+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Visa Office change request after PPR

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
I received my PPR 25th of August, I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca requesting to transfer my visa center closer to where I will be on the 29th of August but have not heard back yet. I will be on long vacation out of USA so need my passports to travel out of the country.

Am I being impatient or does it usually take long? I've heard people get answers the day after or within 2 business days. Also, is there a phone # I could call to inquire about this?

N

newtoexpressentry

I received my PPR 25th of August, I sent an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca requesting to transfer my visa center closer to where I will be on the 29th of August but have not heard back yet. I will be on long vacation out of USA so need my passports to travel out of the country.

Am I being impatient or does it usually take long? I've heard people get answers the day after or within 2 business days. Also, is there a phone # I could call to inquire about this?
5 to 10 days

Reactions: bkbk8

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Guys I just want to share my experience for local visa office change. Please refer to my earlier messages in this thread to know the background.

I got PPR for stamping in New Delhi on 1st September whereas I was in Sydney Australia. I requested through CSE (web form directed to NDVO) as well as wrote an email to Delhi.immigration@international.gc.ca requesting them to change my local visa office to Sydney Australia and allow me stamping from Sydney. I could not believe my eyes. Next day I received a message in MyCIC account and there was a new PPR request for stamping in Sydney. So NDVO took one day only to do this.

I submitted my passports on 7th September and now waiting to get them back. Thanks for your help guys.

Reactions: shaun999

PNPCanada05

Star Member
Apr 22, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
15-09-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Request
19-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Guys I just want to share my experience for local visa office change. Please refer to my earlier messages in this thread to know the background.

I got PPR for stamping in New Delhi on 1st September whereas I was in Sydney Australia. I requested through CSE (web form directed to NDVO) as well as wrote an email to Delhi.immigration@international.gc.ca requesting them to change my local visa office to Sydney Australia and allow me stamping from Sydney. I could not believe my eyes. Next day I received a message in MyCIC account and there was a new PPR request for stamping in Sydney. So NDVO took one day only to do this.

I submitted my passports on 7th September and now waiting to get them back. Thanks for your help guys.

Good to hear that. Did you mean you also requested through webform? Earlier you mentioned Delhi.immigration@international.gc.ca was not valid?

Thanks

Reactions: shaun999

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016

sanjshet88

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
india
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
hi... i have a small query. i have recieved my ita. i am waiting for pcc from fbi. i am staying in india currently. i am expecting my pcc from fbi in january. and if everything else works out fine i shud be recieving my ppr around 15-20 jan. i am a dentist and i have to give exam on 3rd feb in canada. i am planning to fly around 25th jan on visitor visa. now can i request to change the VO to canada after i recieve my prr and if so can i change after landing in canada.
also do i need to update my address after i land in canada? dont know how to proceed in such time constraining situation. kindly guide me as to what should i do and how shud i proceed?
also how many days we get to submit our passport and how long do they take to return it back if i cange VO to canada and submit my passport in canada only.
thank you.

Hi_444

Sep 16, 2017
On 5th May 2017, I received a letter from High Commission of Canada New Delhi Office, requesting to submit mine and all my dependents passports with in 30 days in order to finalize my Permanent Residence application.

Currently I am residing in Toronto, Can I submit only my Passport for stamping here at CPC-Ottawa office and I can ask my dependents to submit their passports for stamping at New Delhi, India office via VFS??

Any one faced this situation??
How did this get resolved?? Could u submit your passport in Toronto basis the same letter?

Dawn63

May 3, 2017
My husband received the PPR from the Ankara Visa office last week and this is where it says to submit the application

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Please submit your passport(s) and documents with a printed copy of this email to a Visa Application Centres (VAC). The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of your passport(s) and documents to the Embassy and back to the VAC once the visas have been issued.

Please visit the VAC website for additional information on how to submit your passport(s) and documents, hours of operation, addresses, services standard and any other information you may require.

Find a Visa Application Centre: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp (once you have found the most appropriate VAC, click the “VAC website” link for more details).

Submitting your document(s) in Canada

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:

· A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.

Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

My husband lives in the US and the VACS in the US are very confused and dont seem to handle PR applications. We have contacted both Ottawa and Ankara to see if he can just mail the PP to Ottawa and include a US mailing address and nobody has replied to us. We did not want to ask for an official VO change because his COPR expires in December and he needs to land before that!! If anybody has any idea what we should do please let us know. If he flies to Turkey, will they do it for him even though we emailed them saying he's living in the US??