Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Good news, I got my COPR in the mail today!

My husband pulled a prank on me though. He came in with mail and he said it's "only junk mail". I went to walk away and he said "By the way, it's here" in a monotonous tone. We're celebrating by buying really good bacon for now.

It was issued on June 7th valid until March 30, 2017 with Condition 51, which won't be an issue for me. I'll probably be landing within a month or two though.

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Congrats Decoy!! ;D
When did you get DM. Are you in the US? I'm pacing. I got DM June 4th and am in Georgia and have not gotten anything yet. Hoping today is the day!

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
When I received my AOR1 it was in my maiden name even though we are married. Is that normally the case?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bcgirl1 said:
When I received my AOR1 it was in my maiden name even though we are married. Is that normally the case?
is your passport in your married or maiden name?

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Everything is in my married name, we've been married 6 years

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Bcgirl1 said:
Everything is in my married name, we've been married 6 years
OK, so AOR goes to the sponsor. are you the sponsor or applicant? if you're the applicant, you are saying the name listed in the letter is your maiden name? I just want to be sure i understand the issue.

If you are the applicant and the sponsor hasn't received SA yet, I would recommend waiting until you do and your file is transferred to ottawa. At that point, i would send a case specific inquiry and provide a copy of your passport noting your application should be in your married name. After SA, you'll be able to check online in the system (ECAS) and see if your married name is listed there.

If you are the sponsor, then i don't think it matters what name is used.

sanr4

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
I am PR applicant. FSW USA. Did anyone on here get PPR in 6 months?
There is a PPR rain in Jan AOR group. However all FSW US applicants are waiting for 5 months with no updates on applications.
Any experience to share?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
sanr4 said:
I am PR applicant. FSW USA. Did anyone on here get PPR in 6 months?
There is a PPR rain in Jan AOR group. However all FSW US applicants are waiting for 5 months with no updates on applications.
Any experience to share?
This thread is for family/spousal sponsorship, so i don't think you're going to have much luck with your question here. the process for spousal sponsorship PR and FSW PR are significantly different and the times are not the same at all. you will not be able to gauge a FSW application from the information posted on this part of the forum.

have you tried posting this on the FSW board on this forum? You will be more successful getting a response that suits your application better there...

Bcgirl1

Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Na
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
File Transfer...
21-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Thank you very much CdnPR2014, that sets my mind at ease. I am the sponsor

Application sent May 18
AOR1 received June 9 saying received May 20

Patiently waiting for SA

When I check online I can only see application received under my husbands name. Nothing under mine as the sponsor although from what I've read this isn't unusual.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
ktorva said:
Congrats Decoy!! ;D
When did you get DM. Are you in the US? I'm pacing. I got DM June 4th and am in Georgia and have not gotten anything yet. Hoping today is the day!
Oops, I just saw this. Thank you ;D. I got DM June 8th, but my COPR was issued the day before. I received it in the mail one week after it was issued, but I'm in Canada. Because of how unpredictable mail is, especially across the border, it doesn't surprise me that it's taking longer to get to you in George. I'd wait another week or two before trying to contact the CIC. I hope you get yours soon!

Chi2Can

Jun 18, 2016
hi

i sent my sponsor Application to Mississauga
it is received today

any body tell me, when i will receive

1- 1st AOR (what does this mean?)
2- SA (sponsor Approved?)

3- Passport request?

my Spouse is USA Permanent resident and i m Cananadian PR.

thanks alot

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
Decoy24601 said:
Oops, I just saw this. Thank you ;D. I got DM June 8th, but my COPR was issued the day before. I received it in the mail one week after it was issued, but I'm in Canada. Because of how unpredictable mail is, especially across the border, it doesn't surprise me that it's taking longer to get to you in George. I'd wait another week or two before trying to contact the CIC. I hope you get yours soon!
Thanks! Another person in the US who got DM around the same time just got their COPR on the 18th, so I'm hopeful mine is any day now. I didn't expect this part to be the nail biter!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Chi2Can said:
hi

i sent my sponsor Application to Mississauga
it is received today

any body tell me, when i will receive

1- 1st AOR (what does this mean?)
2- SA (sponsor Approved?)

3- Passport request?

my Spouse is USA Permanent resident and i m Cananadian PR.

thanks alot
AOR - acknowledgement of receipt. the sponsor will receive this when CIC opens the applicaiton and confirms it was received
SA - sponsor approval - Sponsor will receive this when they have been approved as a sponsor and the letter will notify the applicant which visa office is handling their application.

Passport Request - PPR - this comes at the end of the applicant's process, and the applicant will receive notification from CIC about it. it will be months before this happens.

No one can say for sure how long any of the steps will take. you can certainly make an educated guess based on what other applicants who applied at the same time are facing by joining the thread specific to the month you applied.

US applications are being processed quickly right now, generally 2-4 months. Keep in mind though, this may not be true for US PRs, as CIC will still need to validate information from the applicant's country of citizenship. it can take longer for some countries to respond to requests, leading to longer processing for US PRs.