+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
kneekick said:
I had that and my email also started with:
"This refers to your application for Permanent Residence in Canada. Your file has been transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa for further review."

Is the "further review" bit normal?
it's exactly how my email started too. it's normal/standard. It's pretty much means that they just have to "push button DONE" and your case is approved and COPR will be mailed to your mailing address on file. Just keep checking the eCas system.

kneekick

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/17/2014
Doc's Request.
07/09/2014 (marriage cert./rprf)
AOR Received.
03/26/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
02/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
10/28/2014
TanyaVV said:
it's exactly how my email started too. it's normal/standard. Just keep checking the eCas system.
*wipes forehead* Thanks! I'm started to overanalyze everything while I'm waiting and watching people who applied after me get requests for their passports. Hahaha

TanyaVV

Feb 26, 2014
kneekick said:
*wipes forehead* Thanks! I'm started to overanalyze everything while I'm waiting and watching people who applied after me get requests for their passports. Hahaha
hahahaha! they didn't require my passport at all since US is visa free country and they don't need to put visa into my passport (or something like that)

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
TanyaVV said:
hahahaha! they didn't require my passport at all since US is visa free country and they don't need to put visa into my passport (or something like that)
Ottawa still requests passports sometimes, but they just want a photocopy of the info page to make sure it hasn't changed. That's what he's talking about.

Albertan

Jan 4, 2014
Zarilenth said:
- Next steps are her background checks and FBI clearance checks, which they will do internally without contacting you.
- Ottawa does not send an AOR, but if they want any additional documents or you haven't paid your RPRF (right of Permanent Residency fee), your wife will get an email requesting that (if you put an email in your application), she also may get a Passport Request, which is simply scanning the bio page and faxing/emailing it in
- COPR comes through regular standard mail.
- She does not have to leave Canada, but you might want to update her address to your Canadian address (done by emailing Ottawa requesting address update with your and her UCI, file number, etc), so the COPR will get sent here. She then just has to drive to the border and 'flagpole' to land as a PR.
Hi Zarilenth,

She is on visit in Canada, can we still give them our Canadian address? Doesn't it need to be her permanent address (USA one) since it's outland application?

Can we also change address by calling CIC or online or emailing Ottawa is the only option?

Thanks much.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Albertan said:
Hi Zarilenth,

She is on visit in Canada, can we still give them our Canadian address? Doesn't it need to be her permanent address (USA one) since it's outland application?

Can we also change address by calling CIC or online or emailing Ottawa is the only option?

Thanks much.
Hey, I changed my husbands address to my address while he was still living in the States, so it does not matter.
And no, you cannot call CIC. You need to email Ottawa to request the change.
No worries! :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
TanyaVV said:
hahaha! i was checking a FEW times a day! did they request your passport? it seems you are in US, correct? They didnt ask for mine as it's a visa-free country the letter said and they just sent me the letter that i need with me to bring to border when i land and no visa needed in my passport...
yes, they requested a copy of my passport. correct, us citizens are visa exempt. i believe they ask for copies to verify the information on the passport is still correct. Ottawa seems to be skipping over this part for some recent applicants like yourself.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
SA: 25-02-2015 / AOR 2: April 10th 2015
File Transfer...
Feb 25 2015 ---- FILE IN PROCESS APRIL 7TH 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
Hi guys, I am a Canadian citizen and sponsored my wife from US. I submitted my application on Dec 3rd and January 7th I got my sponsor's approval. It mentions on ECAS that application is recieved and medical results have been recieved as well. There has been no update on ECAS since then, other than the fact that my lawyer had suggested to send in the FBI clearence when they ask for. So last month and this is after 5 months time after FBI clearnace issued, they certainly sent a letter requesting the FBI clearence, also asked for me to pay the RPRF. After about 2 weeks, I had e-mail CIC Ottawa case processing center and they replied the next day stating that all files that they requested have been recieved and transferred to Ottawa case processing center for further review (I am assuming to expedite the process). Also mentioned to me that our file is now pending a visa officer review.

- The second update is that I e-mailed again just to see what the status is and i got 2 replies.

1st reply
: Hello,

We have received the documentation that you have provided us, your application is now pending an officer review.
It is normal procedure that your file has been transferred to Ottawa and should remain here for the rest of the process.

Kind Regards,

2nd reply: Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

We have verified the information provided. We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application for Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on December 3, 2013.
The initial assessment of the sponsor is has been finalized and the file has been referred to the Case Processing Centre of Ottawa (CPC-O), on January 13, 2014.
A note on file added on June 17, 2014, indicates that all the requested documents have been received.
The background verifications are still in progress.
The current processing time on the website is 55 days for the assessment of the sponsor and 15 months for the assessment of the person being sponsored.
Please note, that currently the file is process at the CPC-O office, if further verification needs to be done the file may be transferred to a visa office.

The CPC-O office will inform you accordingly.

The 2nd reply was sent to me on JUNE 25TH....I HAD E-MAILED AGAIN TO CHECK AFTER ALMOST A MONTH AND GOT A REPLY 2 WEEKS LATER....

Dear Applicant,

Please note your application for permanent residency was transferred to Los Angeles for a more in depth review. Your application was transferred on 2014/06/26.

