17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
dbentley1313 said:
In case anyone was wondering, once you actually "land" you have to wait about 8-10 weeks to receive your actual PR card in the mail. You are still allowed to travel with your COPR so it's not really a big deal having to wait to get the hard card. I received mine last Thursday and that made it almost 8 weeks to the day of my landing. You don't get any notification, you just have to check your mail. (kinda like the COPR)

It feels good to finally have it after almost a year from applying! Hang in there everyone! I know the waiting is hard, but you'll get there! ;D
Glad to hear you're home! Can you work in those first 8 to 10 weeks? It might be a problem if we don't have the income during that time.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Pollen said:
Glad to hear you're home! Can you work in those first 8 to 10 weeks? It might be a problem if we don't have the income during that time.
Once you land, go to service Canada and get a SIN card, i believe you have to show your COPR and passport for ID verification to obtain the SIN card so you are able to work as a prospective employer will ask for the SIN card and proof of status in Canada which you can provide the COPR as evidence until you receive the actual PR card.

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
jamsham12 said:
Once you land, go to service Canada and get a SIN card,
No card anymore, just a printout with the number.

and proof of status in Canada which you can provide the COPR as evidence until you receive the actual PR card.
An employer may or may not ask for proof of status in Canada. Your new SIN will begin with a number other than '9', which marks it as a permanent number available only to citizens and PRs. If the employer does request proof of status, the signed COPR is indeed that proof.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Majromax said:
No card anymore, just a printout with the number.

An employer may or may not ask for proof of status in Canada. Your new SIN will begin with a number other than '9', which marks it as a permanent number available only to citizens and PRs. If the employer does request proof of status, the signed COPR is indeed that proof.
Lol, every Canadian employer i have worked under when I was in Canada in 2013 had requested my proof of status and most job applications state you have to prove your work status in Canada, I'm not sure that would change 2 years later.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
jamsham12 said:
Lol, every Canadian employer i have worked under when I was in Canada in 2013 had requested my proof of status and most job applications state you have to prove your work status in Canada, I'm not sure that would change 2 years later.
Does this mean they require the actual PR card or is the SIN and COPR enought?

In BC at least, they won't give you a picture license until you receive the PR card. He spent 3 hours in the services office just to come out with a piece of paper interim license. Still waiting for PR card since receiving the stamp request (they said the date on his landing was wrong, I assume they have a different copy of his COPR because the date on his copy was correct).

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Aquakitty said:
Does this mean they require the actual PR card or is the SIN and COPR enought?

In BC at least, they won't give you a picture license until you receive the PR card. He spent 3 hours in the services office just to come out with a piece of paper interim license. Still waiting for PR card since receiving the stamp request (they said the date on his landing was wrong, I assume they have a different copy of his COPR because the date on his copy was correct).
I would believe the SIN and COPR is sufficient evidence if the P.R card isnt there. When i was in Alberta on a work permit they requested my U.S Passport, Work Permit and actual Sin Card to get either a drivers license and a job.

DanOCan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2015
Doc's Request.
23-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-05-2015
File Transfer...
18-06-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-01-2016
Got my first look at our GCMS notes today. Not much to report of interest...

- Sponsorship approved (we knew that already)
- Medical passed (We expected that. Looks like the assessment was done June 12 and it is valid until June 10, 2016)
- Eligibility, Security, and Criminality assessments are all Not Started (disappointing)
- They changed my wife's name to her maiden name before changing it back to her married name two minutes later
- All fees were received and marked as Paid

Other interesting things:
Eligibility Assessment has a due date of June 8, 2016 (they apparently give themselves a year)
Criminality and Security Assessments have a due date of June 9, 2015 (well, they sure missed those targets!)

So, not much has happened. Sure hope it's working its way to the top of the pile in the next month or so. My wife is coming to visit at the end of the month and it sure would be nice to get an answer while she is here.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
DanOCan said:
- They changed my wife's name to her maiden name before changing it back to her married name two minutes later
Lol, wow.... Really busy over there, they are! -.-

MrsHBKelly

Apr 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow US Outland Applicants!

I - like many of you - have recently gone into the IP phase. My application was submitted March 19th, 2015. Husband was approved at my sponsor in May.

I came to Canada for a 6 month visitor stay on May 24th. My 6th months will be up the end of November.

Here's my question, and i knooooow this topic gets very very heated sometimes (I've seen women torn apart on other threads, so I just want to preface this by saying I am really nervous about the situation and agree it is not ideal, but it is what it is and we are thrilled we have been blessed, even if the timing is not great)

I got pregnant in June, we found out in July. I am in Alberta so we immediately added me to my husbands AHS coverage, we also applied for an extension to my visitor status. I want to stay with my husband for the remainder of this pregnancy.

We have yet to hear back about whether or not I will be permitted to remain in Canada with my husband past November. I know that if they fail to give me a decision before my current stamp expires I will be allowed to remain until a decision is officially given to me. And of course we are in process for my PR so hopefully we will get DM sooner rather than later... What would be a reason for refusing an extension? Does anyone know? Also, what is the worst case scenario if my visitor status is not extended? I will be into my 3rd trimester and my doctor does not want me to fly back to Boston from Calgary at that stage in the pregnancy. If I stayed, what would that do to my application? Would there be a way to appeal?

