+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US outland applicants' thread :)

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Looks like someone in the October thread just got AOR today who applied on Oct 6, so you have a bit more waiting to do before you start to worry. There's always some variation, I applied August 2 and applicants from August 10 and later were receiving their AOR by the time I received mine.
U.S. Citizen/ Canadian PR applicant Application sent in March 2017.....still nothing. Everything is done just still waiting on BGC to finish. Good luck!! Still waiting here.

s_saati

May 2, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-13-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
Processed at Mississauga
Med's Request
04-10-22017
Med's Done....
16-10-2017
God I hope so. You waited longer than 8 months for background check to start?
We submitted our application on Feb 13 and background check start on Oct 17 (oups I said November 17 on my previous post), so year, it's was a little over 8 months.

Reichel

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
How long dows it take to receive my PPR? I sent them my prepaid envelope with copy of my passport Nov 20 and received Nov 22.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi

Are US apps processed in Ottawa or Mississauga?
All US apps as of approximately June have been kept in Mississauga. Nobody has been transferred to Ottawa in months. Presumably they are backed up. Typically US folks would be processed in Ottawa.

Reactions: Forte

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
Just to update ... don't want to depress anyone, but our wait has been 15 months now. I am Canadian sponsor living in U.S. with my American spouse; our app for his PR was received August 2016. Everything is "in order" according to the email response from IRCC; it seems we are waiting for background check to complete; we are, according to the email, to "rest assured" that we will be notified of the decision. We have retired, we have sold our house, our children/grandchildren live in Canada and are anxious for us to move there. This is so unbelievably frustrating. I never thought it would take this long. When I see people getting their COPR in 7 months or less, I feel so isolated in this process. Well ... just had to vent. :(
We're in a similar position although the Canadian sponsor is living in Canada. I'm the American spouse now here in Ontario as a visitor. We applied January 30, 2017, submitted medical and US+UK police certificates up-front, and we're still somehow waiting for the medical to be approved. We've called, we've written, we've had our MP call, everything is "in order" they say, but it seems clear to us that something is not right.

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
We're in a similar position although the Canadian sponsor is living in Canada. I'm the American spouse now here in Ontario as a visitor. We applied January 30, 2017, submitted medical and US+UK police certificates up-front, and we're still somehow waiting for the medical to be approved. We've called, we've written, we've had our MP call, everything is "in order" they say, but it seems clear to us that something is not right.
I have a feeling this is going to happen to my app

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
9 month mark for me and background check is still not started. I feel like this is not normal?

marlowe

Apr 29, 2016
Hello! We finally got through to someone who made it their business to take care of us, and my husband (U.S. citizen PR applicant) received his CoPR documents by courier on December 22nd! I don't know if you are seeing "Decision Made" status on the website, but we were, and couldn't understand why we weren't hearing from them. These were the steps we took:

(1) while in Canada we phoned the automated status line and pressed '0' to speak to an operator - we were both in the room so the operator was able to speak to each of us - we had the phone on 'speaker' mode. I made sure I got her name and agent number. She was able to see that the decision had been made in June, as I determined from the website, and that Ottawa case processing centre had emailed us 3 times since then. We were able to tell her we never received those emails which is why we were calling. She assured us she would make sure that my husband's email was correct and we went over it at least 3 times as he has a tricky surname. She said she would also request that we be sent the confirmation by mail, and to give it two weeks. She was very nice, spent a half hour on the phone with us, and we were elated and hopeful. Two weeks later, nothing. So, on to ...

(2) The phone agent advised me that I should not have been using the IRCC Web form as the website repeatedly tells you to do. Every time I used the web form I got the standard reply that everything is "in order" and we can rest assured, etc. Ha! Wrong! The phone agent told us that we must email our specific Case Processing Agent in Ottawa. So go back to the last official email request that you got from them - perhaps it's the one that originally said you needed furtherance medical or something. If you never received a communication from your official Case Processing Center (not Mississauga which approves the sponsor), then I'm not sure what to do, how to find your officer. You need to find your specific case processing centre. If you can, though, you are now dealing with the actual office, not some random email black hole. I emailed the Case Processing Office explaining how we had spoken to the phone agent while in Toronto, and they actually started to respond to us. You could tell now that it was a real person writing real words instead of a robot. Within days they sent a request for an electronic scan of my husband's passport page, and a week later sent a request for 3 items: completed Annex A confirmation of address form, photocopy of passport page, and 2 photos, all to be sent by courier with prepaid courier return envelope. We got that out the morning we received their request. Within 1 week we then received the CoPR via our prepaid courier envelope, which may have been due to ...

(3) Begging. On December 21st I wrote again to say we hadn't heard from them, had followed their instructions to the letter, and it would be such a wonderful Christmas present to us if they could at least just write a quick note to let us know they had sent the CoPR. The agent responded by email within the hour!! to tell us it had been sent out. Perhaps they felt sorry for us. Perhaps they realized it had been their mistake all along and someone had initially mistyped my husband's email address. We don't know and will never know because "sorry" isn't in their official vocabulary list. :)

It doesn't matter. We forgive. Onward ever onward. Our grandchildren are waiting for us in Toronto and we move on January 31. Make sure that your passport is not about to expire - renew it, or they won't do it! You can apply for passport renewal once you're at the 6-months-to-expiry date. My husband has a theory that this requirement might also have held up our application along with the mistyped email address, as his passport was set to expire on December 19. Complicated, and we'll never know.

Good luck to you!! I hope this helps.

Reactions: us2017 and MizKat

ambun27

May 29, 2017
Hi everyone
Aug 1 applicant here - just received my PPReq and am trying to send my passport photocopy but am having trouble finding the right courier. I need to send the passport photocopy, photos, annex A doc, and a prepaid envelope for them to send back my PR card to the US. went to fedex today and they said they couldn't create a prepaid envelope originating in Canada to be sent back to me in the US. What company/courier have others used?
Thanks!

Reactions: actionjack

atoc

Dec 13, 2017
Why is it that only June-sept apps are getting approved? I have friends who have waited since January and feb who are not approved yet. I waited over 11 months. Why is cic favouring people from June-sept when they have left people who applied a year ago behind?

This seems like BS to me.