+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
I have received a correspondence letter on the portal regarding my biometrics validity, a week after submitting biometrics. However, biometrics had already been updated within a few hours of submission itself. But there is no info regarding approval or a passport request, the wait continues

Has anyone else received the correspondence letter?

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
I am in the USA so not sure if I need a medical. They have not requested for medical yet, the portal shows it isn't needed. It is not an eligibility approval, just a correspondence letter for biometrics validity until 2030. But it has come from CPC Edmontn, AB. Does this by any chance mean they have started looking into my application?

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
okies...yes they might be looking into your application and if you are in USA for last 6 months then you don't need to provide medical for student visa (since i have applied for student visa and i am aware of this visa only) and in my case till 13 July 2020 the action item was on me to provide biomedical and after certain changes in visa policies they have assigned my application to them self on 14th July and yesterday i am done with my bio metric also . Hopefully we should get the decision in another 3-4 weeks.

Reactions: PravinDeo

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I am in the USA so not sure if I need a medical. They have not requested for medical yet, the portal shows it isn't needed. It is not an eligibility approval, just a correspondence letter for biometrics validity until 2030. But it has come from CPC Edmontn, AB. Does this by any chance mean they have started looking into my application?
one more question whats ur application status in the IRCC portal mine is
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Biometrics - July 21, 2020:Completed.

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Yup the exact same status! Completed biometrics on the 15th though. I had applied back in March via GTS stream, and then everything got held up because of COVID

PravinDeo

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020

ag1122

Jun 22, 2020
Application status

Latest update:
My biometrics is done on 20th. How to check biometrics status? Could you please share link? Do I need to create any account?

baa_at

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Does ASC office stopped biometriic appointments? Since yesterday I am seeing no appointments available, checked multiple locations

studentcandidate

Jun 13, 2020
Does ASC office stopped biometriic appointments? Since yesterday I am seeing no appointments available, checked multiple locations
I don't think so. You need to keep checking every day and one day the will give access to make an appointment. They just give access for one day and then close it again.

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
I have received a correspondence letter on the portal regarding my biometrics validity, a week after submitting biometrics. However, biometrics had already been updated within a few hours of submission itself. But there is no info regarding approval or a passport request, the wait continues

Has anyone else received the correspondence letter?
I got my correspondence letter today , a day after submitting bio metrics. I think they have expedite the application process :)

Reactions: PravinDeo