+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US citizen Travelling to US and back while PR renewal in process

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am a PR and my wife is a US citizen with Canadian PR. My wife needs to travel to US in March 2019 but we just realised that her PR had expired in July 2018. I am submitting her renewal application but I am not sure if it will need renewed before her travel date to US. She satisfies the PR obligations. It's just that her PR might not renew before March.

Now my question is that if it's OK for her to travel to US and then return back in April even if the PR card has not yet renewed? US citizens can come to Canada but I wanted to know if there could be any issue with her coming back to Canada?

Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am a PR and my wife is a US citizen with Canadian PR. My wife needs to travel to US in March 2019 but we just realised that her PR had expired in July 2018. I am submitting her renewal application but I am not sure if it will need renewed before her travel date to US. She satisfies the PR obligations. It's just that her PR might not renew before March.

Now my question is that if it's OK for her to travel to US and then return back in April even if the PR card has not yet renewed? US citizens can come to Canada but I wanted to know if there could be any issue with her coming back to Canada?

Thanks.
Hi

As an American, she can travel to Canada on just the strength of her passport. She should not mention her PR status to the airline.