Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
LANDED..........
23-06-2017
I was hoping we would get decision made today, but nothing.

The wait continues ...

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends,
We crossed Ambassadar bridge and enter in Canada 2 weeks ago.

Now I am trying to get SIN but service Canada staff saying my status is not yet updated by CBSA officer yet, so I have to Wait till PR Card to get SIN.

Any advice please........will this also delay my PR card?

Please guide what to do, I cannot even apply for jobs.

Thanks

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
CanadianZenGirl said:
I was hoping we would get decision made today, but nothing.

The wait continues ...
I'd expect late next week/early the following week, based on how Ottawa trends with their DMs.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
2calgary said:
hi friends,
We crossed Ambassadar bridge and enter in Canada 2 weeks ago.

Now I am trying to get SIN but service Canada staff saying my status is not yet updated by CBSA officer yet, so I have to Wait till PR Card to get SIN.

Any advice please........will this also delay my PR card?

Please guide what to do, I cannot even apply for jobs.

Thanks
Something seems strange about that. I got my SIN two days after landing, no issue.

ROCKSTER

Nov 25, 2016
Staunts2015 said:
MyCIC changed to approved this morning!! I expect to have my COPR very soon, so I'm excited!...and a bit stressed. Now I have to start the goods to follow form and car import process. Can I import my car the same time I do the landing process? And I plan to land sometime next month, but I may not move until August/September. Is that ok, or should I wait to land for a few months?
Does anyone have an idea what happens after ECAS says "Med's Received"?

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
Ponga said:
This is clearly detailed, here: (can't put link)

long distance (by telephone or Internet) work done by a temporary resident whose employer is outside Canada and who is remunerated from outside Canada
Thank you! I was looking everywhere for this exact info but clearly missed it ;-)

California2Canada

Apr 25, 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
first, there's absolutely no reason your extension would be rejected. it is very rare for pr applicants and they are very generous with us citizens, so there shouldn't be a concern.
Thank you for this and all the useful info that followed! I've been to secondary twice and it's a heart pounding place to be when you are doing nothing wrong yet your life (plans) feels on the line.

A final question about visa extension- when (not if ;) my extension goes through, does this mean I should be able to come and go as I please within that time frame without issues (barring a very cranky border officer)? For ex. if I get another 6 month extension for July-Dec, does that remain as such even if I leave the country and return? Or if, for ex., I went on a trip in October and then came back 2 weeks later, would they say my visa extension isn't valid anymore because I had left and in turn I'd be reassessed at the border? I'd also have a copy of my submitted PR app with me, so I'd think it'd be smooth enough sailing but just checking.

Thank you!

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Looking for some advice from all of you who have already started this process.
Here is our situation:
I am a US citizen and my partner is Canadian. I moved up to BC just over 2 years ago. I work(ed) from home and would travel into the USA to see clients for about 2 days a month with the rest of my time in BC. I never had to apply for an extension as my visitor status renewed for 6 months at every crossing. We are looking to apply on the basis of common law.
Finally ready to apply and looking for the best route. We had completed the package last year, but due to other pressing priorities it had to wait. I am guessing that with the changes, some documents may have changed?
Can I still apply Outland if we have been living together in BC? I have the option of using a residence/address just across the border if needed. We have had a joint bank account in Canada since I moved, we have several notarized affidavits from friends etc. Lots of pictures etc etc. I still need to work on Police clearance and hoping I can still use an agent for those.
Anything I am missing? Any advice?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
killborn said:
Here is our situation:
I am a US citizen and my partner is Canadian. I moved up to BC just over 2 years ago. I work(ed) from home and would travel into the USA to see clients for about 2 days a month with the rest of my time in BC. I never had to apply for an extension as my visitor status renewed for 6 months at every crossing. We are looking to apply on the basis of common law.
Finally ready to apply and looking for the best route. We had completed the package last year, but due to other pressing priorities it had to wait. I am guessing that with the changes, some documents may have changed?
Can I still apply Outland if we have been living together in BC? I have the option of using a residence/address just across the border if needed. We have had a joint bank account in Canada since I moved, we have several notarized affidavits from friends etc. Lots of pictures etc etc. I still need to work on Police clearance and hoping I can still use an agent for those.
you will definitely need to start the application from scratch. your old documents will be helpful in answering the questions, but that's about it. the entire package and the requirements changed in january and they will not accept the old packet. you may also find some of the forms have been updated - older versions of forms (even if there is no obvious change) will not be accepted.

you should definitely be applying outland - it is currently taking 5-6 months for US applicants. it is not necessary to use a us address in the application, you can certainly use your BC address. an outland application is not about where you are physically, it's everything to do with your citizenship and what visa office processes the application. DO NOT APPLY INLAND. there is STILL no reason for us citizens to do so!!!

note, the police clearance and medical exam are no longer submitted upfront. it will be requested during the process. also, us citizens can now get the report from an approved channeler, so you won't have to wait months to get it. again, the process has changed slightly, so you will want to familiarize yourself with the new guide and requirements:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
killborn said:
Here is our situation:
Apply as outland. My application (from the time sent to COPR) was less than 4 months. But i think what helped in my case is i submitted upfront my FBI clearance and Schedule A since I already had them. I know that in the current application, you dont have to submit sched A and police clearances upfront but I did anyway. In fact, I only sent them a photocopy of my FBI clearance with the thought that they may ask again later -- they didnt. But it's up to you if you want to do the same. :) but apply outland... It's faster :)

killborn

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks, good idea.
I have some notarized letters from my partners family and friends. Do those expire or can I send letters notarized a few months ago when I originally wanted to apply?

TN_Hibee

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
18-11-2016
File Transfer...
25-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2017
does anyone know if the 45 day processing time for the PR card is accurate? Any sample wait times any one could offer would be super.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
killborn said:
Thank you. Will get started on it. Appreciate the help.
realized i had a typo in my response (which i since fixed). us citizens can now get channeler reports.

floribec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-08-2016; Passed
Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
TN_Hibee said:
does anyone know if the 45 day processing time for the PR card is accurate? Any sample wait times any one could offer would be super.
I landed on March 24th and I am still waiting for my PR card.