12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Shylox said:
Hey all! I'm posting this here and in the Ottawa thread just so everyone sees it.

We're flying to the US tomorrow to spend time with my family. I haven't seen them in over a year and a half so I'm definitely excited! I will no longer be updating the Ottawa spreadsheet because once I come back from vacation, we'll be moving and getting our life together started. Of course I'll still be checking in here every now and then to see how you guys are doing, but I can't keep up with the spreadsheet. Please PM IvanP or amikety to have your info updated.

Thank you to you all for the support and best of luck to you!
Best of luck in the future and enjoy your trip! :D

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
amikety said:
Best of luck in the future and enjoy your trip! :D
Same to you and I will, thank you! =)

PS- Keep everyone around here smiling ;-)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Shylox said:
We're flying to the US tomorrow to spend time with my family. I haven't seen them in over a year and a half so I'm definitely excited! I will no longer be updating the Ottawa spreadsheet because once I come back from vacation, we'll be moving and getting our life together started. Of course I'll still be checking in here every now and then to see how you guys are doing, but I can't keep up with the spreadsheet. Please PM IvanP or amikety to have your info updated.
Travel safely - have fun back home. This is a good time of year to spend time back there.

And congratulations on moving forward with your life. If you're ever in my 'hood stop and say hi!

brightredscream

Sep 1, 2010
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
File Transfer...
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2012
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2013
All the best to you Shylox!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
Thank you guys! It's suppose to be a beautiful day here in Van city for our flight, but sadly the same is not true for my layover in Chicago or for Pittsburgh.

Figures, it's finally going to be nice here for the week I'm gone and it'll be cloudy and raining in Pittsburgh, then when I return I'm sure it will be all clouds again here! haha But, what can you do? lol

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
Hey everyone. We got our passport request mid April. Then today my husband got an email saying this:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Ø Police Certificates: You can find the information you require to obtain police certificates for any country in which you have lived for more than six months since the age of 18 at the following site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp
Ø PLEASE NOTE: If you go to the FBI web site, only option one is acceptable
Ø We have received the FBI clearance for your son but not for you.
Two things
FIRST- we absolutely did send the principal applicant's FBI report. I have a photocopy of it at home, but of course sent the original as they requested.
SECOND- his son is a minor, so we never sent an FBI clearance for him as it isn't a requirement.

I wonder if they mixed up my husband and my son and thought that my husband's FBI clearance was actually his sons? They have the same middle name, so I guess I could kind of see how someone who was paying very little attention to their job could make that mistake (I'm frustrated, can you tell? lol)

Any idea what I can do? I wish I could just call them and get them to double check if they actually need this FBI form or if it was a mix up. Any ideas? I'm sooooo furstrated with this all! After the PPR I thought we were pretty much set! We've started looking for apartments and everything :(

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jazztap said:
Hey everyone. We got our passport request mid April. Then today my husband got an email saying this:

Two things
FIRST- we absolutely did send the principal applicant's FBI report. I have a photocopy of it at home, but of course sent the original as they requested.
SECOND- his son is a minor, so we never sent an FBI clearance for him as it isn't a requirement.

I wonder if they mixed up my husband and my son and thought that my husband's FBI clearance was actually his sons? They have the same middle name, so I guess I could kind of see how someone who was paying very little attention to their job could make that mistake (I'm frustrated, can you tell? lol)

Any idea what I can do? I wish I could just call them and get them to double check if they actually need this FBI form or if it was a mix up. Any ideas? I'm sooooo furstrated with this all! After the PPR I thought we were pretty much set! We've started looking for apartments and everything :(
Here's my pragmatic advice: order a new FBI clearance. Yes, it's going to cost $50-60, but it takes 2 months to get it back and I'm sure you don't want to fight with them forever.

Send them a response. Tell them just what you told us: "Please note that my son does not require an FBI clearance, nor did I submit one for him. I did submit an FBI clearance letter with the original application and am attaching a scanned copy of it for your reference. Can you please confirm that you have not inadvertently used my FBI clearance as my son's? Once you have confirmed this, I will arrange for a new FBI clearance letter but it takes many weeks to get it back, so I will forward it along once I get my replacement FBI clearance."

