In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
ashleyac said:
I'm having the exact same experience right now- mine was updated this evening, but the contents themselves haven't changed. I'm a little worried (re:very) because they only received my entire application June 29th... I'm afraid a decision was made so quickly because it was refused rather than approved. That said, we had all of our documents in at the initial application (and had hired lawyers). I wonder if 3 months is abnormally fast for a DM?? I just wish they would tell you right there if it has been approved or not :eek:
Holy hell a DM and you applied June 29th? I'm a June 1st applicant and my status changed to IP on August 6th...Wow getting a DM this quickly would be insane. If that's the case for you, congrats! When did you go in IP?

Hnamson1

Nov 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31/03/2015
Doc's Request.
17/09/2015
AOR Received.
In Process 22/09/2015
Med's Done....
19/01/2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015 DM/ 23/11/2015 COPR
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
I am IN-Process :D yay!! Does anyone know the current averages from IP-DM? I have heard up to 60 days. We just sent the requested docs and they received them on Friday. Fingers crossed!! This has been 13 years in waiting for me:)

ashleyac

Sep 16, 2015
CamL-W said:
Holy hell a DM and you applied June 29th? I'm a June 1st applicant and my status changed to IP on August 6th...Wow getting a DM this quickly would be insane. If that's the case for you, congrats! When did you go in IP?
I'm not sure when it became in process on the CIC website, sorry! I do have the following dates though and that will likely provide the same info.

Complete application received: June 29th, 2015
Started processing sponsor application: July 31st
Started processing principal applicant: August 27th
AOR: August 1st
SA: September 10th
DM: September 26th (Although we are entirely unsure of what the decision is yet, as we are waiting for the letter)

Best of luck to you guys as well and thank you!

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
30-July-2015 (Proof of sponsor's Canadian residence)
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
IP: August 6. DM: Sept 26
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
ashleyac said:
I'm not sure when it became in process on the CIC website, sorry! I do have the following dates though and that will likely provide the same info.

Complete application received: June 29th, 2015
Started processing sponsor application: July 31st
Started processing principal applicant: August 27th
AOR: August 1st
SA: September 10th
DM: September 26th (Although we are entirely unsure of what the decision is yet, as we are waiting for the letter)

Best of luck to you guys as well and thank you!
Congrats!!! If you didn't get any requests for more proof, then you can assume it's an approval DM. They don't reject out of the blue without giving you an opportunity to provide more documents first.

ashleyac

Sep 16, 2015
Chellycat, I know we don't know each other or anything, but your last message there is what's going to allow me to get some sleep tonight!!! Congrats to you as well on your DM. Here's to things moving just as quickly for everyone else :)

Does anybody know if they do the DM message in the same way that they do AOR and SA (email, I mean) or if it is always mailed in person?

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
ashleyac said:
Chellycat, I know we don't know each other or anything, but your last message there is what's going to allow me to get some sleep tonight!!! Congrats to you as well on your DM. Here's to things moving just as quickly for everyone else :)

Does anybody know if they do the DM message in the same way that they do AOR and SA (email, I mean) or if it is always mailed in person?
Aww good to hear :p I am pretty sure they snail mail it now, since you need the official documents to land as a PR. So now we get to anxiously wait for it to show up at home.

ashleyac

Sep 16, 2015
ChellyCat said:
Aww good to hear :p I am pretty sure they snail mail it now, since you need the official documents to land as a PR. So now we get to anxiously wait for it to show up at home.
Last question: Do you know if it will be mailed to the mailing address? We have our lawyer's office listed as the mailing address, and I would hope it goes there.. our home address isn't 100% correct as listed on the ecas (its missing 2 digits for whatever reason). I've read sometimes that they mail to the home address regardless of the mailing address that's listed.

ChellyCat

Jan 8, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Feb-2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
06-April-2015
Med's Done....
27-April-2015
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
25-Sept-2015
LANDED..........
05-Oct-2015
ashleyac said:
Last question: Do you know if it will be mailed to the mailing address? We have our lawyer's office listed as the mailing address, and I would hope it goes there.. our home address isn't 100% correct as listed on the ecas (its missing 2 digits for whatever reason). I've read sometimes that they mail to the home address regardless of the mailing address that's listed.
Hmm that I am not too sure of. I think they SHOULD use the address you put, but I would get that address fixed ASAP just in case.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ashleyac said:
I'm having the exact same experience right now- mine was updated this evening, but the contents themselves haven't changed. I'm a little worried (re:very) because they only received my entire application June 29th... I'm afraid a decision was made so quickly because it was refused rather than approved. That said, we had all of our documents in at the initial application (and had hired lawyers). I wonder if 3 months is abnormally fast for a DM?? I just wish they would tell you right there if it has been approved or not :eek:

Hey my husband got approved in 3 months 21 days, so don't freak out. That was the date one the COPR letter, so he would have gone into DM even faster (we never checked). They'd have sent you a letter requesting info and not just outright deny you I suspect.

