N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-03-17, COPR 23-03-17
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Gladmin said:
As for the birth certificate. My husband was born in a refugee camp and he came to the states when he was only 3 yrs old
I don't have a birth certificate for similar reasons. Fortunately, my parents somehow had a Baptism certificate. I wrote a letter explaining. Everything was fine.

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
MasterDen said:
I don't have a birth certificate for similar reasons. Fortunately, my parents somehow had a Baptism certificate. I wrote a letter explaining. Everything was fine.
My husband wasnt baptised at all.. can my husband write and explaining about his birth certificate

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
if we resubmitted our application again, and on the website is the new application forms. do we have to write a new application form or do we stick to the one we have.

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Gladmin said:
My husband wasnt baptised at all.. can my husband write and explaining about his birth certificate
Yep, just have him explain. What do you have to lose?

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
MyCIC changed to approved this morning!! I expect to have my COPR very soon, so I'm excited!...and a bit stressed. Now I have to start the goods to follow form and car import process. Can I import my car the same time I do the landing process? And I plan to land sometime next month, but I may not move until August/September. Is that ok, or should I wait to land for a few months?

MasterDen

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
File Transfer...
13-12-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-17 (sent same day)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Gladmin said:
My husband is just worried.. and im getting stressed out lol..
Don't over think it! lol You will be fine.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
Got my COPR today! ;D Thank you to everyone who takes the time to help others on here! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!!

Gladmin

Mar 1, 2017
Question!
Me and my husband do not live together and he's an american citizen. He was born in a refugee camp in thailand and came to the U.S.A without a birth certificate. Our papers was returmed because he could not provide proof of birth certificate. Since he is working and living in the states full time he does not have any kind of government identifications or any leased agreement and in the checklist it was highlighted stating that he need to show proof of rent/leased agreement and proving that we have an address together. My questions is how do we prove any of this when he doesn't live here in canada?

Apr 24, 2017
Hello,

I have been watching this forum for a while, but never had much insight to offer regarding the process. I am currently being sponsored by my wife and submitted my application in January. The application was recieved Jan 4th, and transferred in early February. The background check went to "in progress" in February and has been that way since. I thought we were fairly straight forward. Married, no children. We don't live together. I've gotten visitors records twice at the border even though I've never lived in Canada. I live in Detroit and live about 15 minutes from my wife. Seems straight forwar

Today, however, I've gotten a request to complete the following:

RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, Please provide us with a photocopy of your certified criminal record check based on your fingerprints.

This seems strange, because I've never lived in Canada. The longest I've visited at one time was three days. I'm so confused.

Is this usual?

Thank you guys.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
detroit2windsor said:
Hello,

I have been watching this forum for a while, but never had much insight to offer regarding the process. I am currently being sponsored by my wife and submitted my application in January. The application was recieved Jan 4th, and transferred in early February. The background check went to "in progress" in February and has been that way since. I thought we were fairly straight forward. Married, no children. We don't live together. I've gotten visitors records twice at the border even though I've never lived in Canada. I live in Detroit and live about 15 minutes from my wife. Seems straight forwar

Today, however, I've gotten a request to complete the following:

RCMP Criminal Record Check: If your residence period in Canada has been six months or longer since the age of 18, Please provide us with a photocopy of your certified criminal record check based on your fingerprints.

This seems strange, because I've never lived in Canada. The longest I've visited at one time was three days. I'm so confused.

Is this usual?

Thank you guys.
what else was written in the letter? if you haven't spent 6 consecutive months in canada since being 18, then you will want to write a letter of explanation and submit it to the visa office.they could be seeing the visitor records as reason to believe you have been in canada all that time. typically, with visitor records, you're suppose to stay in canada, not commute back and forth. so, they think you haven't left, when really you have.

Apr 24, 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
what else was written in the letter? if you haven't spent 6 consecutive months in canada since being 18, then you will want to write a letter of explanation and submit it to the visa office.they could be seeing the visitor records as reason to believe you have been in canada all that time. typically, with visitor records, you're suppose to stay in canada, not commute back and forth. so, they think you haven't left, when really you have.
The remainder of the letter just said that I had 45 days to provide the record otherwise my application may be refused.

I didn't want the visitors record, but the border agents kept telling us that it would be beneficial.
Even though I always explained that I have my own apartment and job in Detroit and that i always leave at the end of the week.
Seemed like a hassle for not much benefit and actually it seems like a detriment to my application.

Is a letter of explanation a formal document or is it a letter I can just upload through GC Key?

Thank you for such a quick reply.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
detroit2windsor said:
The remainder of the letter just said that I had 45 days to provide the record otherwise my application may be refused.

I didn't want the visitors record, but the border agents kept telling us that it would be beneficial.
Even though I always explained that I have my own apartment and job in Detroit and that i always leave at the end of the week.
Seemed like a hassle for not much benefit and actually it seems like a detriment to my application.

Is a letter of explanation a formal document or is it a letter I can just upload through GC Key?

Thank you for such a quick reply.
having a visitor record isn't going to negatively affect your application. getting a request for a RCMP record isn't a big deal. there is no formal letter of explanation. you just write them a letter based on the request they made and request they waive the need for the rcmp request. i would recommend submitting proof of your being in the states during that time to support the request, such as paystubs, apt lease, etc. perhaps even include the specific dates you were in canada and the us? it could be the total amount of time you are in canada (regardless of it being consecutive) that qualifies you for needing an RCMP report. if they still need the rcmp report, then you'll have to comply. it doesn't suggest anything will go wrong with your application. it's just sometimes a normal part of the process.

Apr 24, 2017
CDNPR2014 said:
having a visitor record isn't going to negatively affect your application. getting a request for a RCMP record isn't a big deal. there is no formal letter of explanation. you just write them a letter based on the request they made and request they waive the need for the rcmp request. i would recommend submitting proof of your being in the states during that time to support the request, such as paystubs, apt lease, etc. perhaps even include the specific dates you were in canada and the us? it could be the total amount of time you are in canada (regardless of it being consecutive) that qualifies you for needing an RCMP report. if they still need the rcmp report, then you'll have to comply. it doesn't suggest anything will go wrong with your application. it's just sometimes a normal part of the process.
Thanks for the advice.
The visitors record really has been more trouble than it was worth for my particular situation. I live on the border and didn't really need it to visit. In the 2 months since I'v gotten it, I have been sent to secondary multiple times, which never happened before, and I get way more questions once they unfold the paper. Even know I suspect this request is due to the record. Guess i'll just cross and get the fingerprints done and wait another two months on such a straight forward application. Oh well.

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
detroit2windsor said:
Thanks for the advice.
The visitors record really has been more trouble than it was worth for my particular situation. I live on the border and didn't really need it to visit. In the 2 months since I'v gotten it, I have been sent to secondary multiple times, which never happened before, and I get way more questions once they unfold the paper. Even know I suspect this request is due to the record. Guess i'll just cross and get the fingerprints done and wait another two months on such a straight forward application. Oh well.

Thanks.
yeah, the record is most likely because of your multiple visits within a short period of time. they don't like people commuting back and forth - it makes them suspect you're calling canada home. a visitor's record is how CBSA tracks your movements and whether you are following the rules. i never understand why people ask to be given a visitor's record. to me, and from my experience, it's asking them to "please put me into your system and interrogate my intentions every time i enter". it's not surprising you are now a regular at secondary. i was a regular at secondary for 1.5 years - at one point they even started laughing about it. when you're a pr, that all stops, so there IS light at the end of the tunnel.