This is the latest and almost everything that has been the case in my wife's file. I do not know why it is now transferred to LA....some say it is normal process for file being sent to LA and from there the visa is issued. And some say that usually the complexed file or interview files are transferred to LA. If I am not mistaken, my file had only stayed in Ottawa till June 26th then transferred.

I AM VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG POST, BUT I WANT TO UPDATE JUST INCASE THERE ARE OTHERS IN SAME CASE OR OTHERS WHO CAN SUGGEST TO ME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON :)

Thanks

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
I have noticed a trend of applications being sent to LA if there is a non-accompanying minor. Would that be the case with you?

At this point, i would imagine it would be helpful to order the GCMS/ATIP notes for the file, to see what concern led to the transfer.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
rhcohen2014 said:
I have noticed a trend of applications being sent to LA if there is a non-accompanying minor. Would that be the case with you?

At this point, i would imagine it would be helpful to order the GCMS/ATIP notes for the file, to see what concern led to the transfer.
Thanks for the reply, we do not have a child, just the two of us. I have also already ordered the GCMS notes should arrive by mid august.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
Thanks for the reply, we do not have a child, just the two of us. I have also already ordered the GCMS notes should arrive by mid august.
good luck!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
adirai said:
Hi guys, I am a Canadian citizen and sponsored my wife from US. I submitted my application on Dec 3rd and January 7th I got my sponsor's approval. It mentions on ECAS that application is recieved and medical results have been recieved as well. There has been no update on ECAS since then, other than the fact that my lawyer had suggested to send in the FBI clearence when they ask for. So last month and this is after 5 months time after FBI clearnace issued, they certainly sent a letter requesting the FBI clearence, also asked for me to pay the RPRF. After about 2 weeks, I had e-mail CIC Ottawa case processing center and they replied the next day stating that all files that they requested have been recieved and transferred to Ottawa case processing center for further review (I am assuming to expedite the process). Also mentioned to me that our file is now pending a visa officer review.

- The second update is that I e-mailed again just to see what the status is and i got 2 replies.

1st reply
: Hello,

We have received the documentation that you have provided us, your application is now pending an officer review.
It is normal procedure that your file has been transferred to Ottawa and should remain here for the rest of the process.

Kind Regards,

2nd reply: Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

We have verified the information provided. We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application for Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child:

The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario, on December 3, 2013.
The initial assessment of the sponsor is has been finalized and the file has been referred to the Case Processing Centre of Ottawa (CPC-O), on January 13, 2014.
A note on file added on June 17, 2014, indicates that all the requested documents have been received.
The background verifications are still in progress.
The current processing time on the website is 55 days for the assessment of the sponsor and 15 months for the assessment of the person being sponsored.
Please note, that currently the file is process at the CPC-O office, if further verification needs to be done the file may be transferred to a visa office.

The CPC-O office will inform you accordingly.

The 2nd reply was sent to me on JUNE 25TH....I HAD E-MAILED AGAIN TO CHECK AFTER ALMOST A MONTH AND GOT A REPLY 2 WEEKS LATER....

Dear Applicant,

Please note your application for permanent residency was transferred to Los Angeles for a more in depth review. Your application was transferred on 2014/06/26.

This is the latest and almost everything that has been the case in my wife's file. I do not know why it is now transferred to LA....some say it is normal process for file being sent to LA and from there the visa is issued. And some say that usually the complexed file or interview files are transferred to LA. If I am not mistaken, my file had only stayed in Ottawa till June 26th then transferred.

I AM VERY VERY SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG POST, BUT I WANT TO UPDATE JUST INCASE THERE ARE OTHERS IN SAME CASE OR OTHERS WHO CAN SUGGEST TO ME WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON :)

Thanks
Did your wife have anything on her FBI file? Has she ever been in the service or associated with someone in the service? There are a myriad of reasons for a file transfer, but I suspect, based on what you noted here, that there is something on your wifes file that is making them look her over a bit more closely.

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
Alurra71 said:
Did your wife have anything on her FBI file? Has she ever been in the service or associated with someone in the service? There are a myriad of reasons for a file transfer, but I suspect, based on what you noted here, that there is something on your wifes file that is making them look her over a bit more closely.
There is absolutely nothing on her file at all. She has been in US for over 10 years and finished her education and is now working full time. However, she is not a citizen yet....I am assuming this is the delay perhaps

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
adirai said:
There is absolutely nothing on her file at all. She has been in US for over 10 years and finished her education and is now working full time. However, she is not a citizen yet....I am assuming this is the delay perhaps
yes, that seems consistent with others who have been transferred to LA. Perhaps that is standard for non-us citizens applying from the us?

adirai

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 4th, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Reccomended in Notes
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, that seems consistent with others who have been transferred to LA. Perhaps that is standard for non-us citizens applying from the us?
That is really the only thing I can think of. Its funny online it states that the process time is 26 months in LA. I hope even though our file is open and being touched, the wait does not start from beginning and should almost be complete if anything, as it has already been 8 months. I have also heard that once its transferred to LA, you usually hear back within 3 months if all is well.