File Transfer...
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
27-11-2015
Got home from work today, CoPR in the mailbox 8)

Gonna flagpole Osoyoos sometime this week, hopefully there won't be heavy Thanksgiving traffic..

Hnamson1

Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/03/2015
Doc's Request.
17/09/2015
AOR Received.
In Process 22/09/2015
Med's Done....
19/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015 DM/ 23/11/2015 COPR
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
Received my COPR today!! Just in the nick of time, pods are loaded and our flights leave in 2 days. Best wishes to everyone on a speedy DM and la ding process!! I am so done with immigration for now!!

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
IP: 04-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
Cal2VictoriaBc said:
Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I wish I would have known about it sooner, oh well. So here is my story as of right now.
US CITIZEN: Wife lives in Canada. Application for Permanent Residence Outside Canada.
:::::My wife was approved as my Sponsor on July 30, 2015::::::

We received your application for permanent residence on- May 25, 2015.
We started processing your application on- August 3, 2015
Medical results have been received.

Under Permanent Residence Application Status I got "Decision Made" November 21, 2015

I'm just wondering what is next in this process? thank you all
Hi Cal2VictoriaBc, Congrasts!! We pretty much have the EXACT same timeline as you so I'm hoping for some good news soon!! Were you sent any document requests by any chance?? Or did you just go straight from In Process to DM without any requests in between?

DanOCan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
jamsham12 said:
Anybody know the process of registering for an Alberta Health Card, do i have to wait until the P.R card arrives, if anyone knows the process please advise? Thanks
You likely do not need to wait for the PR card to arrive. My wife managed to get Alberta Health Care coverage using nothing more than a stamp in her passport. We went into a registry agent, filled out the application, they took a photocopy of her passport stamp, sent the application in for us and we had coverage just a few days later. If you already have your COPR, you should be golden, as per this website: http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html

rockgurl1965

Star Member
May 9, 2014
eureka ca
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
SA 06-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
IELTS Request
working on sponsored spouse file 8-18-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 12/12/2015 copr 12-21-15
Just received our documents request in the email 10 minutes ago. yahoo!! Based on what I am reading the only thing that needs to sent is my wifes proof that she is residing in Canada. Out medicals , police certificates and payments are already done, and there are no changes in our situation. Any insight is welcomed. thank you.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
rockgurl1965 said:
Just received our documents request in the email 10 minutes ago. yahoo!! Based on what I am reading the only thing that needs to sent is my wifes proof that she is residing in Canada. Out medicals , police certificates and payments are already done, and there are no changes in our situation. Any insight is welcomed. thank you.
That's all you need to provide if you sent the other already. I just hit reply, uploaded the documents, and also said that I had included all the other things with the original application (medicals, certificates, payment, etc.). I also confirmed the mailing address, and told them to let me know if they required anything further.

Next time will be DM!

Congrats!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Trying so hard to be happy for everyone getting DM but really just making me sick to my tummy...seriously beginning to think that the Case Manager may have lied to us...

Nov 20, 2015
angipangy said:
Hi Cal2VictoriaBc, Congrasts!! We pretty much have the EXACT same timeline as you so I'm hoping for some good news soon!! Were you sent any document requests by any chance?? Or did you just go straight from In Process to DM without any requests in between?
Hi angipangy, I never had a document requests, it just went from In Process to Decision Made. So hopefully in a couple weeks we get our CoPR. 8)

Under Permanent Residence Application Status I got "Decision Made" November 21, 2015

AdeAhmed

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Hi all,

had a few questions about our US outland application.

1. We did the medical in October, and hope to submit our application in December - was doing the medical that early wrong? I was under the impression it was good for one year...
2. We were delayed in doing the FBI check - ive read that it makes sense to get things started and then send the FBI check once received in a few months - does that make sense? What do I put in the application about the check being missing? That it is in progress?
3. My wife is actually pregnant, which i think is a pretty significant proof of the marriage. Is that something that gets indicated somewhere? What could I submit as proof?

angipangy

Sep 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
IP: 04-08-2015
Med's Done....
04-01-2015
Cal2VictoriaBc said:
Hi angipangy, I never had a document requests, it just went from In Process to Decision Made. So hopefully in a couple weeks we get our CoPR. 8)

Thanks Cal2VictoriaBc!! Good to know. I have yet to receive any document requests, so this gives me hope!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
AdeAhmed said:
Hi all,

had a few questions about our US outland application.

1. We did the medical in October, and hope to submit our application in December - was doing the medical that early wrong? I was under the impression it was good for one year...
2. We were delayed in doing the FBI check - ive read that it makes sense to get things started and then send the FBI check once received in a few months - does that make sense? What do I put in the application about the check being missing? That it is in progress?
3. My wife is actually pregnant, which i think is a pretty significant proof of the marriage. Is that something that gets indicated somewhere? What could I submit as proof?

1. You're fine. Medicals are good for one year, and the CIC officer assigned to your case can choose to extend them if they feel it's close to expiring when they're close to approving your paperwork. I did my medicals two months early, too.

