May 16, 2022
HI, I'm seeing status as below, does it means I need to schedule interview,

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Application Received
Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created:30-Aug-2022
Case Last Updated:30-Aug-2022

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Toronto.
No that is how it shows. Be patient as it is being processed by the consulate and wait for further updates.

spras212

Aug 22, 2022
No that is how it shows. Be patient as it is being processed by the consulate and wait for further updates.
Thanks @devregati I'm concerned on below point, as few got called for interview after they send for dropbox...Is below appears for everyone?

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days."

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Thanks @devregati I'm concerned on below point, as few got called for interview after they send for dropbox...Is below appears for everyone?

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days."
Yes thats how it shows for dropbox too.

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Hello everyone, I applied for B1/B2 visa renewal at the US consulate in Toronto. Got an interview waiver and dropped by documents with passports. 2 days back, the status showed " refused," and I got an email titled" U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice". Today I collected my passport from Canada post, i was hoping to see a 221g. Unfortunately, there was no letter of explanation; it was just my passport and DS-160 confirmation page(the rest of the documents and photos are not included in the package). Is this normal? Anyone with a similar situation. Thanks for any comments

Last edited:

sheldon2309

Apr 5, 2022
My H1B Dropbox experience with Toronto Consulate.
Canadian PR, First time H1B stamping

- Application sent August 29th
- Application received Sep 1st
- Approved - Sep 1st
- Issued - Sep 6th
- Tracking no. activated - Sep 7th
- Passport received - Sep 8th

Docs sent -

1. DS-160 confirmation page
2. mail-in instructions
3. Courier Label page 2
4. i797 Notice of Action copy
5. LCA copy
6. 1 photo with given specification
7. Old and new passport
8. PR card copy
9. DL copy
10. Offer letter from Employer

Good luck!

prav12

Dec 19, 2018
hi,

are the visa appointment wait time mentioned in https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html accurate?
I am location agnostic within Canada, but I suspect the information in the above link is out dated or not accurate. Is anyone able to say what are the latest waiting times for different US consulates in Canada? Ideally I want an appointment within 2022.

I am starting to fill DS-160. I wonder if the location you select at the start can be changed after you make appointment.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
hi,

are the visa appointment wait time mentioned in https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/wait-times.html accurate?
I am location agnostic within Canada, but I suspect the information in the above link is out dated or not accurate. Is anyone able to say what are the latest waiting times for different US consulates in Canada? Ideally I want an appointment within 2022.

I am starting to fill DS-160. I wonder if the location you select at the start can be changed after you make appointment.
Yes, you would be able to see actual timelines only once you the pay the fee and get in. The numbers on the site are very random.

yes, you can change the location at the end of completion of DS-160, just make sure you keep your ds-160 active by opening it every 30days. I have also read that someone in this group have filled up a new DS-160(as he had some changes) and that was considered as well.

Reactions: prav12

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
hi,

Hi Its only accurate when you pay the fees and submit your application , i was waived then changed to in person interview because of the 221g administrative processing renew B1/B2 visa , got an appointment in Sep. 2023 but kept on trying and got tru last month , that time visitor visa days was over 441 calendar days now seeing its 44 days , so it should be accurate . The interview went great just to verify my status in Canada, about my family and work.
already sent back my PP for visa stamping.

Reactions: prav12

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
Hi All,

I have Submitted DS-160 for my spouse and kid today for their B1/B2 visa. The earliest appointment I could schedule is for 31st October 2023. Please suggest if it is going to be the final appointment date or I will get opportunity to reschedule it to a prior date in next few weeks/months.

Thanks in advance!

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi All,

I have Submitted DS-160 for my spouse and kid today for their B1/B2 visa. The earliest appointment I could schedule is for 31st October 2023. Please suggest if it is going to be the final appointment date or I will get opportunity to reschedule it to a prior date in next few weeks/months.

Thanks in advance!
You can reschedule when you sign in , Home then continue option, keep on trying i got my interview last month.

leolavi999

Dec 3, 2018
You can reschedule when you sign in , Home then continue option, keep on trying i got my interview last month.
Thanks, I did click reschedule, however still the latest option I am getting is of 31st Oct 2023.....do I need to login at odd hours regularly and check if new slots have opened?

Regards,