Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
danvir said:
I applied for my wife a couple months ago and when I went to attach my tax NOA, I only realized then that they wanted an Option C that would take a few weeks. I didn't have the luxury of waiting, so I applied with the NOA. I got the Option C in due course.

I just received an email confirming receipt of our application on 2015/09/18. Should I send the Option C now, proactively? Or wait and see if they request it? I didn't send it before because I wanted a UCI or some sort of reference number for them to attach it to.

Also, do I just send it to the general Mississauga address? The email is from CPC Mississauga.

Thanks!
Since it's required of the sponsor, I would send it asap so they can give you SA. They process SA in Mississauga and then mail the app to your spouse's VO (I assume it will be Ottawa). So yes get it to Mississauga.

fiona2009

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 20th 2015
AOR Received.
March 17th 2015
Med's Request
Up Front
Med's Done....
December 5th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: Nov 21st 2015
I got Decision Made!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

rockgurl1965

Star Member
May 9, 2014
eureka ca
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
SA 06-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-07-2015
IELTS Request
working on sponsored spouse file 8-18-2015
File Transfer...
06-08-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015 UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 12/12/2015 copr 12-21-15
fiona2009 said:
I got Decision Made!
Awesome news , Congratulations

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
ad rasheed said:
hey buddy, i live in L.A california with my wife. we applied from here. thats why i posted on this thread.i am on a work visa.
My bad, I read Pakistani Police cert and misunderstood!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I'm filling out my IMM0008 now and I was wondering, does it look bad to list unemployed as my current occupation? Since I'm visiting my spouse (sponsor) during my application process, I don't have a job anymore.

Panamai

Oct 3, 2013
Kingston, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
29-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015
File Transfer...
31-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
DM 05-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2015
LANDED..........
23-11-2015
Decoy24601 said:
I'm filling out my IMM0008 now and I was wondering, does it look bad to list unemployed as my current occupation? Since I'm visiting my spouse (sponsor) during my application process, I don't have a job anymore.
I did this and it was not an issue at all. I also put my country of residence as Canada, even though I was a visitor. I was trying to make it clear that my partner and I were living together since we applied as common-law. CIC doesn't take issue with this, but be careful about telling that to CBSA.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Decoy24601 said:
There's no financial or employment requirement to sponsor a spouse, but let them know how you will support yourselves.

currito

Feb 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

Long time follower and infrequent poster on this thread though maybe this long post will make up for that!

This forum has been a great resource and reassurance during this process. Much more helpful than calling CIC. My husband, a US citizen, landed as a permanent resident last Friday and I wanted to share his rather difficult landing experience.

Our timeline took just over 9 months.
VO: Ottawa
Destination: Toronto
App Filed: Feb. 18th 2015
AOR 1: April 10th
SA: April 16th
AOR 2: April 21st (received over the phone)
In process in ECAS: August 21st
Medicals: submitted up front but expired, requested by CIC on September 9th and resubmitted September 17th
Additional docs requested and sent: October 21st
Decision made in ECAS: October 31st
COPR received: November 9th
Landed: November 20th

He did his landing early Friday morning at the Peace Bridge land border crossing in Buffalo. CBSA staff were quick and friendly in processing him but unfortunately quite incompetent as we would later learn.

When we went to a Service Canada location in Toronto later that same day to apply for his SIN card, we were told that they couldn’t give him one because there was a discrepancy between his COPR and his passport – turns out the immigration agent that morning wrote down my husband's travel document number incorrectly when copying it from the COPR into his passport, mixing up two numbers AND forgot to sign my husband’s copy of the COPR. Service Canada told us to go to the nearest border crossing and get immigration officials there to correct the mistake. Since Buffalo is about 2 hours from Toronto, we rushed over to Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson Int’l Airport (turns out you can just walk in to immigration from the arrivals section of the terminal) and were told by the first CBSA agent there that they couldn’t do anything about it – that we’d have to go BACK to the Peace Bridge border in Buffalo, get the agent who made the original mistake to cross out their error, correct it and sign it. That we’d have to call the Peace Bridge and make an appointment to go see the original agent when they were back on their shift god-knows-when. For a mistake that was not our fault. That was incredibly frustrating and disheartening, not to mention horrible customer service.

After a few minutes of polite and pleading persuasion, we convinced the CBSA agent to talk to his supervisor, who corrected the error in my husband’s passport, signed his COPR thus making it official, entered a note into his record in their system that that had been done, and had his SIN card processed at the Service Canada desk within immigration at Pearson. The staff there told us that unfortunately these kinds of mistakes happen quite frequently at the land border crossings because they don’t get the volume of landings for agents to know what to do very well. And that the airport always gets these kinds of mistakes coming to them – which didn’t make any sense why we were first told to go back to the land border to correct the error, but we were tired and grateful the mistake was fixed and we weren’t going to push it any further with the CBSA.