Also, when we went into process and received the form letter they sent asking for proof of my husbands continued residence in Canada, it also asked about any changes in our status including a pregnancy. We sent a copy of an ultrasound and blood work results from the doctor. Does anyone know of anyone else in a similar scenario? We never offered that information because our lawyer advised us to only volunteer information about the baby once we have a birth certificate. Obviously now they know I am pregnant because they specifically asked. Why is that something they would ask in the first place? IS it at all possible they will speed us our DM now that they know?

Im just so nervous i'll have to go back to Boston. I mean its not the worst, I have friends and family there and a job to go back to, but this is our first child and my husband just wants to be a part of every itty bitty milestone. It's breaking my heart I might get sent away. I don't know anyone else who has been through this, so any insight is sooooo appreciated.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
MrsHBKelly said:
Here's my question, and i knooooow this topic gets very very heated sometimes (I've seen women torn apart on other threads, so I just want to preface this by saying I am really nervous about the situation and agree it is not ideal, but it is what it is and we are thrilled we have been blessed, even if the timing is not great)
Why is this a heated topic? It seems like a pretty standard question to me. Sorry that I don't have much insight to give you an answer. I think you will be fine (your extension will be granted) but I'll leave up to more experienced folks to answer.

MrsHBKelly

Apr 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
Why is this a heated topic? It seems like a pretty standard question to me. Sorry that I don't have much insight to give you an answer. I think you will be fine (your extension will be granted) but I'll leave up to more experienced folks to answer.
I saw on the March 2015 Outland thread a woman was torn apart for being "irresponsible" for not waiting until she had PR. And believe me... it doesn't feel like we are being responsible right now while we're playing the waiting game, but we own a home, have a steady income, love the heck out of each other... and I'm 31 and my husband is going to be 36. We didn't plan this for right now, but I almost feel like if we didn't get pregnant now we might never have the family we want down the line because who knows how old i'll be by the time i get PR or whatever else needs to fall into place for the "perfect" situation.

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
MrsHBKelly said:
Hello fellow US Outland Applicants!

I - like many of you - have recently gone into the IP phase. My application was submitted March 19th, 2015. Husband was approved at my sponsor in May.

I came to Canada for a 6 month visitor stay on May 24th. My 6th months will be up the end of November.

First of all, congratulations! I am thinking they should not have a problem extending your stay. Just make sure you are truthful. I have first hand experience that as long as you are being truthful to them, there should be no problems at all. My question to you now is, you have been added to your husband's account for medical insurance even if you are not a permanent resident? Is this possible? Can anybody clarify please?

I got pregnant in June, we found out in July. I am in Alberta so we immediately added me to my husbands AHS coverage, we also applied for an extension to my visitor status. I want to stay with my husband for the remainder of this pregnancy.

We have yet to hear back about whether or not I will be permitted to remain in Canada with my husband past November. I know that if they fail to give me a decision before my current stamp expires I will be allowed to remain until a decision is officially given to me. And of course we are in process for my PR so hopefully we will get DM sooner rather than later... What would be a reason for refusing an extension? Does anyone know? Also, what is the worst case scenario if my visitor status is not extended? I will be into my 3rd trimester and my doctor does not want me to fly back to Boston from Calgary at that stage in the pregnancy. If I stayed, what would that do to my application? Would there be a way to appeal?

Also, when we went into process and received the form letter they sent asking for proof of my husbands continued residence in Canada, it also asked about any changes in our status including a pregnancy. We sent a copy of an ultrasound and blood work results from the doctor. Does anyone know of anyone else in a similar scenario? We never offered that information because our lawyer advised us to only volunteer information about the baby once we have a birth certificate. Obviously now they know I am pregnant because they specifically asked. Why is that something they would ask in the first place? IS it at all possible they will speed us our DM now that they know?

Im just so nervous i'll have to go back to Boston. I mean its not the worst, I have friends and family there and a job to go back to, but this is our first child and my husband just wants to be a part of every itty bitty milestone. It's breaking my heart I might get sent away. I don't know anyone else who has been through this, so any insight is sooooo appreciated.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Hello again, I have a minor question.

I'm starting to print out pictures, text screenshot, and text logs of our application and gather other forms of evidence, such as receipts, for our application. When it comes to receipts of when we have eaten together, hotel stays, etc, do I have to send the original receipts or can I scan them onto a document and send printed copies? I imagine small, lightweight receipts would be harder for them to physically handle and easier to lose.

Does it matter if the printed text screenshots are in color or black and white?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Hello again, I have a minor question.

I'm starting to print out pictures, text screenshot, and text logs of our application and gather other forms of evidence, such as receipts, for our application. When it comes to receipts of when we have eaten together, hotel stays, etc, do I have to send the original receipts or can I scan them onto a document and send printed copies? I imagine small, lightweight receipts would be harder for them to physically handle and easier to lose.

Does it matter if the printed text screenshots are in color or black and white?
Copies are ok as are black and white. If originals of anything are required it will be stated on the checklist. Things like the Option C printout and the employer letter must be originals.