+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT : when they return my doughter US passport

CA-FA

Aug 13, 2019
Hello all
please I enter Canada cross US , and I apply for refugee claim for me, wife and daughter
my daughter is United state citizen .
I going to hearing last month and they accept me and wife
my daughter denied because she is American citizen and cant ask as protected person ,
my question now , I wanna apply for refugee travel document , what about my daughter passport ?
how can I get it ? or what is the process
please help , I have to travel soon !

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Since she's a US citizen, have you considered simply applying for and getting her a new passport from the US Embassy?

CA-FA

Aug 13, 2019
Since she's a US citizen, have you considered simply applying for and getting her a new passport from the US Embassy?
Thank you for your help
But what about her valid passport ? for sure there is a way to get the passport .

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you for your help
But what about her valid passport ? for sure there is a way to get the passport .
You should try contacting the CBSA, as they are the ones who hold onto the passports. From what I've been reading, it seems like a long and tedious process. If you need to leave urgently, I would suggest applying for a new passport at your nearest US consulate/embassy. You should also check with IRCC the process bringing your daughter back to Canada as I'm not familiar with it.

Good luck!