+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hey everyone! Just wanted to provide an update for anyone who applied in early May:

Application sent: May 4th
Application received: May 9th
Administrative processing: June 24th
Issued: June 28th

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the update. Hopefully they'll speed up, they are closed on Friday & Monday. Sigh!

Reactions: Lilu1234

longclawatwinterfell

Jan 10, 2018
Any tips for scheduling an interview? I paid the MRV over 1 year ago and still can not find any interview slots in Toronto. They do not give any refunds as well :(

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Any tips for scheduling an interview? I paid the MRV over 1 year ago and still can not find any interview slots in Toronto. They do not give any refunds as well :(
Do you have a slot for now? If not, first book a slot and then keep checking regularly if any closer dates open by. You can reschedule multiple times as per few folks. I have myself done 5times. Not sure if it can go beyond that.

longclawatwinterfell

Jan 10, 2018
Do you have a slot for now? If not, first book a slot and then keep checking regularly if any closer dates open by. You can reschedule multiple times as per few folks. I have myself done 5times. Not sure if it can go beyond that.
Thanks for the tip - I do not have a slot - earliest one available is Sept 2023. I will take your suggestion and block one date and then try rescheduling

Lilu1234

Jun 10, 2022
Hey everyone! Just wanted to provide an update for :

Hope this helps!
Hey everyone, here is my updated timeline:

Passport Pickup notice: June 29th
Passport delivered: June 30th

good luck! Hope the wait isn’t too long moving forward.

messyzzzz

Jun 24, 2022
If you don't mind can you share info for qs below

B1/B2 visa?
Did they request additional info/docs?
when was your interview?
location of your interview?

I'm in the same situation, my interview was on February 28th. The officer returned my passport but didn't tell me that the visa was refused. instead she said we need more information and you will receive an email from us please reply with the requested information and if your visa is approved you will receive an email from us requesting your passport.

Once I left the consulate I received an email from them requesting to complete a from called DS5535, its a form where you have to fill out your travel history, employment history, address for the last 15 years and siblings names. I sent back the requested info same day but I haven't heard anything until now.
Have you heard anything back? I also issued the DS5535 in June.

prasad2s

Jul 6, 2022
I tried emailing them, but they can only change DS160 and visa type. They can't change answer to YES in the scheduling portal.

without taking any further risk, I'll cancel current one, make changes and book new appt
Hey @Takita Been following this thread and i have a related question: I booked an in person appointment for US visa stamping in Vancouver. I had to create a new DS160 as my old one expired and the online profile wouldn’t let me update it to a new DS160. My appointment is a few weeks away, is there a someone I can contact to update the DS160 number online in the portal? Or if it's even possible to do so without dropping the appointment?

Thank you.

Takita

May 12, 2021
Hey @Takita Been following this thread and i have a related question: I booked an in person appointment for US visa stamping in Vancouver. I had to create a new DS160 as my old one expired and the online profile wouldn’t let me update it to a new DS160. My appointment is a few weeks away, is there a someone I can contact to update the DS160 number online in the portal? Or if it's even possible to do so without dropping the appointment?

Thank you.
There should be a email address somewhere posted in this thread. Send them email to change DS-160 with your name/dob/ds160 old & new. It should take couple days to get a response and update on your profile without cancelling original appointment.

Reactions: prasad2s

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Here's my timeline for Toronto .H1 + H4

Docs Delivered - June 1st
Application Received - June 15
Ghost Update - June 19
Administrative Processing - June 30
Issued - July 5
Shipped - July 6
Picked up from Post Office - July 7

nigar18

Oct 7, 2019
Anyone had recent experience for in person consulate interview for H1B visa stamping at US Consulate in Ottawa? what documentation did they ask besides I 797? And how long it took to get the passport back?

Ritu Sudhera

Sep 12, 2019
I had my us b1/b2 interview on 6 April 22 with Vancouver consulate. They approved it and kept my passport. Then after 2 days I received DS5355 form asking usual questions. I responded same day. Since then no updates from them. On inquiring on 22 June they said its still under AP.
Anyone having similiar experience please share your timeline?

Northern_Unicorn

Aug 6, 2021
Hi All, Sharing my timeline for B1/B2:

DS-160 submitted: April 03, 2022
Scheduled interview at Calgary. Rescheduled multiple times to get an earlier interview date.
Submitted new DS-160 a week before interview and sent an email informing the same to Consulate.
Interview: July 13, 2022 (Toronto)
Passport shipped: July 15, 2022
Passport Delivered: July 18, 2022

zahaby90

Jul 22, 2022
Hi,
I did my interview for the non immigrant us visa at Toronto office last week and it was approved during the interview.
Now, when I check the status online, it said Administrative Processing.

Is this normal?
Thanks,