Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Waitingrk2015 said:
Hi
So all the documents was send May 2016
We had a long wait for the FBI ...
Since that we haven't heard anything ...
Don't worry. They have 43 days to do sponsorship approval. If after 43 days you haven't heard, send an inquiry.

Waitingrk2015

Jun 9, 2016
AOR?
My husband is a student in USA
I sponsor him last year
Here is my time line
We received your application for permanent residence on July 31, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 1, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Documents was send
Now waiting ....
What's next guys
Please help !
Thxs
I already get my SA

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Waitingrk2015 said:
AOR?
My husband is a student in USA
I sponsor him last year
Here is my time line
We received your application for permanent residence on July 31, 2015.
We started processing your application on October 1, 2015.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Documents was send
Now waiting ....
What's next guys
Please help !
Thxs
I already get my SA
what documents were requested? this will help determine next steps...

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Still no COPR.

I sent an enquiry this morning. and an email. The thing is, I told them before DM that I thought it might get lost in the mail because of the way they have my address in eCAS. They put my apartment number then a dash and the street address. It looks like this: 1212 - 1234 anywhere st. City, State, USA, Zip). I told them a while back to change it because it might confuse the USPS workers and they didn't, they assured me it was fine.

I know there are worse things but it's bugging me. I have not seen anyone in the US take more than 2 weeks to get their COPR from DM. It's been close to 3 weeks now. ???

Thanks for listening. vent over.

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
Hello,

I have a question to the senior members. my friend got married recently and her spouse is in the US. Can she apply for outland spousal PR when she is planning to reside in the US for couple more years rather than moving to Canada?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Neetha.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
neethak said:
Hello,

I have a question to the senior members. my friend got married recently and her spouse is in the US. Can she apply for outland spousal PR when she is planning to reside in the US for couple more years rather than moving to Canada?

Thanks,
Neetha.
Heres the CIC link...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/about-pr.asp

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
neethak said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Neetha.
She should only apply when she's ready to relocate to Canada. Theoretically she could land as a PR and then abscond back to the USA for up to 3 years and still meet her PR obligation, but if CIC finds out that's her intention she could have issues. There's really no point in doing this before she's ready to move anyways.

yajiijay

Jun 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
Hello,

I just have a question. I'm sponsoring my spouse, I am Canadian Citizen and she's PR in US. Can we just sumbit her green card for the indentity and civil status document instead of her Birth certificate because we don't have any copy we still have to get it in Philippines?

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
neethak said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Neetha.
Even though we may assume that the friend you are talking about is the Canadian citizen, it may also sound like your friend is the non-Canadian and that the her spouse (the Canadian) is living in the US; because the situation is not 100% clear, one cannot be too specific about the situation, but here are some things that must be known.

If the applicant (the non-Canadian) will continue to reside in the US after approval, that person can wait to land before the expiration of the time given to land in Canada, which will maximize the time that person can stay outside of Canada before the time runs out in regards to the residency obligations (right now at 2 years out of the last 5 years). Heightened scrutiny by CBSA agents upon return is possible because of the residency obligation, or upon renewal of the PR card after a lengthy absence.

However, if you are talking about the sponsor (the Canadian) living in the US then there may be complications. While PRs living outside Canada are not allowed to sponsor anyone to become permanent resident of Canada, Canadian citizens are allowed to do so as long as they submit proof that they will return to Canada to live once the applicant becomes a PR. Continuing the application under those circumstances assumes a promise made by the Canadian citizen to return to Canada that if not fulfilled will jeopardize the applicant's PR status at the point of PR card renewal (which based on the latest citizenship requirements and its processing time will most likely happen).

Moyo36

Jan 20, 2015
Hello,

We received a request for further evidence of a legit marriage back on March 9, and then again on April 30 along with a request for police certificate. I sent the requested further evidence and FBI check less than 2 weeks ago and decided to check yesterday online to see the status. It says "decision made" but when I go into the notes it only says steps 1,2,3,4,5 and 4 and 5 are about how they mailed requests for further evidence and FBI check. I am fearful that they made a decision prior to getting the stuff I sent in, or potentially they processed the that quickly? How long does it take for them to send you something in the mail?
Thanks!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Moyo36 said:
Hello,

We received a request for further evidence of a legit marriage back on March 9, and then again on April 30 along with a request for police certificate. I sent the requested further evidence and FBI check less than 2 weeks ago and decided to check yesterday online to see the status. It says "decision made" but when I go into the notes it only says steps 1,2,3,4,5 and 4 and 5 are about how they mailed requests for further evidence and FBI check. I am fearful that they made a decision prior to getting the stuff I sent in, or potentially they processed the that quickly? How long does it take for them to send you something in the mail?
Thanks!
It's quite possible they received the requests and have sent an approval. What was the due date in the second request? ECAS is not going to tell you what they sent, only that a decision has been made. The applicant should keep their eye out for a brown envelope from CIC in regular mail. If something did go wrong, and they didn't receive the requested information, the sponsor should get in touch with their MP as soon as it is confirmed what happened. My guess is you'll get the COPR in the mail soon. depending on where the applicant is, it takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks to get it. Keep us updated...

Moyo36

Jan 20, 2015
Well the one sent April 30 said 30 days but so did the one sent March 9 and unfortunately we other issues we had to deal with and sent it as soon as we got the FBI check. Because I sent this stuff in by mid June, a DM showed up when I logged in yesterday. I hadn't logged in since maybe the first week of June and am thinking they didn't process further evidence and FBI check that quick (less than a week and a half).

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Moyo36 said:
Well the one sent April 30 said 30 days but so did the one sent March 9 and unfortunately we other issues we had to deal with and sent it as soon as we got the FBI check. Because I sent this stuff in by mid June, a DM showed up when I logged in yesterday. I hadn't logged in since maybe the first week of June and am thinking they didn't process further evidence and FBI check that quick (less than a week and a half).
if you didn't respond to the request before the due date, then there is a chance they closed the file. if this is the case, then get in touch with the sponsor's MP ASAP. If you do it now, they may be able to determine what the decision is and MPs are known to be helpful in getting files reopened in situations like this. You may want to order GMSC notes too, although it takes 30 days to get the report.

In the future, if CIC sends a request, it is imperative to respond to them no matter if you are able to comply within their time frame. If they know you are attempting to get what they need, they will not close the application and will issue an extension. NOT communicating with them about any issue can result in them closing the file. All is not lost yet. wait for the letter and get in touch with the MP to see what they can do.

Moyo36

Jan 20, 2015
Thanks for the info. The events we went through that caused us to miss the deadline were extremely extenuating. I am thinking they probably closed the case as the online stuff is only updated Tuesdays?? and that would mean in 5 business days, the CIC processed what I emailed them which I'm guessing is highly unlikely. I have contacted my local MP (I'm the sponsor) and they told me to come in tomorrow to fill out some forms.