If you've already ordered it and they still insist you have to submit it, then you have it to submit that much sooner. If they look and realize they screwed up, you'll probably find out because the COPR shows up in the mail - and you'll have an extra FBI clearance letter that you can frame and hang on your wall. I think of it as cheap insurance.

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
Here's my pragmatic advice: order a new FBI clearance. Yes, it's going to cost $50-60, but it takes 2 months to get it back and I'm sure you don't want to fight with them forever.

Send them a response. Tell them just what you told us: "Please note that my son does not require an FBI clearance, nor did I submit one for him. I did submit an FBI clearance letter with the original application and am attaching a scanned copy of it for your reference. Can you please confirm that you have not inadvertently used my FBI clearance as my son's? Once you have confirmed this, I will arrange for a new FBI clearance letter but it takes many weeks to get it back, so I will forward it along once I get my replacement FBI clearance."

If you've already ordered it and they still insist you have to submit it, then you have it to submit that much sooner. If they look and realize they screwed up, you'll probably find out because the COPR shows up in the mail - and you'll have an extra FBI clearance letter that you can frame and hang on your wall. I think of it as cheap insurance.
Thanks for the response. I sooooooooooo vastly wish that CPP-O had a phone number that we could call. I've been looking everywhere though and can't find one. I think that if we could just talk to someone they would be able to clearly see that it was a mistake. Do people typically get email responses from CPP-O? My co-worker emailed a different immigration office and it took her 2 months to get an answer!!

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
jazztap said:
Thanks for the response. I sooooooooooo vastly wish that CPP-O had a phone number that we could call. I've been looking everywhere though and can't find one. I think that if we could just talk to someone they would be able to clearly see that it was a mistake. Do people typically get email responses from CPP-O? My co-worker emailed a different immigration office and it took her 2 months to get an answer!!
I've sent a total of three messages, and only received a response to the first (they misspelled my son's name in the sponsor approval letter and I asked them to correct it). It seems like they are much more likely to respond to inquiries about a decision already made than about anything else.

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
I've sent a total of three messages, and only received a response to the first (they misspelled my son's name in the sponsor approval letter and I asked them to correct it). It seems like they are much more likely to respond to inquiries about a decision already made than about anything else.
UGH this whole thing just makes me sick. I can't believe that they just completely ignore peoples emails! I guess they just forget how important this whole thing is to the people that are trying to reach them. Ugghh and I thought we were finally done :(

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
jazztap said:
UGH this whole thing just makes me sick. I can't believe that they just completely ignore peoples emails! I guess they just forget how important this whole thing is to the people that are trying to reach them. Ugghh and I thought we were finally done :(
this is really sad

one thing i have learnt from this is... Dont be relieved until you are completely done with this...(till you dont have copr stapled in your passport)
you never know when you think you are done and then cic turns everything around

honjooshi

Mar 1, 2013
Hey everyone,

Good to hear about jazztap's story. I just got my PPR today via email, so will not be too exuberant until this is done, as others have recommended. General FYI, I'm a Nov 19 applicant and ECAS still says, "Application Received," for people still waiting and wondering.
Good luck jazztap; I hope you can get a hold of a flesh-and-blood.

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
Welp, I will go along with what computergeek has suggested. I tried to call to get more information, but the person I reached was very unhelpful (but very nice!) so it seems email is our only choice. Realistically I shouldn't be complaining because I think we're actually moving along quite quickly, especially compared to the 13 month processing time that they estimate online. You all impress me so much with your patience :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
same with me
I got PPR in April
(hoping they dont ask anything now)
and send my passport back with visa and everything required.. so tensed

jazztap

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
7-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-9-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2013
HOLY CRAP! We got an email back already!!
Dear _____,

You are correct, the FBI certificate on file is, indeed, yours.
There was a mistake due to you and your son sharing a name.
You are also correct regarding age of majority.
As you children were all under 18 at the time of application they do not need to submit police certificates.

Thank you for the clarification and for bringing this to my attention.

It would appear your application is now complete and ready for issuance.

Please send scanned copies of your passport biographical page and those of your children who will be accompanying you.
Also please confirm you mailing address as the landing papers will be sent via post.

Thank you.

Congratulations and welcome to Canada.
JW
We already sent by mail the passports and confirmation of mailing address, but that's okay we will email it back this time!! lol
Now I feel pretty darn foolish for my spazz attack I had on Monday ;)