extended thru my company for baby. Got visitor record for my baby till end of year and settling in Ontario. Would you please share where you get vaccinations for your baby and how much does it usually cost for regular check-ups, etc.
Canada doesn’t have a pricing list for doctors to charge foreign nationals. It is up to the doctor to set their fees. Compared to the US it will seem pretty reasonable. Appointments may be $100 or less. You can call a GP and ask but it will vary between GPs. You would have to book an appointment and ask if they accept people without OHIP. Would suggest you try to find a GP for yourself who is accepting new patients and ask if they will accept your child as a patient as a visitor first and then as someone with OHIP. The vaccination schedule is the same as the US I believe.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/provincial-territorial-immunization-information/provincial-territorial-routine-vaccination-programs-infants-children.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Planning to get insurance extended thru my company for baby . Got visitor record for my baby till end of year and settling in Ontario. Would you please share where you get vaccinations for your baby and how much does it usually cost for regular check-ups, etc.
Most companies on provide extended medical benefit plans that you pay into that will cover part of the cost of prescriptions, dental care, vision care, etc. You must have OHIP to qualify for the extend benefit plan. You may be required to purchase emergency medical insurance and pay for routine care.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
It regular visit of 65$ . if same vaccine is also given in canada then it will not cost anything . just visit charge .. There are few which is recomended in US but canada doesn't give so you have to buy over the counter .. i had once for 72$

headingnorth

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
Hi, I am just curious what insurance thru the employer is possible. The supplemental insurance through an employer will usually kick in if you are enrolled in OHIP, from what I have researched. But the baby cannot be on OHIP till they get a PR, which I am sure you will apply but that in the current timeline published takes about a year.

Can you please share, since I will be moving in a couple of weeks.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi, I am just curious what insurance thru the employer is possible. The supplemental insurance through an employer will usually kick in if you are enrolled in OHIP, from what I have researched. But the baby cannot be on OHIP till they get a PR, which I am sure you will apply but that in the current timeline published takes about a year.

Can you please share, since I will be moving in a couple of weeks.
My employer usually give 3 month OHIP replacement except regular visit not included since ohip usually takes 3 month . This covergae they extended for my kid only since kid don't have PR .

maddyraja

Apr 19, 2017
My employer usually give 3 month OHIP replacement except regular visit not included since ohip usually takes 3 month . This covergae they extended for my kid only since kid don't have PR .
Same for me cbsg..
Headingnorth its some basic medical coverage, kind of bridge coverage for 3 months till the time OHIP arrives. but yes checked with my company n they will extend it for my child.