+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing of Refugee Travel Document (RTD)

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
What do you think I should do ? Should I sent it by separate mail? Or send it by webform?
send by webform asking for your RTD application number in the system , then send the seizing form by another webform as an attachment with your RTD application

muai

Jan 10, 2024
I applied for a refugee travel document in November 2023. I needed it urgently that when I called they told me it is in process. However when I called today they gave me a tracking number does it mean they have sent the travel document or it's still in process

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
I applied for a refugee travel document in November 2023. I needed it urgently that when I called they told me it is in process. However when I called today they gave me a tracking number does it mean they have sent the travel document or it's still in process
Same happened to me. You should expect it in a few weeks.

aazeemxx

Jan 16, 2024
Same happened to me. You should expect it in a few weeks.
Hi, how long did it take for delivery for you after getting tracking number from them? Bcz I got my tracking number today and wondering when will it actually get delivered to me.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
my RTD is expiring this month.i have us visa on it .do i need to send back the RTD along with new application or copy of the old RTD is enough?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
my RTD is expiring this month.i have us visa on it .do i need to send back the RTD along with new application or copy of the old RTD is enough?
from what I understood the information @canuck78 provided is wrong, you must send your old RTD back when applying for a new one. As you correctly mentioned, it is written in the application to do the same.
I spoke to an IRCC agent about this exact issue yesterday, they confirmed you have to send the old RTD back and you have to send a letter with it explaining that you have a valid visa and you are requesting to have it sent back to you with the visa intact.

Below is the email IRCC sent me with instructions:

COI and RTD - Renewal - Valid visa in the existing document
You are asked to include your certificate of identity (COI) or refugee travel document (RTD) with your renewal application and your document includes a valid visa?
  • On the application form, please indicate that you would like the COI or RTD returned to you, and
  • Include an explanation letter with your application indicating your visa must remain intact.
Good luck!