+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing of Refugee Travel Document (RTD)

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what other applicants who submitted their applications recently have experienced.

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
I highly doubt it! Not possible to get it in 20 days, I’ve waited 5 months and still nothing, yet I follow up everyday and I submitted as an urgent RTD. So if it’s not urgent then you might wait much much longer.
I applied this October and got mine this week...

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Wow, congratulations! Was it a paper application or online? Was it mailed to Gatineau adderss?

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Wow, congratulations! Was it a paper application or online? Was it mailed to Gatineau adderss?
i sent a webform....i was sent a epost link..i uploaded my form and support documents then i sent my expiring RTD via canada post...I got the new passport with 5 years validity and the expiring one ( i have a usa visa of 10 years on it) sent back to me...process took about 3 weeks

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Thanks for sharing that. It was probably quicker because this isn't your first RTD, they already have your information. New applications seem to be taking longer.

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Thanks for sharing that. It was probably quicker because this isn't your first RTD, they already have your information. New applications seem to be taking longer.
True..my first rtd was for 2 years as I applied after my hearing was successful in 2021....I then applied for this new one after i got my PR

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
How long did your first one take? If you don't mind me asking? Did you have any trouble travelling with it before you received PR?

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
How long did your first one take? If you don't mind me asking? Did you have any trouble travelling with it before you received PR?
It took a month..I applied January 2021 and got it in february.....I actually never travelled with it..although i got my USA visa on it a few weeks before my PR came

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I am sorry you are dealing with this. This won't give you any comfort but I have been waiting 5 months for my RTD. Even after submitting urgent proof to travel, more than 15 IRCC webforms later, speaking to agent over the phone who tracked my application, but yet still, they state it is not int he system. Which means they have not begun processing my application. It is quite disappointing and at this point, I am ready to give up.
Good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon.
wait they sent me same thing in email that my application is not in the system. I was afraid that meant it was lost or something. Did they tell you that means it's not being processed?

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Hello. Yes there is no knowing. Not in the system means they haven’t started working on it/ it currently isn’t being processed. But also, it could be lost too, you never know. They receive the applications and they are in some sort of mailroom or something so until someone goes to get it and puts it in the system, nothing is being done unfortunately.

levenscan

Oct 30, 2018
Applied in May 2022. Still nothing. They answered to the request for status - received an envelope, but did not start.

Reactions: Ncu

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Applied in May 2022. Still nothing. They answered to the request for status - received an envelope, but did not start.
It’s good that they responded that it was received. I’ve never got a written or verbal confirmation only the delivered status from my tracking number.
Goodluck to you!

Awat

Sep 11, 2017
I applied in April and still nothing, I sent multiple web forms and it came back saying they couldn't locate it. Finally today I got a hold of them after many times trying to call, the urgent was rude and he did not help in any way, his answer was there is no timeline for processing time, and my application hasn't even started, I have to wait, his name was (Timmy 5095), very disappointed with the poor service from IRCC. I wish even my enemy would not need them for anything, unfortunately, we still have lots of work with them until citizenship.