29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Aquakitty said:
You need to hit them on 3 fronts. Fax the receipts, email them, and mail copies.
We had just completed the interview and responded with in about an hour of the email...we were in LA...my husband words in the email said please see the attached...I surrender...I totally surrender...I am so sick of people that need to take a basic computer course...we were a block from the Consulate and we could have walked back over there...so done...I said that it would not be until Feb March and I am right CIC needs to support their stats for their budget...with all the refugees I am betting my life it will not be until April May...I am done...

jez13

Oct 1, 2015
Caribou that is very exciting! You got your COPR in 3 days! That is awesome! What city are you located in? I wonder if that impacted how quickly you received yours?

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Congrats to all the DMs and COPRs being received.

I unfortunately was asked for a new medical exam today. Totally sucks.

Confused987

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
rugrat907 said:
Congrats to all the DMs and COPRs being received.

I unfortunately was asked for a new medical exam today. Totally sucks.
Oh no, why are they asking for a new medical? My medical is over six months old now, wonder if I should get a new medical done just in case?

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Confused987 said:
Oh no, why are they asking for a new medical? My medical is over six months old now, wonder if I should get a new medical done just in case?
Mine were set to expire tomorrow. Mine weren't perfect, but there's a note in my notes that says it's nothing that would cause a burden on the health care system.
I still wouldn't do anything until they ask. It might not even help to do them again without a request.

What I'm pissed about it that I sent a specific inquiry over a month ago. Surely they could have told me in mid-October if they thought I would need new meds...

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Confused987 said:
Confused, like Rugrat said, don't do a medical unless specifically asked. The officers will have the ability to override and extend a medical for an additional year if they feel COPR will be issued to close to expiration or if the medical has expired while in the hands of the CIC. I think someone else was asked for one, Sunset?, and called the CIC to find out they actually didn't need to re-do them.

Rugrat, a month later and still no response? What the heck? I feel for you. Have you contacted your local MP (or partner's?). That's a question they should be able to find out about right away; I know they have the ability to bypass all the hoops we have to jump through for answers of that nature. Before I even considered paying to do another medical, I'd probably see if they can't make a phone call first to confirm it. :-\ Hang in there.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Ineffable said:
Confused, like Rugrat said, don't do a medical unless specifically asked. The officers will have the ability to override and extend a medical for an additional year if they feel COPR will be issued to close to expiration or if the medical has expired while in the hands of the CIC. I think someone else was asked for one, Sunset?, and called the CIC to find out they actually didn't need to re-do them.

Rugrat, a month later and still no response? What the heck? I feel for you. Have you contacted your local MP (or partner's?). That's a question they should be able to find out about right away; I know they have the ability to bypass all the hoops we have to jump through for answers of that nature. Before I even considered paying to do another medical, I'd probably see if they can't make a phone call first to confirm it. :-\ Hang in there.
Oh I got a response. Today, in a separate email from the meds request. Simply stated that they had sent correspondence today and to comply with "our requirements". So it doesn't seem to be a mistake. My wife's MP is worthless...when our sponsorship got hung up for 6 extra weeks because the file was sent to Ottawa before approval was complete, she talked to their office and they won't touch anything unless it's been a full year since the application was filed.

I did send the following email in reply to their tersely worded response to mine:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response. I did receive the request for a new exam today.

I am a bit disappointed that it took this long for the request since the original email I sent inquiring about the possibility was sent on October 19th. I could have completed the exam by now and been one step closer to being with my wife in Canada. I also understand that many applicants, particularly from the U.S., receive extensions beyond the one year expiration date, so this new request just adds to the disappointment. In addition, the sponsorship portion of our application was delayed nearly 6 weeks beyond the normal processing time because our file was inadvertently transferred to CPC –Ottawa before sponsor approval was completed and everything needed to be sent back to Mississauga. If that hadn’t happened, we also might have had approval prior to the expiration of the medicals.

Because of that delay and since my case notes clearly state that there is nothing in my medicals that are considered a burden on the health care system, I respectfully ask for an extension of my medicals. I know it’s not likely, but my wife and I have waited 16 years to be together permanently. If her now deceased husband had granted her a divorce or if she had had the resources to fight for one, we would have been together years ago. We’ve done everything the right way, so I am hoping for some compassion in this request, especially in this holiday season and also in light of the very compassionate work the Canadian government is doing to bring so many refugees into the country right now. I just want to be with my wife.

Thank you for your consideration. I will move forward with booking an appointment with the approved physician in my area as soon as possible; however I do hope I can get a response to this email as well.

Sincerely,
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt I will hear anything...

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
rugrat907 said:
Oh I got a response. Today, in a separate email from the meds request. Simply stated that they had sent correspondence today and to comply with "our requirements". So it doesn't seem to be a mistake. My wife's MP is worthless...when our sponsorship got hung up for 6 extra weeks because the file was sent to Ottawa before approval was complete, she talked to their office and they won't touch anything unless it's been a full year since the application was filed.

