+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone had their file transferred to Los Angeles? February applicant here, passed my meds in May and my file was transferred to LA about a month ago. I know things seems to go slower when transferred there, just curious if anyone here had similar experiences/ how long it took to make any progress or if they were called to an interview. Thanks.
Hi My file was transferred to Los Angeles on March 22. I am Oct 30th applicant, Passed my medical in January, no response yet. My lawyer did mention LA office is slow.

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Hi My file was transferred to Los Angeles on March 22. I am Oct 30th applicant, Passed my medical in January, no response yet. My lawyer did mention LA office is slow.
Wow, almost 3 and a half months with no movement, that's unfortunate to hear. I guess at the very most it should be all done with by January, right? I guess they don't typically want apps to pass the one year mark from your medical.

Best of luck, hope we hear something soon.

mastiff78

May 8, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm in Canada visiting my spouse and just sent it to Ottawa using XpressPost. It would be great if it arrived within a week. Fingers crossed!
I was wondering if you could give us an update on how soon you received your COPR after mailing in the Passport copy. Btw, my wife (American) will be visiting Canada this weekend for few days and she just received her passport copy request. She wants to mail it from Canada while she is here with my home address on the prepaid return envelope. I just wanted to make sure that it is not an issue using sponsor's mailing address.

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
We also got an email (with SA) indicating that our application was being transferred to Ottawa in March. However, when I emailed Ottawa in late April, they said it was still in Mississauga. In June I called the hotline and they said they had everything, but gave no indication of why it was not moving ahead - basically the same as we could see on MyCIC. We're going to call again sometime soon when I have time in the early morning.
Hi, Is your application proceed in LA visa office? Did you get an interview?

fatiza

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Anyone had their file transferred to Los Angeles? February applicant here, passed my meds in May and my file was transferred to LA about a month ago. I know things seems to go slower when transferred there, just curious if anyone here had similar experiences/ how long it took to make any progress or if they were called to an interview. Thanks.
Mine was transferred to los angeles on 27th june

springbok

Jun 12, 2016
Strange..... the government only issued a 6 month extension of my wifes initial 1 year visitor record. (I had only submitted her PR application last week). Looks like I will have to apply for another extension of visitor record, after 3.5 months. (since the last renewal application took 70 days, when done via online submission)

shirleyfeng1985

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
I sent the outland application in yesterday for my US wife. (she is living with me right now on a visitor record). 12 month countdown is on.
My application was received on May 29. Current status: medical-passed/file stays in CPC-M/BGC started on July 13
Do you mind sharing your timeline?
Thanks!

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
an
any update on your file?

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Nothing since the transfer email was sent on June 7th. About a week ago in another thread someone mentioned their LA interview was cancelled 5 days before the date of their interview without any explanation as to why or another date to follow up on. Idk what's going on at that place but I hope things aren't slowing down even more.

hetvi

Jul 5, 2018
Nothing since the transfer email was sent on June 7th. About a week ago in another thread someone mentioned their LA interview was cancelled 5 days before the date of their interview without any explanation as to why or another date to follow up on. Idk what's going on at that place but I hope things aren't slowing down even more.
Okay,It was me, my interview got cancelled and now they rescheduled for next month

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Okay,It was me, my interview got cancelled and now they rescheduled for next month
Oh! That's good to hear, at least they got back to you in reasonable time. We'll just keep waiting, sounds like I have a few more months if it's the same amount of time you had to wait until receiving word.

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I used Fedex to send mine and I went into one of their shipping centers to get there help. I tried UPS first but they didn’t know how to do the international return, however, that could just be the particular location I went to. Good luck!!
Do t think was specific to your location with UPS! I ran into the EXACT situation! UPS couldn’t figure it out and went into FedEx shipping center.... had to set up account with credit card and after that it was hassle free!