My recommendation for US outland applicants: do your landing at Pearson or at other major international airports in Canada where they have the trained staff to handle immigration matters, have the volume of immigrants passing through to actually put that training into use frequently and so possibly might have a lower frequency of errors and have the staff to fix problems when they occur. If you land at Pearson Int’l Airport, you can also get your SIN card processed at the same time rather than having to go visit a Service Canada location to do so – not sure if this happens at other airports as well.

Essentially, my husband landed twice that day – once at the land border and then again for real at Pearson a few hours later. Unbelievable!

Wishing everyone here a speedy DM and a less stressful landing experience!

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
currito said:
Hi everyone,

Long time follower and infrequent poster on this thread though maybe this long post will make up for that!

This forum has been a great resource and reassurance during this process. Much more helpful than calling CIC. My husband, a US citizen, landed as a permanent resident last Friday and I wanted to share his rather difficult landing experience.

Our timeline took just over 9 months.
VO: Ottawa
Destination: Toronto
App Filed: Feb. 18th 2015
AOR 1: April 10th
SA: April 16th
AOR 2: April 21st (received over the phone)
In process in ECAS: August 21st
Medicals: submitted up front but expired, requested by CIC on September 9th and resubmitted September 17th
Additional docs requested and sent: October 21st
Decision made in ECAS: October 31st
COPR received: November 9th
Landed: November 20th

He did his landing early Friday morning at the Peace Bridge land border crossing in Buffalo. CBSA staff were quick and friendly in processing him but unfortunately quite incompetent as we would later learn.

When we went to a Service Canada location in Toronto later that same day to apply for his SIN card, we were told that they couldn’t give him one because there was a discrepancy between his COPR and his passport – turns out the immigration agent that morning wrote down my husband's travel document number incorrectly when copying it from the COPR into his passport, mixing up two numbers AND forgot to sign my husband’s copy of the COPR. Service Canada told us to go to the nearest border crossing and get immigration officials there to correct the mistake. Since Buffalo is about 2 hours from Toronto, we rushed over to Terminal 1 at Toronto Pearson Int’l Airport (turns out you can just walk in to immigration from the arrivals section of the terminal) and were told by the first CBSA agent there that they couldn’t do anything about it – that we’d have to go BACK to the Peace Bridge border in Buffalo, get the agent who made the original mistake to cross out their error, correct it and sign it. That we’d have to call the Peace Bridge and make an appointment to go see the original agent when they were back on their shift god-knows-when. For a mistake that was not our fault. That was incredibly frustrating and disheartening, not to mention horrible customer service.

After a few minutes of polite and pleading persuasion, we convinced the CBSA agent to talk to his supervisor, who corrected the error in my husband’s passport, signed his COPR thus making it official, entered a note into his record in their system that that had been done, and had his SIN card processed at the Service Canada desk within immigration at Pearson. The staff there told us that unfortunately these kinds of mistakes happen quite frequently at the land border crossings because they don’t get the volume of landings for agents to know what to do very well. And that the airport always gets these kinds of mistakes coming to them – which didn’t make any sense why we were first told to go back to the land border to correct the error, but we were tired and grateful the mistake was fixed and we weren’t going to push it any further with the CBSA.

My recommendation for US outland applicants: do your landing at Pearson or at other major international airports in Canada where they have the trained staff to handle immigration matters, have the volume of immigrants passing through to actually put that training into use frequently and so possibly might have a lower frequency of errors and have the staff to fix problems when they occur. If you land at Pearson Int’l Airport, you can also get your SIN card processed at the same time rather than having to go visit a Service Canada location to do so – not sure if this happens at other airports as well.

Essentially, my husband landed twice that day – once at the land border and then again for real at Pearson a few hours later. Unbelievable!

Wishing everyone here a speedy DM and a less stressful landing experience!
Thanks for this heads up, Currito. I am planning on driving down to the Peace Bridge this weekend (hoping my COPR shows up this week). I wish I could just head up to YYZ and do it, but I'm already in Canada and buying a plane ticket to fly out and then back seems a bit like a waste.

I'll definitely double check that all of the things you mentioned are done (though it's nice to know I can pop over to YYZ to correct it). Glad everything worked out in the end. Congrats on completing the journey!

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
During our interview the Case Manager said we should have our PR by the end of the month...7 days left in NOV...one of the day's is a Holiday and 2 are the weekend...the CIC site still has Med rec'd as line 4...I hope I make it through this week sane but truth be known I think the only results we will see is nothing till the new year...

rugrat907

Feb 3, 2015
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
25-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-11-2014, remeds on 04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR issued 21-12-2015
Sunset0505 said:
During our interview the Case Manager said we should have our PR by the end of the month...7 days left in NOV...one of the day's is a Holiday and 2 are the weekend...the CIC site still has Med rec'd as line 4...I hope I make it through this week sane but truth be known I think the only results we will see is nothing till the new year...
Thursday isn't a holiday in Canada. So maybe that helps a little.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
got my COPR today, it says not valid for travel in big letters lmao, and surprisingly i do not have condition 51 even though we have been common law for 1 year although we have been together for 5.