29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Majromax said:
If CBSA cannot help, you may also try applying for a replacement of the document. Lost mail happens rarely, so I'm not sure if any users still here have had to go via this route.

Keep in mind that the CoPR is only valid for a fixed amount of time. This is most commonly until the immigration medicals expire, but it has been known to vary. "A few months" shouldn't be too long, once you get the CoPR.
Our COPR was good for one year...did not have anything to do with the medical...it was 12 months from the interview...

Lorelyrra

Sep 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
I was hoping someone could help me out with a question about B4 forms? I just received my CoPR letter today and plan to do a flagpole landing next Tuesday. However, I don't plan to move until the end of September. Do I need to declare anything when I cross? My spouse lives in Toronto and I live in Buffalo, so I'm just going to walk across the Rainbow Bridge and back. Also, do I need any other documents when I cross? From what I've been able to research, I need my passport, CoPR papers, and possibly a birth certificate for good measure? The letter I received from CIC didn't clarify much!

Thanks!

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Majromax said:
If CBSA cannot help, you may also try applying for a replacement of the document. Lost mail happens rarely, so I'm not sure if any users still here have had to go via this route.

Keep in mind that the CoPR is only valid for a fixed amount of time. This is most commonly until the immigration medicals expire, but it has been known to vary. "A few months" shouldn't be too long, once you get the CoPR.
Thanks that's a good option too. I will do that if I don't get a reply from the CPC.
I did my medicals in March - so I should have plenty of time :) Thanks though!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Lorelyrra said:
I was hoping someone could help me out with a question about B4 forms? I just received my CoPR letter today and plan to do a flagpole landing next Tuesday. However, I don't plan to move until the end of September. Do I need to declare anything when I cross? My spouse lives in Toronto and I live in Buffalo, so I'm just going to walk across the Rainbow Bridge and back. Also, do I need any other documents when I cross? From what I've been able to research, I need my passport, CoPR papers, and possibly a birth certificate for good measure? The letter I received from CIC didn't clarify much!

Thanks!
yes, if you are planning to bring in items after your landing you need to fill out the B4 (recently renumbered) form and check it as "goods to follow". you will present this at your landing, they will stamp it and keep a copy. that way when you bring your stuff in later, you are not charged duty on them.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Posting this in case anyone needs to know in the future.
My COPR never arrived. I emailed CIC to report as much, and they ignored my first 2 emails about it, I assume because a month had not yet passed. I emailed them again today
Here is what they sent back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Because you reported that you never received you confirmation of permanent residence, we have already cancelled the CoPR.

In order to re-issue your CoPR, we require the following documents:

- Two (2) recent photographs that meets the requirements stated on this webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

- A copy of this email

- A prepaid return envelope of the private courier of your choice

Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package.
Note that they cancelled the first COPR and are reissuing it. Guess what I am doing this evening... :D I'll feel better having it in a FedEx trackable package! Thanks everyone for your help. I will scream when I finally get it!

EDIT to Add: Oh my god this is going to cost me over $100 with FedEx. This is crap!!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
ktorva said:
EDIT to Add: Oh my god this is going to cost me over $100 with FedEx. This is crap!!
It sucks that the original mail was lost, but given the full cost of permanent residency if I could have added $100 to the bill to have the CoPR tracked at the outset I would have been sorely tempted.

But more broadly, I'm very glad that CIC got back to you. If you do mail the photos to them, please be aware of the impending Canada Post lockout. I don't know if their use of "mail" also includes couriering your documents and reply envelope to them.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Majromax said:
It sucks that the original mail was lost, but given the full cost of permanent residency if I could have added $100 to the bill to have the CoPR tracked at the outset I would have been sorely tempted.

But more broadly, I'm very glad that CIC got back to you. If you do mail the photos to them, please be aware of the impending Canada Post lockout. I don't know if their use of "mail" also includes couriering your documents and reply envelope to them.
Thanks - and I would have been tempted too, given the choice.

What really ticks me off is that I noticed a problem with the way our address was written in ECAS and I told them. They responded back saying don't worry, the address is fine. The problem is, we live in an apartment apartment, and in Canada Post standards, it's fine to list the apartment first then the street address, all on the same line (111 - 1333 Street Dr.). In the US, that's not going to be delivered. Even the Canada Post website says US post standards are different( Line 1: 1333 Street Drive Line 2: Apt 111). So I knew after a couple of weeks that it'd gotten lost.