2. You can send your application in without a police certificate. I would include a letter with your application stating that it's in the process of being run, and that you will later include it. Showing you know it's necessary and that you're working on it will help them move on to the next step. You will, however, want to get that to them ASAP once you have it.

3. If your wife is pregnant, you can send something like ultrasounds, doctor's note, etc., though I don't think it's absolutely necessary to prove your relationship. It certainly can't hurt, however!

A note regarding that: You need to notify the CIC when the baby is born if s/he is born before you land in Canada as a PR. They'll need to include your child in your COPR paperwork. It's crucial you do that.

Good luck!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
I got a documents request email today as well.

Truthfully I'm a bit worried and thought someone might have some insight. We currently all live in the states and haven't started any major things for moving back to Canada yet.

We have a solid plan but it involves moving in with my Mom for a bit and looking for jobs when we get there as I'm not in the type of field where they are likely to hire someone from across the continent. I can get letters from people stating what's going to happen, I can include some emails back and forth but they are all from family and friends about moving stuff. I'm planning on going back to school but not until we are settled back in Canada because we didn't want to risk splitting the family up.

We need to wait until after March to move but were hoping to stay until the end of the school year for my son though it's not really necessary as he's still really young. If need be, I'm quite happy to book a one way ticket and start the process and have my husband follow soon after so long as we know it's not a long term situation.

If they don't think the documentation is sufficient will they contact us again?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
LN13 said:
I got a documents request email today as well.

Truthfully I'm a bit worried and thought someone might have some insight. We currently all live in the states and haven't started any major things for moving back to Canada yet.

We have a solid plan but it involves moving in with my Mom for a bit and looking for jobs when we get there as I'm not in the type of field where they are likely to hire someone from across the continent. I can get letters from people stating what's going to happen, I can include some emails back and forth but they are all from family and friends about moving stuff. I'm planning on going back to school but not until we are settled back in Canada because we didn't want to risk splitting the family up.

We need to wait until after March to move but were hoping to stay until the end of the school year for my son though it's not really necessary as he's still really young. If need be, I'm quite happy to book a one way ticket and start the process and have my husband follow soon after so long as we know it's not a long term situation.

If they don't think the documentation is sufficient will they contact us again?
Hey, LN13. It'd definitely have your mother write a letter saying that you plan on staying with her and that you've worked out details. Include those letters and emails you have from friends, etc., too.

You could also write in your letter that you plan on enrolling to XX program and XX university/college when you return, too. It can't hurt.

You could also email the school that your child will be attending in the future about his eminent enrollment, and then include that in your email back to the CIC. That'll definitely show you're planning on returning—your making sure he's in school once here.

They should contact you again if they need more proof—this time likely from an officer assigned to your case. I'm not 100% sure, however. (Can anything be 100% with the CIC?)

Others may have better insight. Good luck!

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
Have I been using ECAS wrong the entire time?! When I log into ECAS I use the client number given to me in a letter I received when they confirmed me as sponsor and I log in using my name and birth date. I am the sponsor. Should I be logging in as my husband? Does it matter? My immigration consultant told me I am doing it wrong, but when I try to log in using my husband's name nothing shows up.

When I log in using my name it shows me a table with 3 columns. The first is Sponsored Person and it shows my husband's name. The second says Sponsorship Application Status and it says in process. The third column says Permanent Resident Application Status and it says Decision Made.

I got excited when I saw this because I was hoping that a decision on my husband PR application was made but my immigration consultant told me that the Decision Made is referring to them approving me as the sponsor. This is so confusing because I got an email from CIC months ago approving me as the sponsor.

If somebody could provide some clarification for me that would be greatly appreciated. I got my hopes up just to have them dashed. Thank you.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
jez13 said:
Have I been using ECAS wrong the entire time?! When I log into ECAS I use the client number given to me in a letter I received when they confirmed me as sponsor and I log in using my name and birth date. I am the sponsor. Should I be logging in as my husband? Does it matter? My immigration consultant told me I am doing it wrong, but when I try to log in using my husband's name nothing shows up.

When I log in using my name it shows me a table with 3 columns. The first is Sponsored Person and it shows my husband's name. The second says Sponsorship Application Status and it says in process. The third column says Permanent Resident Application Status and it says Decision Made.

I got excited when I saw this because I was hoping that a decision on my husband PR application was made but my immigration consultant told me that the Decision Made is referring to them approving me as the sponsor. This is so confusing because I got an email from CIC months ago approving me as the sponsor.

If somebody could provide some clarification for me that would be greatly appreciated. I got my hopes up just to have them dashed. Thank you.
Hey, so if your column that says Permanent Resident Application as DM, then you have DM.

When you log on with your husband's info on ecas, use HIS date of birth, HIS country birth place, and the application number/file number. Using your DOB and birthplace with his last name and file number won't work.

Using his login info won't show Sponsorship Application; it will only show Permanent Residence Application. Your information will show both. I think your DM is in fact, DM. Congrats!