+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA born baby to Canadian PR parents

Bani2050

Feb 8, 2018
I was in similar situation and currently sponsoring my US born kid.

Your child can enter Canada on her US passport. No visa required. After 6 months of stay you can apply to get her visa extended. Sponsor will need to stay in Canada while child PR is in progress. Short visits outside of Canada while maintaining residence in Canada are OK.
Baby PR will take 6-9 months.
You will need to spend $150 as application and processing fees. No RPRF.

Hi,
We are also in same situation. Can you please help me to know how you managed health care for the baby? How expensive it was?

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
I was in similar situation and currently sponsoring my US born kid.

Your child can enter Canada on her US passport. No visa required. After 6 months of stay you can apply to get her visa extended. Sponsor will need to stay in Canada while child PR is in progress. Short visits outside of Canada while maintaining residence in Canada are OK.
Baby PR will take 6-9 months.
You will need to spend $150 as application and processing fees. No RPRF.
Hello ,
I am in similar situation and planing to move next month . Can you please share the list of forms and steps required to sponsor the child .
I will be moving to Toronto .

Thanks
Shekhar

Reactions: Rezwana87

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Hi All,
I am in similar situation and have to sponsor my daughter. She was born in USA and we just moved here. I was trying to understand the process it is bit confusing. For example do I (parent) have to submit the PCC for USA and India or just the daughter (primary applicant).It would be great if someone can share their experience and also a list of documents that goes along with the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I am in similar situation and have to sponsor my daughter. She was born in USA and we just moved here. I was trying to understand the process it is bit confusing. For example do I (parent) have to submit the PCC for USA and India or just the daughter (primary applicant).It would be great if someone can share their experience and also a list of documents that goes along with the application.
Follow the instructions for sponsoring a dependent. You don't need to submit PCC and neither does your baby. Make sure to purchase emergency health coverage unless you are in one of the few provinces that give access to provincial healthcare right away for dependents of PRs or citizens.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Follow the instructions for sponsoring a dependent. You don't need to submit PCC and neither does your baby. Make sure to purchase emergency health coverage unless you are in one of the few provinces that give access to provincial healthcare right away for dependents of PRs or citizens.
Out of curiosity, which provinces provide that in such a case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Out of curiosity, which provinces provide that in such a case?
I know Alberta does although you also need to remain living in Alberta for 12 months to qualify as well. You'll need to look up every province. Routine care is not that expensive neither is emergency health insurance so not a reason to move.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Thanks Canuck78. We are in Ontario and my daughter is at age where we would have to take her to doctor for regular vaccinations. Do you know if there are health insurance plans that could cover regular doctor visits and prescriptions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks Canuck78. We are in Ontario and my daughter is at age where we would have to take her to doctor for regular vaccinations. Do you know if there are health insurance plans that could cover regular doctor visits and prescriptions
It would likely be cheaper to pay for regular appointments versus pay for coverage that covers routine exams, prescriptions, etc. but you'll have to do your research.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Regarding IMM5604 - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrants to Canada.

Just wanted to know if I need to fill in for sponsorship application for dependent child.
Both Parents (PR) and Child (visitor visa) are in Canada. Both parents are on the application (one as sponsor and one as co-signer). Do one sill need to fill in the IMM5604??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Regarding IMM5604 - Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrants to Canada.

Just wanted to know if I need to fill in for sponsorship application for dependent child.
Both Parents (PR) and Child (visitor visa) are in Canada. Both parents are on the application (one as sponsor and one as co-signer). Do one sill need to fill in the IMM5604??
No.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Got one more question, apologies in advance for asking all these silly questions.

Regarding IMM0008 form Page 6 Consent to release information to intended province/territory of destination.
I, ______ on behalf of myself....

Principal applicant is an infant child. So, whose name should we put in here child's name? or Sponsor's name (parent)?

Got same question for IMM5669 Schedule A background declaration. It has to be electronically signed by typing name, whose name it should be?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Got one more question, apologies in advance for asking all these silly questions.

Regarding IMM0008 form Page 6 Consent to release information to intended province/territory of destination.
I, ______ on behalf of myself....

Principal applicant is an infant child. So, whose name should we put in here child's name? or Sponsor's name (parent)?

Got same question for IMM5669 Schedule A background declaration. It has to be electronically signed by typing name, whose name it should be?
Is there an area for a guardian?

vbsvbs

Nov 6, 2017
Hi,

If people have travelled with their US born please can you guide me..what forms to fill?? She had US passport and we have PR and planning to settle in canada in few months..plss guide

Reactions: Y@$h

bullmoose

Apr 20, 2018
Hi there,

My wife has delivered baby in USA on July 02, 2018. Me and my wife both are permanent resident of Canada since 3 years. We came to USA for friends get together (3 days with return ticket) when she was 36 week pregnant with canadian doctor's oral consent "She can travel as she is in good health"; but the day after we arrived USA, she encountered pain and we visited doctor in USA who suggested not to travel back as the baby's position was reversed and she might be in danger. Eventually, baby is born and both are in good health. I've some queries still on my mind even after reading many posts and visiting websites.

1. How can I bring my born baby from USA to Canada?
2. Can baby come to Canada without passport by presenting only birth certificate at the border (by car)?
3. Can baby get Certificate of Citizenship OR Permanent resident of Canada?
4. What procedure should I follow If he will be considered neither citizen nor permanent resident of Canada?
5. Me and my wife about to complete 1095 days as PR to apply for canadian citizenship.
6. Can I submit citizenship application for my baby (without applying PR or sponsor) along with ours applications

Please advise, Thank you
Can you share your experience and process you followed in your situation?

thanks