+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing of Refugee Travel Document (RTD)

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
wait they sent me same thing in email that my application is not in the system. I was afraid that meant it was lost or something. Did they tell you that means it's not being processed?
I applied in April and still nothing, I sent multiple web forms and it came back saying they couldn't locate it. Finally today I got a hold of them after many times trying to call, the urgent was rude and he did not help in any way, his answer was there is no timeline for processing time, and my application hasn't even started, I have to wait, his name was (Timmy 5095), very disappointed with the poor service from IRCC. I wish even my enemy would not need them for anything, unfortunately, we still have lots of work with them until citizenship.
I’m sorry that when you spoke to the agent, they were not pleasant. I managed to speak to someone who was very very helpful and kind and sympathetic to my situation . But yes, they can’t give a processing timeline, and there’s applications pending since January apparently. They can only forward whatever information to the Gatineau office and wait for updates. Goodluck to you!

Reactions: Awat

hb8895

May 9, 2022
Same thing happen with my husband even same timeline I don’t know what to do he keep sending them emails but always same response
Hello, thanks for your reply.

What’s the present status of your husband’s RTD application now? Is it processed or still waiting?

hb8895

May 9, 2022
I am sorry you are dealing with this. This won't give you any comfort but I have been waiting 5 months for my RTD. Even after submitting urgent proof to travel, more than 15 IRCC webforms later, speaking to agent over the phone who tracked my application, but yet still, they state it is not int he system. Which means they have not begun processing my application. It is quite disappointing and at this point, I am ready to give up.
Good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon.
Hi, thanks for your reply. For your case, it’s been 6 months now. What's is the current status? Have you already received your RTD?

Reactions: yusef48

hb8895

May 9, 2022
i was advised to submit a web form with the reason for urgency and supporting documents which I did on Sept 5th. a few days later I received an email stating that my request has been transferred to RTD department and an officer will be in touch with you. same email saying that within 5 business days you will receive an email with instructions to submit your documents thru Epost however, till this moment i didn't receive any update. is there a way to contact them and inquire rather than sending another web?
Hi, thanks for your response. What’s the current status of your RTD application now? Have you already received?

bfour

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hi guys. What documents do you guys add when you guys send urgent webform? Do i need to add my picture or notice of decision letter? Thank you.

lotus2101

Feb 25, 2023
Hello everybody!
I have the same situation! I applied an application for travel documents in 15, May, 2022. I haven't received anything since this day. I tried to call IRCC 6 times to speed up my application but wasn't success. The times that I applied was aproximately 1 year.

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Hello everybody!
I have the same situation! I applied an application for travel documents in 15, May, 2022. I haven't received anything since this day. I tried to call IRCC 6 times to speed up my application but wasn't success. The times that I applied was aproximately 1 year.
I am wishing you the best! update for me, o finally received mine Feb 22! Can’t believe I’m even typing this, after waiting more than 8 months. I tried everything and nothing worked so just had to wait for them

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hello, everyone I applied for RTD back in June 2022 and still waiting. I keep on contacting them and they respond by saying it's being processed. How long do you think I'll have to wait?

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Why it's been one year since you applied right?
Yeah but till now they haven’t finished processing. It’s so annoying. I sent it several webforms at this point. And I got the same reply every time. I’m just waiting to receive my PR and get the Canadian passport eventually.

amircanada2023

Mar 5, 2022
My RTD story

- NOD : Nov 2022
- Application sent : Nov 2022 by mail .paper application , by Purolator
- Urgent reason sent by web form , accepted by the responsible office
- Application marked as urgent : Dec 2022
- I send over 100 webform and crises webform as i have an urgent reason
- till mid Jan 2023 , no update , still in processing
- I contacted my MP , my MP sent an urgent letter to the immigration minister .
- I got a call from RTD responsible office to verify my application references
- RTD approved and Canada post tracking number sent

Total processing time : 65 days
Wish you all good luck

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
My RTD story

- NOD : Nov 2022
- Application sent : Nov 2022 by mail .paper application , by Purolator
- Urgent reason sent by web form , accepted by the responsible office
- Application marked as urgent : Dec 2022
- I send over 100 webform and crises webform as i have an urgent reason
- till mid Jan 2023 , no update , still in processing
- I contacted my MP , my MP sent an urgent letter to the immigration minister .
- I got a call from RTD responsible office to verify my application references
- RTD approved and Canada post tracking number sent

Total processing time : 65 days
Wish you all good luck
Can I ask when you sent your application did you send a passport ? Because I didn’t our passports are all seized by immigration. Were we supposed to submit a copy of it ?