+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent help needed.. SDS and dependent children TRV or SP

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
Dear members, I am applying for Study Permit from India under SDS for MBA at BC. I have my wife's application processing for OWP and My dependent children aged 12 and 16, I'm confused about what to apply is it TRV or Study Permit. If I'm applying for study permit, ai need to enter details like designed learning institution name, letter of acceptance and fees details. In my kids case after reaching Canada, BC only I need to find school for them. In this situation can I select TRV for them instead of Study Permit. Please advise.
Thank you
Sunil

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Dear members, I am applying for Study Permit from India under SDS for MBA at BC. I have my wife's application processing for OWP and My dependent children aged 12 and 16, I'm confused about what to apply is it TRV or Study Permit. If I'm applying for study permit, ai need to enter details like designed learning institution name, letter of acceptance and fees details. In my kids case after reaching Canada, BC only I need to find school for them. In this situation can I select TRV for them instead of Study Permit. Please advise.
Thank you
Sunil
You need to apply for SP for them otherwise their TRV application will likely be cancelled (same thing happened to me). They don't need admission letters/offers. In that placeholder, just update an LOE saying they will be attending High school in the province you will be in, and that will be sorted once you land and know which district you will be leaving in (your address will be required by the school board to place them in schools).

Reactions: powereng1982

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
You need to apply for SP for them otherwise their TRV application will likely be cancelled (same thing happened to me). They don't need admission letters/offers. In that placeholder, just update an LOE saying they will be attending High school in the province you will be in, and that will be sorted once you land and know which district you will be leaving in (your address will be required by the school board to place them in schools).
Dear wonderbly
Thank you very much for your reply.
Can you tell me what did you fill in the date and school name field in the SP application for the minor?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I did the same for SP of my 7 years old kid

Reactions: wonderbly

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
For school name and address: "TO BE DETERMINED"
For the date: the start/end dates for my program.
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Hope I can add in the employment filed also with details as Student in the occupation field and school name currently studying as the employer because employment area is also compulsory. Any suggestion on this?

Thank you
Sunil

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
Thank you so much for the help Wonderbly. I'm clear now. God bless you.
Sunil
Again, in the SP of my child, in the fees field, I'm entering $0 and Fund available for my stay (CAD) field, is it ok to enter $3000 or any other value.
Since I'm applying for SDS I have to take GIC of $10,000. But I have taken GIC of $20,000 keeping in mind $10,000 for student GIC + $4000 for Spouse living expenses + $3000 for Depend Child 1 + $3000 for dependent child 2. So total of $20,000

Sunil

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Again, in the SP of my child, in the fees field, I'm entering $0 and Fund available for my stay (CAD) field, is it ok to enter $3000 or any other value.
Since I'm applying for SDS I have to take GIC of $10,000. But I have taken GIC of $20,000 keeping in mind $10,000 for student GIC + $4000 for Spouse living expenses + $3000 for Depend Child 1 + $3000 for dependent child 2. So total of $20,000

Sunil
Yes, that is perfect.

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Thank you so much for the help Wonderbly. I'm clear now. God bless you.
Sunil
@wonderbly has already provided you with everything. Below I am providing letter of expalanation which might give you idea to write for yours.

Dear Citizenship and immigration officers,

I am writing for the Letter of Acceptance for my son [NAME] for his study permit application. He is only 7 years old.

As per information about minor children before entering Canada, available at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit. If they’re coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when they apply for a study permit.

[NAME OF KID] will be traveling with me during my stay at Canada, therefore, he does not need Letter of Acceptance for his study permit application at this stage. This letter is provided for the purpose of clarifications. I hope you will accept it.

Your support in this matter shall be of great appreciate. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

• Love
Reactions: wonderbly

biotechsun

Jul 28, 2021
@wonderbly has already provided you with everything. Below I am providing letter of expalanation which might give you idea to write for yours.

Dear Citizenship and immigration officers,

I am writing for the Letter of Acceptance for my son [NAME] for his study permit application. He is only 7 years old.

As per information about minor children before entering Canada, available at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit. If they’re coming to Canada with parents who have a valid study or work permit, they don’t need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when they apply for a study permit.

[NAME OF KID] will be traveling with me during my stay at Canada, therefore, he does not need Letter of Acceptance for his study permit application at this stage. This letter is provided for the purpose of clarifications. I hope you will accept it.

Your support in this matter shall be of great appreciate. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Dear powereng1982,
I really appreciate the sample LOE, you have saved a lot of time by providing this
Thank you very much, God bless you.
Sunil

Reactions: powereng1982