I did send the following email in reply to their tersely worded response to mine:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your response. I did receive the request for a new exam today.

I am a bit disappointed that it took this long for the request since the original email I sent inquiring about the possibility was sent on October 19th. I could have completed the exam by now and been one step closer to being with my wife in Canada. I also understand that many applicants, particularly from the U.S., receive extensions beyond the one year expiration date, so this new request just adds to the disappointment. In addition, the sponsorship portion of our application was delayed nearly 6 weeks beyond the normal processing time because our file was inadvertently transferred to CPC –Ottawa before sponsor approval was completed and everything needed to be sent back to Mississauga. If that hadn’t happened, we also might have had approval prior to the expiration of the medicals.

Because of that delay and since my case notes clearly state that there is nothing in my medicals that are considered a burden on the health care system, I respectfully ask for an extension of my medicals. I know it’s not likely, but my wife and I have waited 16 years to be together permanently. If her now deceased husband had granted her a divorce or if she had had the resources to fight for one, we would have been together years ago. We’ve done everything the right way, so I am hoping for some compassion in this request, especially in this holiday season and also in light of the very compassionate work the Canadian government is doing to bring so many refugees into the country right now. I just want to be with my wife.

Thank you for your consideration. I will move forward with booking an appointment with the approved physician in my area as soon as possible; however I do hope I can get a response to this email as well.

Sincerely,
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt I will hear anything...
I want to punch everyone in this email that has essentially proved worthless for you.

Crossing my fingers that someone who reads this has a soul and will help you out here.

Any chance there's a neighboring MP near you who actually will help you? To say they'll only touch it after a year is complete and utter BS, and their own personal policy to avoid lifting a finger. Sounds like they may have been re-elected one too many times. Asshat.

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Ineffable said:
I want to punch everyone in this email that has essentially proved worthless for you.

Crossing my fingers that someone who reads this has a soul and will help you out here.

Any chance there's a neighboring MP near you who actually will help you? To say they'll only touch it after a year is complete and utter BS, and their own personal policy to avoid lifting a finger. Sounds like they may have been re-elected one too many times. Asshat.
Doubt it. And it's not terribly surprising...we aren't outside of any posted time frames and I think that's what a lot of MPs go by, at least to a degree. Some certainly are better than others but my wife doesn't think much of him and she's been a bit of a rabble rouser in her town, so that probably doesn't help.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Does anyone in Ontario know if you can apply for a SIN and register for OHIP at the same time when you go to a Service Canada building?

I'm hoping I can kill two birds with one stone after I flagpole at the Rainbow bridge. (I've also gathered that there's no ability to apply for a SIN at the Rainbow bridge and will have to visit a Service Canada center to do that.)

I know that it takes 3 months after landing Ontario to activate your OHIP, but I've heard you can register for it prior to then so it becomes active months later.

Thanks in advance!

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Sunset0505 said:
We had just completed the interview and responded with in about an hour of the email...we were in LA...my husband words in the email said please see the attached...I surrender...I totally surrender...I am so sick of people that need to take a basic computer course...we were a block from the Consulate and we could have walked back over there...so done...I said that it would not be until Feb March and I am right CIC needs to support their stats for their budget...with all the refugees I am betting my life it will not be until April May...I am done...
oh man, this echoes my feelings perfectly of the whole process. just exhausted and I've only just begun the waiting.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
Ineffable said:
Does anyone in Ontario know if you can apply for a SIN and register for OHIP at the same time when you go to a Service Canada building?

I'm hoping I can kill two birds with one stone after I flagpole at the Rainbow bridge. (I've also gathered that there's no ability to apply for a SIN at the Rainbow bridge and will have to visit a Service Canada center to do that.)

I know that it takes 3 months after landing Ontario to activate your OHIP, but I've heard you can register for it prior to then so it becomes active months later.

Thanks in advance!
Most Service Canada counters can do SIN, OHIP and sometimes even Driver's Licence.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
CamL-W said:
Most Service Canada counters can do SIN, OHIP and sometimes even Driver's Licence.
Awesome. Thanks, CamL-W. I appreciate it!

Hollywood

Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 21-09-2015 FT: 28-09-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 21-12-2015
LANDED..........
31-12-2015
Got an email on 24NOV2015 requesting additional documents (RPRF, Proof of Canadian Residence, Medical, Police, etc.). Seems like a pretty standard email as many people in the first couple weeks of June have rec'vd this as well. Our documentation was pretty good I thought, but we still emailed and mailed more documents (and copies of the old stuff) just to be sure. If you've got this email too could you update the spreadsheet(s) and post on here too so we can see how many of us are getting this? Good luck, maybe we can get a few more DM's and COPR's before 2015 is out!