But I notified them, they blew me off, and now I have to pay. Like you pointed out, because of the strike, I just went FedEx all around - there and back. :mad: :'(

Had I had the chance to stick that envelope in there in the first place, I would have. I just think that with what we pay for our fees, that they should be sending sensitive documents like that in registered mail.
I'm going to make a separate thread so people know that this can happen.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
ktorva said:
Posting this in case anyone needs to know in the future.
My COPR never arrived. I emailed CIC to report as much, and they ignored my first 2 emails about it, I assume because a month had not yet passed. I emailed them again today
Here is what they sent back:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Because you reported that you never received you confirmation of permanent residence, we have already cancelled the CoPR.

In order to re-issue your CoPR, we require the following documents:

I know its a pain in the butt to spend the money...we had to cancel a trip to the US Virgin Islands for our 10th anniversary and book at trip to LA for hubby interview....$2K it cost us but now that we have landed and enjoying Canada its was well worth it!!!

- Two (2) recent photographs that meets the requirements stated on this webpage: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

- A copy of this email

- A prepaid return envelope of the private courier of your choice

Please submit the documents as soon as possible by mail in a single package.
Note that they cancelled the first COPR and are reissuing it. Guess what I am doing this evening... :D I'll feel better having it in a FedEx trackable package! Thanks everyone for your help. I will scream when I finally get it!

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
CPC Ottawa received my FedEx package on Friday, and yesterday I received this really confusing email:
Reminder Notice

Dear Applicant,

The processing of your application is complete. However, this letter is a reminder to submit the stated missing documentation.

Missing Document(s):

o A Scan of your Original Passports and for each accompanying family member.

Please reply to this email with an attached PDF.

I sent my app in March with current scans of my passport - they're not close to expiring.
Never got any request for a new passport scan prior to that (I even double checked spam). I'm starting to think they're messing with my mind.

Anyway, I sent it in and am just hoping that means they are in the process of reissuing my CoPR

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ktorva said:
CPC Ottawa received my FedEx package on Friday, and yesterday I received this really confusing email:
Reminder Notice

Dear Applicant,

The processing of your application is complete. However, this letter is a reminder to submit the stated missing documentation.

Missing Document(s):

o A Scan of your Original Passports and for each accompanying family member.

Please reply to this email with an attached PDF.

I sent my app in March with current scans of my passport - they're not close to expiring.
Never got any request for a new passport scan prior to that (I even double checked spam). I'm starting to think they're messing with my mind.

Anyway, I sent it in and am just hoping that means they are in the process of reissuing my CoPR
it is a typical Passport Request. Not everyone has it waived. It's to confirm nothing has changed with your name or your passport since you applied in march. nothing strange about it. it's normal. since your copr got lost, maybe they need to verify your passport again.

Brandon.D

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Marriage Cert 20-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-06-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-02-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A - DM: 08-07-2016
Application Received: May 12th
AOR1: June 2nd
SA: July 7th

ECAS was updated today stating our application is now In Process, and started processing July 11th. No AOR2, but it looks like CPC Ottawa doesn't always send them. I'm American and being sponsored by my Canadian wife; so it looks like Ottawa is keeping up with the American applicants.

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
Hi All,

I am planning to do landing next week on 20th July 2016 at Toronto. I live and work in NJ USA. After landing and doing the initial PR formalities I plan to comeback to US in 2-3 days. My only doubt at this time is:

Can I show my personal vehicle in the Good to follow as well? As I plan to fly on this trip.

Thanks,

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
it is a typical Passport Request. Not everyone has it waived. It's to confirm nothing has changed with your name or your passport since you applied in march. nothing strange about it. it's normal. since your copr got lost, maybe they need to verify your passport again.
Oh, for sure - I just thought the "Reminder Notice" part was weird - they never sent me a first notice about PPR.

Nonetheless, FedEx sent me notice this afternoon that CoPR is enroute and arrives tomorrow! :D

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
akumar1 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to do landing next week on 20th July 2016 at Toronto. I live and work in NJ USA. After landing and doing the initial PR formalities I plan to comeback to US in 2-3 days. My only doubt at this time is:

Can I show my personal vehicle in the Good to follow as well? As I plan to fly on this trip.

Thanks,
yes you can. i imported my car 3 months after landing. it was listed as a conveyance on my goods to follow form. no issue.