+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
Just tried it again, it still doesn't work with his name and info. I think this is the reason why my consultant said the DM was just referring to me being approved as the sponsor, however I received the letter from them approving me as the sponsor months ago.

When I log in, it says my name, my current address and below it says Sponsored Application(s)

Then it says sponsored person (my husband) then sponsorship application status (in process) and then permanent resident application status (Decision Made). All I can say is that this is so extremely stressful, I just want it to be a real DM. :eek:

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
jez13 said:
Just tried it again, it still doesn't work with his name and info. I think this is the reason why my consultant said the DM was just referring to me being approved as the sponsor, however I received the letter from them approving me as the sponsor months ago.

When I log in, it says my name, my current address and below it says Sponsored Application(s)

Then it says sponsored person (my husband) then sponsorship application status (in process) and then permanent resident application status (Decision Made). All I can say is that this is so extremely stressful, I just want it to be a real DM. :eek:
I still would give the CIC a call tomorrow morning and ask about DM for confirmation, though I still suspect it is real. I would also verify that they have your husband's proper date of birth on file. Have the file number or UCI number handy when you call, and let us know what happens!

cali2bc

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
California, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
11-06-2015
File Transfer...
14-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2015 (Decision Made 25-11-2015)
LANDED..........
08-02-2016
jez13 said:

I am sure that it is DM for you. Congrats! Maybe this will make you feel better, but there are other applicants, including me, who still still see "In Process" for the sponsor's column, even though we got SA months ago.

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks everyone! I will be sure to let you all know what happens! I'm thinking positive that it is a real DM. :) Otherwise, that seems like a cruel joke.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ineffable said:
Hey all, question:

After receiving PR, when you leave Canada and then return, does the CBSA continue to stamp your passport? (And is anything done/added to the passport when you land in Canada with your COPR?)

I only ask because the US will no longer be offering the ability to add passport pages as of January 1st. From now on, if you run out of pages, you'll have order an entirely new passport.

Considering that my passport is only 3 years old, I'd like not to have to get another prior to it expiring in 7 years because it's filled with stamps from Canada.

If the CBSA will stamp my passport every time I come back to Canada from travels, I might go ahead and have those pages added.

Thanks!
If you cross by land, they don't stamp all the time. If you go through automated kiosk with PR card at the airport such as vancouver, toronto, you don't get stamp. I don't think you need to worry about it that much since they'll expand those electronic kiosk for scanning your passport into machine rather than go through an officer.(You can still choose to go to officer in person and get passport stamp, though)
Also, if you are considering applying for Canadian passport in future, then why worry. you can use American passport when you enter US and use Canadian passport when you come back once you're dual citizen.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Caribou said:
If you cross by land, they don't stamp all the time. If you go through automated kiosk with PR card at the airport such as vancouver, toronto, you don't get stamp. I don't think you need to worry about it that much since they'll expand those electronic kiosk for scanning your passport into machine rather than go through an officer.(You can still choose to go to officer in person and get passport stamp, though)
Also, if you are considering applying for Canadian passport in future, then why worry. you can use American passport when you enter US and use Canadian passport when you come back once you're dual citizen.
Thanks! I was wondering how exactly we handle CBSA once we have PR. That answers it.

I don't know if I'll apply for Canadian citizenship in the future, else this would be an easy decision; it depends on where my spouse can find a tenure job at a university. Odds are better in the US given the sheer numbers of schools, so we may be returning. Who knows what the future holds? (Come on, University of Hawaii! :p)

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
Hey everyone,

I have good news! I called the call centre this morning at 8 am as you guys suggested, and I was told that it is a "real" DM! The agent told me that my husband's application for PR has been approved, and that we will be receiving the COPR in the mail soon! Woohoo! :D He said that the COPR hasn't been sent yet, but that it would be sent in the next few days. Just wanted to share the good news with everyone. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the COPR in the mail now. We used an immigration consultant in Edmonton so I'm guessing it will be mailed to her office.

Thanks for your wonderful advice and support! :D

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
jez13 said:
Hey everyone,

I have good news! I called the call centre this morning at 8 am as you guys suggested, and I was told that it is a "real" DM! The agent told me that my husband's application for PR has been approved, and that we will be receiving the COPR in the mail soon! Woohoo! :D He said that the COPR hasn't been sent yet, but that it would be sent in the next few days. Just wanted to share the good news with everyone. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the COPR in the mail now. We used an immigration consultant in Edmonton so I'm guessing it will be mailed to her office.

Thanks for your wonderful advice and support! :D
All right! Congratulations! (In your face, consultant!) Just in time for Christmas, too. Best of luck landing!

sherri_TX_AB

Oct 6, 2015
Hi y'all. Just got spouse approval today (November 25). Originally, we requested the Los Angeles office, but we've been sent over to the Ottawa office. Does that mean the process will be faster?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
sherri_TX_AB said:
Hi y'all. Just got spouse approval today (November 25). Originally, we requested the Los Angeles office, but we've been sent over to the Ottawa office. Does that mean the process will be faster?
Yes, it will be MUCH faster in Ottawa. Complicated cases are sent to LA. Your application being sent to Ottawa should mean you'll see DM between 6-8 months on average.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Ineffable said:
Yes, it will be MUCH faster in Ottawa. Complicated cases are sent to LA. Your application being sent to Ottawa should mean you'll see DM between 6-8 months on average.
I think it's closer to 8-10 months, but yeah, much faster than LA.

sherri_TX_AB

Oct 6, 2015
Panamai said:
That's great to hear! Thanks guys. Does that mean we don't have an interview later? If not, do we have the interview in Ottawa or LA?

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
CIC is the biggest joke around....Case Manager advised us we would have the PR by the end of the month...she told us this in person...my hubby just happened to email two days the thread that he has been going back and forth and say hey whats up...when we were in LA we submitted the receipts for everything we had paid...He rec'd an email today telling him that they never got the copies of the receipts but the receipts were ATTACHED to the EMAIL that they were responding to( amazing that as per the case notes all the money has been applied)...he pointed that out to them but I am thinking this may be the same person that could not open the emedical file attachments,....wonder if this is going to take another 2.5 months to respond to.....I am so sick of this you have no idea....

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Panamai said:
You're right! I misspoke!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Sunset0505 said:
CIC is the biggest joke around....Case Manager advised us we would have the PR by the end of the month...she told us this in person...my hubby just happened to email two days the thread that he has been going back and forth and say hey whats up...when we were in LA we submitted the receipts for everything we had paid...He rec'd an email today telling him that they never got the copies of the receipts but the receipts were ATTACHED to the EMAIL that they were responding to( amazing that as per the case notes all the money has been applied)...he pointed that out to them but I am thinking this may be the same person that could not open the emedical file attachments,....wonder if this is going to take another 2.5 months to respond to.....I am so sick of this you have no idea....
You need to hit them on 3 fronts. Fax the receipts, email them, and mail copies.