+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent processing of Refugee Travel Document (RTD)

hb8895

May 9, 2022
Dear good people,

I submitted my application for a non-urgent Refugee Travel Document (RTD) via Canada post registered mail more than 2 months ago. As my situation has changed, I sent an urgent request via IRCC ebform and 10 days ago I received a reply that they have verified my information and have forwarded my request to the responsible office. They also mentioned that they cannot guarantee that my urgent request will be accepted.

With the same email, they also gave me a link to signup to the digital application submission service via Canada Post’s Connect. They mentioned that I will receive an email from Canada Post's Connect within 5 business days after I sign up. It’s been 10 days I haven’t received any email from Canada Post’s Connect.

I already submitted my application via Canada Post registered mail but I don’t understand why I still need the submission service via Canada Post’s Connect!! Is it just a common format of their response or do I have to submit my application again via Canada Post’s Connect?

As they forwarded my urgent request to the responsible office 10 days ago, should I expect to receive my RTD soon without worrying about the Canada Post’s Connect?

Anyone went through the same process, please share your idea.

Thanks!

Dina1993

Sep 21, 2022
Dear good people,

I submitted my application for a non-urgent Refugee Travel Document (RTD) via Canada post registered mail more than 2 months ago. As my situation has changed, I sent an urgent request via IRCC ebform and 10 days ago I received a reply that they have verified my information and have forwarded my request to the responsible office. They also mentioned that they cannot guarantee that my urgent request will be accepted.

With the same email, they also gave me a link to signup to the digital application submission service via Canada Post’s Connect. They mentioned that I will receive an email from Canada Post's Connect within 5 business days after I sign up. It’s been 10 days I haven’t received any email from Canada Post’s Connect.

I already submitted my application via Canada Post registered mail but I don’t understand why I still need the submission service via Canada Post’s Connect!! Is it just a common format of their response or do I have to submit my application again via Canada Post’s Connect?

As they forwarded my urgent request to the responsible office 10 days ago, should I expect to receive my RTD soon without worrying about the Canada Post’s Connect?

Thanks!
Same thing happen with my husband even same timeline I don’t know what to do he keep sending them emails but always same response

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hey guys,
So I applied to PR as a convention refugee in Canada but while waiting I also applied to RTD ( refugee travel document). Does anyone know if we need to send a copy of our passport because I didn't since my original passport isn't with me and it's written in the requirements.
Another question, Does anyone have an idea on the time it takes these days because I keep on sending them webforms and they say my application isn't in the system and it's been three months. What does it mean when they say " IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN OUR SYSTEM AT THIS TIME" . Is this normal?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey guys,
So I applied to PR as a convention refugee in Canada but while waiting I also applied to RTD ( refugee travel document). Does anyone know if we need to send a copy of our passport because I didn't since my original passport isn't with me and it's written in the requirements.
Another question, Does anyone have an idea on the time it takes these days because I keep on sending them webforms and they say my application isn't in the system and it's been three months. What does it mean when they say " IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN OUR SYSTEM AT THIS TIME" . Is this normal?
You dont need to send copy of your ppt, and its not in the system yet because it hasnt been uploaded in gcms by the clerk. when you call the agent, give them tracking number

Moh2001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Thank you for this information. However, may I ask, what is gcms? And do you mean the tracking number of the mail. It's also been 3 months since our application? Is this a normal processing time? I sent it to the Gatineau office.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thank you for this information. However, may I ask, what is gcms? And do you mean the tracking number of the mail. It's also been 3 months since our application? Is this a normal processing time? I sent it to the Gatineau office.
Its a global case management system that is linked with ecas soon after registry input details of your application. To get your application into the portal, if not call the number and leave the tracking number, they will track it from mail room

Hussein B

Sep 18, 2022
Dear good people,

Thanks!
[/QUOTE. i was advised to submit a web form with the reason for urgency and supporting documents which I did on Sept 5th. a few days later I received an email stating that my request has been transferred to RTD department and an officer will be in touch with you. same email saying that within 5 business days you will receive an email with instructions to submit your documents thru Epost however, till this moment i didn't receive any update. is there a way to contact them and inquire rather than sending another web?

Hussein B

Sep 18, 2022
i was advised to submit a web form with the reason for urgency and supporting documents which I did on Sept 5th. a few days later I received an email stating that my request has been transferred to RTD department and an officer will be in touch with you. same email saying that within 5 business days you will receive an email with instructions to submit your documents thru Epost however, till this moment i didn't receive any update. is there a way to contact them and inquire rather than sending another web?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
i was advised to submit a web form with the reason for urgency and supporting documents which I did on Sept 5th. a few days later I received an email stating that my request has been transferred to RTD department and an officer will be in touch with you. same email saying that within 5 business days you will receive an email with instructions to submit your documents thru Epost however, till this moment i didn't receive any update. is there a way to contact them and inquire rather than sending another web?
Call the IRCC Number and ask to speak with an agent. he can pull your account and send another note to RTD office

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
Dear good people,

Thanks!

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
I am sorry you are dealing with this. This won't give you any comfort but I have been waiting 5 months for my RTD. Even after submitting urgent proof to travel, more than 15 IRCC webforms later, speaking to agent over the phone who tracked my application, but yet still, they state it is not int he system. Which means they have not begun processing my application. It is quite disappointing and at this point, I am ready to give up.
Good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon.

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I sent my non-urgent RTD application to the Gatineau office a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know if the processing time is really as they mention on the website which is 20 business days?

I remember a while ago it was mentioned that they only process urgent applications due to COVID19. Is this still the case?

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
I highly doubt it! Not possible to get it in 20 days, I’ve waited 5 months and still nothing, yet I follow up everyday and I submitted as an urgent RTD. So if it’s not urgent then you might wait much much longer.

Jok Sue

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
5 months?! wow!! Do they at least consider issuing it before the "expected travel date" which is in the top right of the RTD application?

I mentioned I intend to travel in January 2023.

Ncu

Oct 25, 2022
I don’t think they look at that. I applied and my expected travel date was in 30 days, yet here I am.
good luck to you, you might be luckier than me.