+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

michael9n

Jan 4, 2018
November 2017 applicant currently waiting for the background check to start.

I'm getting mixed responses on where the application will be processed: Ottawa, Mississauga, USA VO. I got an email saying it will be processing in Mississauga, but I heard it could still be transferred.

Does anyone know or does it depend on the application and its case by case, or how busy the VO currently is?

Thanks

NorthwardCA

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
November 2017 applicant currently waiting for the background check to start.

I'm getting mixed responses on where the application will be processed: Ottawa, Mississauga, USA VO. I got an email saying it will be processing in Mississauga, but I heard it could still be transferred.

Does anyone know or does it depend on the application and its case by case, or how busy the VO currently is?

Thanks
So, I don't have a huge amount of experience with this, but what I've heard is that your VO might be Mississauga, but they may still push you over to Ottawa for processing without necessarily informing you.

What I do know is that if you're a US applicant, you'll be processed in Mississauga -- however, if they subsequently decide to interview you, then your application will be sent to a VO in the US. If that happens, you'll definitely be informed.

By and large, though, we US applicants get an email saying we'll be processed in Mississauga and then it all happens behind the scenes from there.

Reactions: Cheryllove

busybee123

Feb 22, 2018
My husband is American living in US while I'm Canadian living in Canada. We submitted his Schedule A just over two weeks ago and he just got a letter asking to do a medical exam (we submitted our original package in December and I was approved to sponsor him in February ). Obviously we are very happy but somewhat confused whether the process has changed or our application is truly moving forward this fast. We were under the impression that the medical exam is the last part of the application process. Anyone can share a timeline between Schedule A, medical exam and the next steps? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Cheryllove

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
My husband is American living in US while I'm Canadian living in Canada. We submitted his Schedule A just over two weeks ago and he just got a letter asking to do a medical exam (we submitted our original package in December and I was approved to sponsor him in February ). Obviously we are very happy but somewhat confused whether the process has changed or our application is truly moving forward this fast. We were under the impression that the medical exam is the last part of the application process. Anyone can share a timeline between Schedule A, medical exam and the next steps? Thanks in advance!
Nothing strange here. That's pretty standard. I submitted my Schedule A, Mar 2, medical request Mar 7. Next is PPR hopefully in less than 5 months.

Reactions: busybee123

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Medical isn't the last part of the application process. For outland applicants, the medical request is usually received around the same time as sponsor approval. However, you can expect things to go quite quickly, most Americans are being approved in 5-6 months at the moment :)

Reactions: busybee123

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Just thought I'd chime in with my current timeline, maybe it might help someone. I'm a US citizen applicant, applied Outland from within Canada. I'm from California and currently I'm in Ontario.

App Received: Dec 7th, 2017
AOR1: Feb 2nd, 2018
Sched. A Req: Feb 2nd, 2018
PCC Req: Did not receive one, included FBI check upfront with my application
Med Req: Feb 23rd, 2018
Med Done: Mar 5th, 2018
Med Passed: Mar 9th, 2018
AOR2: Still nothing, might just never get it
Background Check in progress: Mar 25th, 2018

Hoping its not long now until I get DM and PPR... I'd love to visit home before the summer heat sets in. :p

M

marilamb

Hey everyone!

My American hubby and I sent our app on March 13th and it was received on March 14th. We are currently waiting for AOR and collecting his background check docs since we used the old forms.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Just thought I'd chime in with my current timeline, maybe it might help someone. I'm a US citizen applicant, applied Outland from within Canada. I'm from California and currently I'm in Ontario.

App Received: Dec 7th, 2017
AOR1: Feb 2nd, 2018
Sched. A Req: Feb 2nd, 2018
PCC Req: Did not receive one, included FBI check upfront with my application
Med Req: Feb 23rd, 2018
Med Done: Mar 5th, 2018
Med Passed: Mar 9th, 2018
AOR2: Still nothing, might just never get it
Background Check in progress: Mar 25th, 2018

Hoping its not long now until I get DM and PPR... I'd love to visit home before the summer heat sets in. :p
Why do you need to wait for DM and PPR before visiting home?

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Why do you need to wait for DM and PPR before visiting home?
Maybe that was the wrong way for me to word it. I don't have to wait for CoPR to visit home, but since flights are money I'd rather not book a flight home and then a week after traveling get CoPR lol. I still have a bunch of stuff at my moms house that I'll be shipping once I get CoPR so I wanna take just one trip.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Maybe that was the wrong way for me to word it. I don't have to wait for CoPR to visit home, but since flights are money I'd rather not book a flight home and then a week after traveling get CoPR lol. I still have a bunch of stuff at my moms house that I'll be shipping once I get CoPR so I wanna take just one trip.
Haha gotcha! I'm about 3wks behind you so hoping my background check kicks in before mid April and hopefully you'd have gotten PPR by then. Is your eligibility check still in progress?

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
Haha gotcha! I'm about 3wks behind you so hoping my background check kicks in before mid April and hopefully you'd have gotten PPR by then. Is your eligibility check still in progress?
Yeah, it says we are reviewing your eligibility. From what I understand this doesn't change until you get a decision on your application? At least that's how my visa extension application ended up being.

Reactions: Forte

CanadianZenGirl

Jan 24, 2017
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
File Transfer...
10-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
For us, as well as most others, eligibility and background check don't change until after the CoPR has been sent. Then everything is updated, including final decision.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
For us, as well as most others, eligibility and background check don't change until after the CoPR has been sent. Then everything is updated, including final decision.
We are 3 days from the one year mark and our background check has not started

michael9n

Jan 4, 2018
I got my BGC and PPR 3 days ago, really impressed with the fast processing from Mississauga VO, hasn't even been 5 months since application received (November 16th app). :)

Just mailed the PPR, hoping to get the COPR within a couple weeks.

Best of luck to everyone else!