Honestly I don't know where they mail the COPR in case of using a representative. I assume to the applicant though, so log into ECAS and change that info. I'd phone the helpline and ask if they can change it too.

Looks like you picked a good lawyer and it paid off! Congrats.

Moving to QC

Jun 23, 2015
So I have a few questions after reading through a lot of the material...

1. How far in advance can you get the medical clearance done before submitting your application for PR through spousal sponsorship?
2. How far in advance can you get the FBI check completed before submitting?
3. I am getting married on 10-24 but remaining in the states to work while the application is being processed. When crossing the border, should i be concerned with what I tell border patrol? I do not want to be turned away when I go to visit my fiance/husband after 10/24. Any advice?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Moving to QC said:
So I have a few questions after reading through a lot of the material...

1. How far in advance can you get the medical clearance done before submitting your application for PR through spousal sponsorship?
2. How far in advance can you get the FBI check completed before submitting?
3. I am getting married on 10-24 but remaining in the states to work while the application is being processed. When crossing the border, should i be concerned with what I tell border patrol? I do not want to be turned away when I go to visit my fiance/husband after 10/24. Any advice?
Hi Moving to QC,

To answer your questions,

1) Your medical can be done any time before submitting your application, however, it is only good for one year. So, if you get it done in October, and submit in November, then it'll expire the following October. The CIC can override the expiration as they see fit.

The medical date also determines how long you'll have to enter Canada once you've received the paperwork to land in Canada.

e.g. If you get medicals done in October, submit November, and then receive all the paperwork/completed the process in June next year, you'll have up until October to land in Canada to validate/activate your PR.

Medicals can be sent after you've submitted your application, but it could potentially lead to a delay in how long it takes to process your application.

2) Your Police Certificate is good for 6 months from the date issued on the official paperwork/background check. As long as it is in the CIC's hands within the 6 months, it should be accepted. (It used to be 3 months, which I think they realized was problematic. The CIC expanded the time in May this year.) Last I looked, FBI background checks are taking 12-16 weeks in the US, so keep that in mind when you're assembling things. The background check can be submitted after you've sent off your application, but there's always a chance that it delays the process.

3) The Customs Agents/Border Security will know you have an application in once you receive AOR, so honesty is the best policy. I'd simply say, "I'm here to visit my husband. We just got married, but I'm waiting on my application to be approved for PR. I'm working in the US until then, but I'm lucky enough to be able to travel and see him, etc."

Mentioning that you have a job to return to in the US and that you know what the rules are won't do anything to jeopardize your application should be more than enough. I think they appreciate the honesty more than anything! Having a return flight home is also something that will assuage any doubts. Being a US citizen works to our advantage; it's highly unlikely we're attempting to remain in Canada illegally when we come from a comparable country.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, ask away. ;D

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
PS-Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. ;)

Moving to QC

Jun 23, 2015
Thank you so much for the information. And the well wishes.

I am also trying to not use a lawyer for the process because I would like to save that money.
I just want to know if I am taking too big a risk doing it without third part help.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Moving to QC said:
Thank you so much for the information. And the well wishes.

I am also trying to not use a lawyer for the process because I would like to save that money.
I just want to know if I am taking too big a risk doing it without third part help.
Unless you have a really complex case, I wouldn't spend money on a lawyer. There are so many people here who are willing to help and have knowledge about everything. The vast majority of people who apply do it themselves . Feel free to message me personally on here if you ever need help; otherwise posting on the forums is sure to get you an answer, too!

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Hnamson1 said:
I am IN-Process :D yay!! Does anyone know the current averages from IP-DM? I have heard up to 60 days. We just sent the requested docs and they received them on Friday. Fingers crossed!! This has been 13 years in waiting for me:)

There has been alot of speculations that you get the dm within 2 months of being in process! Congratulations!!!!:)