waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
That is really the only thing I can think of. Its funny online it states that the process time is 26 months in LA. I hope even though our file is open and being touched, the wait does not start from beginning and should almost be complete if anything, as it has already been 8 months. I have also heard that once its transferred to LA, you usually hear back within 3 months if all is well.
yeah, i wouldn't trust the stats online. i think those were gathered during a strike and office closures! it seems people with files in LA get movement much quicker than anticipated. it *seems* it takes more like a year - 15 months. (that's just from what i've observed so far). Also, when an interview is requested, it doesn't seem to be a long wait like other countries!

i'm sure it will be interested to see what is indicated in the notes!

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
SA: 25-02-2015 / AOR 2: April 10th 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 25 2015 ---- FILE IN PROCESS APRIL 7TH 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
rhcohen2014 said:
yeah, i wouldn't trust the stats online. i think those were gathered during a strike and office closures! it seems people with files in LA get movement much quicker than anticipated. it *seems* it takes more like a year - 15 months. (that's just from what i've observed so far). Also, when an interview is requested, it doesn't seem to be a long wait like other countries!

i'm sure it will be interested to see what is indicated in the notes!
I agree with you on that! Would you happen to know if an interview is requested, if it is for both or just one person and to get an interview date is generally how long for sates?

Once again, thanks for all the help and support

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
I agree with you on that! Would you happen to know if an interview is requested, if it is for both or just one person and to get an interview date is generally how long for sates?

i think the interview is for the applicant, and it seems sponsors are encouraged to go? i'm really not sure. from what i've heard about the LA interview requests, it seems they are scheduled for 2-3 months out? i can't say for sure. it's difficult to determine if there is a "trend" or not...

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
adirai said:

Having my file transferred to LA has meant a very long delay in processing for me, as you can readily see from my timeline. It took LA 6 months just to look at my file before deciding to interview me which they scheduled for 2 months after that. My file was transferred in January from Ottawa but it was not reviewed until June.
From what I have read on this forum, LA generally requires both applicant and sponsor to attend interviews should they decide an interview is required, which often seems to be the case.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
chala said:
Having my file transferred to LA has meant a very long delay in processing for me, as you can readily see from my timeline. It took LA 6 months just to look at my file before deciding to interview me which they scheduled for 2 months after that. My file was transferred in January from Ottawa but it was not reviewed until June.
From what I have read on this forum, LA generally requires both applicant and sponsor to attend interviews should they decide an interview is required, which often seems to be the case.
That is aweful, from states to Canada should not take that long at all. In your case, you would almost be reaching the timeframe given on the cic website for 22-26 months in LA. It should never take that long, unless at that time there was a backlog or strike had affected it. Did cpc-o or LA office request any additional documents, do you know why your file was transferred though. Its funny, I got two different replies from cpc-o. 1st was that your file is in process and should stay in ottawa for the rest of case and is pending officer review. Then 2nd reply 20 days later was being transferred to LA for more in depth review...so I am assuming it is still pending visa officer review as it was never even reviewed in ottawa. It is soo confusing and it seems like the people in cic do not have full updates or communication for each other making it confusing and the applicant getting wrong or outdated information.

But your interview is in august....I would say you are less than a month away from finally getting your visa!

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
adirai said:
That is aweful, from states to Canada should not take that long at all. In your case, you would almost be reaching the timeframe given on the cic website for 22-26 months in LA. It should never take that long, unless at that time there was a backlog or strike had affected it. Did cpc-o or LA office request any additional documents, do you know why your file was transferred though. Its funny, I got two different replies from cpc-o. 1st was that your file is in process and should stay in ottawa for the rest of case and is pending officer review. Then 2nd reply 20 days later was being transferred to LA for more in depth review...so I am assuming it is still pending visa officer review as it was never even reviewed in ottawa. It is soo confusing and it seems like the people in cic do not have full updates or communication for each other making it confusing and the applicant getting wrong or outdated information.

But your interview is in august....I would say you are less than a month away from finally getting your visa!

They did not request additional information except a medical extension for a non-accompanying dependent last November. From the latest GCMS notes it appears that they have some minor concerns about the non-accompanying dependent. To us this was not enough to justify such a long delay in processing nor the added burden of flying to LA for a 30 minute interview. I have learned that there are many inconsistencies with CIC and nothing is a certainty.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
chala said:
They did not request additional information except a medical extension for a non-accompanying dependent last November. From the latest GCMS notes it appears that they have some minor concerns about the non-accompanying dependent. To us this was not enough to justify such a long delay in processing nor the added burden of flying to LA for a 30 minute interview. I have learned that there are many inconsistencies with CIC and nothing is a certainty.
yes, it seems non accompanying minors can be a cause for the file to be transferred to LA. I know of another case of someone not on the forum. They applied in sept and just got word of an interview in aug.

kasia333

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-21-14 received 5-23-14
AOR Received.
SA 07-23-14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
4-30-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 10-10-14
LANDED..........
10-16-14
Hey guys,

My husband got approved as a sponsor recently.. but the email from CIC states :

Dear xxxx:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of xxxxxx and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:
CPC-Ottawa
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
E-mail: OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca
Fax number: (613) 946-6059
This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

My question:

Does this mean my application got sent to Ottawa from Mississauga... or did it get sent to an office in the states?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Hi Kasia. See how it says below..

"Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPC-Ottawa

CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region..."

That means it's been sent to Ottawa. CIC just calls it an "abroad" office because "technically" it's an abroad American processing office, outside of Canada (but weirdly located in Ottawa).

kasia333

Star Member
May 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-21-14 received 5-23-14
AOR Received.
SA 07-23-14
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
4-30-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR 10-10-14
LANDED..........
10-16-14
Zarilenth said:
Hi Kasia. See how it says below..

"Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPC-Ottawa

CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region..."

That means it's been sent to Ottawa. CIC just calls it an "abroad" office because "technically" it's an abroad American processing office, outside of Canada (but weirdly located in Ottawa).
Thank you!!! I started to worry about wording and started reading too much into it. Phew!

Also, sorry about the long post.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
kasia333 said:
Thank you!!! I started to worry about wording and started reading too much into it. Phew!

Also, sorry about the long post.
No prob :) Congrats on SA!

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, it seems non accompanying minors can be a cause for the file to be transferred to LA. I know of another case of someone not on the forum. They applied in sept and just got word of an interview in aug.
Sorry what exactly does non accompanying minors mean?
Children that are not being sponsored?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
yes, if the applicant has a child from another relationship they do not have full custody of, and they are not included in the PR application for sponsorship.

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
adirai said:
For me it means a dependent living abroad who will not be accompanying me to Canada at this time. All dependents have to be including in your application , whether they are coming to Canada with you or not. If my application is approved it means the dependent can come to Canada at a later date.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
chala said:
For me it means a dependent living abroad who will not be accompanying me to Canada at this time. All dependents have to be including in your application , whether they are coming to Canada with you or not. If my application is approved it means the dependent can come to Canada at a later date.
Ahhh I see....thanks for clarifying. In my case I have no one who is dependant at all...just the two of us...still transferred to LA....you never know why it wud get transferred. There are many reasons...lets not loose hope I have heard positive things as well....guys keep our fingers crossed and pray for each other!