Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes you can. i imported my car 3 months after landing. it was listed as a conveyance on my goods to follow form. no issue.
Thank you for the information CDNPR2014. :)

I called Canada Customs today as CBSA told me any question related to goods to follow needs to be asked from them. So they answered as:

1. Yes I can include my car in the goods to follow list with Make Model and VIN number.
2. There is no time limit on bringing the goods to follow; in an essence I can bring them after 1 day or 1 year or 5 years.
3. Also, there won't be any issue in case I mention two of my car and 2 beds but bring only 1 each.

I thought to share the conversation I had with them and if anyone else can also be benefitted from this in the future.
Thanks,

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
COPR in hand!! ;D

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs

Mrs Six

Jun 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2016
AOR Received.
14-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 15-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - 07-06-2016
Passport Req..
DM: 09-09-16
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-16

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
my wife will be landing in Toronto next Thursday and we are a tad confused as to what form she will need to fill out for the good we are bringing with us and the goods to follow. Is the BSF186 form the new form? We arent bringing anything with us this time that will stay in Canada it will all be goods to follow. Just wondering if someone that has recently landed can help. Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
4Canucks said:
my wife will be landing in Toronto next Thursday and we are a tad confused as to what form she will need to fill out for the good we are bringing with us and the goods to follow. Is the BSF186 form the new form? We arent bringing anything with us this time that will stay in Canada it will all be goods to follow. Just wondering if someone that has recently landed can help. Thanks!
yes, that sounds like the right number based on recent landing posts. there should be a box to tick to indicate it's "goods to follow". you can provide extra pages if you need more room for your stuff. it's not necessary to provide too much detail. you can group items together and provide values for the lot. make sure total the amount before you present the form. good luck!

4Canucks

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 29 2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
30-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM 11-2-2016
ok thanks! The BSF186 has a box to check that says goods to follow but no where to list them. Would that be the BSF 186A form where that info goes?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
4Canucks said:
ok thanks! The BSF186 has a box to check that says goods to follow but no where to list them. Would that be the BSF 186A form where that info goes?
i haven't seen the new form yet. is there no grid on the form for item declaration? if not, yes, list everything on the 186A form.

screenguy80

Jan 27, 2016
Sorry, I wish I was clearer on this, but I'm asking just in case I misunderstand.

A few days ago my spouse received her COPR and we're trying to arrange a landing. It seems like it will take 2 weeks to even make our appt here in Toronto so we're looking at driving to the border.

This email was sent, with regard to what we need to bring:

Confirmation of PR inside Canada - Required documents

In order to be granted Permanent Resident (PR) status, you must bring the originals of the following documents with you:

Passport, travel or identity document (including the secure visa counterfoil (IMM 1346), if applicable),
Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and instructions issued by the Canadian visa office,
(If applicable) Any immigration document in your possession (whether valid or not),
(If applicable) Proof of implied status, such as:
payment receipt,
printout of online application;
copy of your paper application to extend your stay,
proof of mailing, etc.,
(If applicable) Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if you are settling in Québec.

Obviously we have the passport and the COPR, and we have a work visa which expired early July 2016.

Can someone explain whether Proof of Implied Status is applicable? I'm not sure what that is.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
Sorry, I wish I was clearer on this, but I'm asking just in case I misunderstand.

A few days ago my spouse received her COPR and we're trying to arrange a landing. It seems like it will take 2 weeks to even make our appt here in Toronto so we're looking at driving to the border.

This email was sent, with regard to what we need to bring:

Confirmation of PR inside Canada - Required documents

In order to be granted Permanent Resident (PR) status, you must bring the originals of the following documents with you:

Passport, travel or identity document (including the secure visa counterfoil (IMM 1346), if applicable),
Confirmation of PR (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and instructions issued by the Canadian visa office,
(If applicable) Any immigration document in your possession (whether valid or not),
(If applicable) Proof of implied status, such as:
payment receipt,
printout of online application;
copy of your paper application to extend your stay,
proof of mailing, etc.,
(If applicable) Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ), if you are settling in Québec.

Obviously we have the passport and the COPR, and we have a work visa which expired early July 2016.

Can someone explain whether Proof of Implied Status is applicable? I'm not sure what that is.
did she apply to extend her stay as a visitor once her work visa expired? if so, then you would need to bring proof of that application or the approval for the extension. if she didn't, then she is currently without status and does not have proof of implied status. to land as a spousal PR applicant, all she needs is her copr, passport and any B4 (recently renumbered) forms for declaring goods or goods to follow. I highly doubt they are going to be looking for more than that. Don't sweat it.

screenguy80

Jan 27, 2016
We did not apply for an extension.

At the time, we believed that it would be a short time before her COPR was granted (based on when we applied) and that she shouldn't need to leave the country between the work visa expiry and her COPR grant.

This was probably stupid and a misunderstanding on our part.

Does the fact that she currently does not have status mean we should choose to "land" internally in Toronto, or at the border? Or does it not make a difference?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
We did not apply for an extension.

At the time, we believed that it would be a short time before her COPR was granted (based on when we applied) and that she shouldn't need to leave the country between the work visa expiry and her COPR grant.

This was probably stupid and a misunderstanding on our part.

Does the fact that she currently does not have status mean we should choose to "land" internally in Toronto, or at the border? Or does it not make a difference?
I don't think it will make a difference, nor do i think it will come up.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
screenguy80 said:
Excellent. Thanks a ton.
and i certainly wouldn't bring it up. just present the copr and passport. that's all that's needed. if they ask for the work permit, give it to them upon request.

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
I did post this in May thread as well....but I'm US Outland as well so....

I received my SA this morning! So excited!

App mailed May 18, received May 20
AOR received June 9, started processing June 8

Sent to Ottawa for processing!