+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,
I did my interview for the non immigrant us visa at Toronto office last week and it was approved during the interview.
Now, when I check the status online, it said Administrative Processing.

Is this normal?
Thanks,
Yes, its normal. it would change to "Issued" within couple of days.

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I received an email today requesting my passport for visa issuance but I now have a new passport since my application took a long time and I had to renew my passport while my visa application was in process. Is it ok to send the new passport or does it have to be the same passport in the visa application?

harshapsrk7

Oct 28, 2021
Hi,

I have sent my application to US consulate Toronto to obtain L1B visa stamping (Canadian PR & B1/B2 visa so received interview wavier)
Mail sent to consulate: June 29th, 2022
Mail received by the consulate: June 30th, 2022
Case status changed to "Application Received": July 21st, 2022
Case status changed to "Administrative Processing": July 24st, 2022 ( Sunday)

I am waiting so eagerly since then, how long do anyone think the next status change can happen? Can anyone who has gone through this mail in process think this is a normal getting "Administrative Processing"?

Askhar131

Star Member
Dec 20, 2020
Here is my B1/B2 visa timeline

Submitted DS-160 on 1st Jan 2022 and rescheduled multiple times to get an interview at the Toronto consulate for July 21st 2022
Submitted a new DS-160 a week before interview.
Interview date: july 21st 2022
Administrative processing: July 22nd
Issued: July 26th
Passport Pickup notice: July 27th
Passport delivered: July 28th

Ritu Sudhera

Sep 12, 2019
I received an email today requesting my passport for visa issuance but I now have a new passport since my application took a long time and I had to renew my passport while my visa application was in process. Is it ok to send the new passport or does it have to be the same passport in the visa application?
Hi Benali,
If you could please let me know that whether there was any regular updates on your application while stuck in administrative processing as I am also experiencing the same thing but haven't got any single update on my application since 7 April 22.
or any suggestions regarding contacting them or anything else.

Panther2014

Apr 12, 2022
Anyone know what is the current processing timeline at Toronto consulate ? Dropped docs on Aug 4th and no update yet. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2019
Hi Guys, my visa (B1/B2) has been refused even though I am a Canadian PR and I got it before. They asked me to schedule an appointment at the Toronto consulate. However, I was shocked when I realized that there are no appointments available until October 2023, is this normal, or what is going on? Can anyone advise what to do?

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Hi,
Does anybody here experience applying for B1 B2 visa in Canada for their parents who are holding visit visa or super visa?
How is your experience?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi Guys, my visa (B1/B2) has been refused even though I am a Canadian PR and I got it before. They asked me to schedule an appointment at the Toronto consulate. However, I was shocked when I realized that there are no appointments available until October 2023, is this normal, or what is going on? Can anyone advise what to do?
Did you get to know the reason why was it refused even though you had it before? Did you send your documents for dropbox request?

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi, i'm also a PR in Canada, it's not refused my application at the Toronto consulate was interview waived then change to "Administrative Processing" back in June 2022 , on the visa status check change to "refused" my valid passport and expired one with the soon to expired 10 year visa was stamped "cancel without prejudice" , i got a call from the consulate, very friendly lady stated that she wants to see me in person and its a background check is in process for administrative process and take maximum 60 days and keep on checking appointments for early times in 2022, i did and got one for this month , soon

spras212

Aug 22, 2022
Here's my timeline for Toronto .H1 + H4

Docs Delivered - June 1st
Application Received - June 15
Ghost Update - June 19
Administrative Processing - June 30
Issued - July 5
Shipped - July 6
Picked up from Post Office - July 7
Hi, We are about to submit H1 + H4 visa stamping thru dropbox at Toronto consulate. I'm on visitor permit and my spouse is on WP and child on study permit, so wondering whether myself and child eligible for dropbox ? Are you and dependents on PR or any other visa in canada

cara269

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi I have a question. I am a PR in Canada and a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. My B1/B2 us visa expires in Dec 2021 and I applied online for a renewal and was given directions to mail in my documents and passport. This went to the Ottawa Consular Section.

How long until they process my application and mail back to me?
Same i'm a PR in Canada ,Trinidad and Tobago citizen ,i sent in my pp and documents by mail at first took close to a month ,then changed to in person interview , Just recently did my interview at the Toronto consulate , kept on searching for an early interview date and was successful, showed up on time , no phones or smart watches allowed , gave them my valid Trinidad PP, my PR card and DS160 completed form . The visa officer just asked me ,how long i lived in Canada ,what job i do and position i hold , do i have any family in Canada and where do you visit / stay in the states . Only question was the family part i told her no family but i live with my fiancee ,in my mind family means blood relative ,mom ,dad,son ,daughter got tied up with family and spouse ,she said "its ok" last thing i wanted to do is mixed up answers , she gave me back my passport ,then she said everything is ok no more action is required on my part but my application is still under 221g "Administrative Processing" and when its completed look out for an email to send in your passport back to us , that was it.

My application is under security background clearance ,no crime and i never over stayed in the states , so i'm looking out for the email.
So guessing the in person interview is to verify your status in Canada they did swipe my PR card.

spras212

Aug 22, 2022
HI, I'm seeing status as below, does it means I need to schedule interview,

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Application Received
Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created:30-Aug-2022
Case Last Updated:30-Aug-2022

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Consulate General Toronto.