+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

sathya.vasudevan11

Jul 9, 2020
Hi All,

Did anybody receive Passport requisition after completing Bio metrics. My company has applied for a work permit and hence waiting on the updates. Completed Biometrics on 21st July.

Reactions: PravinDeo

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Its a correspondence letter for your bio metric validity .I gave my bio metric on 21 Jun 2020 at St Paul, Minnesota ASC. Still waiting for the decision
Hi Ryerson,
What is this correspondence letter? I also gave biometrics at St Paul ASC location on 20th of July. It got updated on CIC profile but have not received any letter yet.

Also how did you mentioned to get appointment in June?

Ryerson2020

Star Member
May 6, 2020
Hi Ryerson,
What is this correspondence letter? I also gave biometrics at St Paul ASC location on 20th of July. It got updated on CIC profile but have not received any letter yet.

Also how did you mentioned to get appointment in June?
sorry my bad its 21 July 2020. Correspondence letter refers to the validity of your bio-metric. Please find the snippet below of my letter.
Correspondence. Did u check you online IRCC portal ?

SubjectDate sentDate read
Correspondence letterJuly 23, 2020July 23, 2020
Bio Metrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until 2030/07/21 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any
permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your MyAccount at
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

IMPORTANT
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.

• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.

Sincerely,
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
Application Enquiry: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Last edited:

starlord82

Jul 26, 2020
Does anyone know if the ASCs are taking appointments for biometrics? I have been looking at the appointment site and I do not see any available appointments. Can the ASCs take walk-ins for biometric collection? I am worried I will have to wait too long for an appointment and may lose my job offer.

thiru6799

Jun 25, 2020
Did anyone get passport request after submitting biometrics?
Is there a way to check the status online using IRCC#?

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
sorry my bad its 21 July 2020. Correspondence letter refers to the validity of your bio-metric. Please find the snippet below of my letter.
Correspondence. Did u check you online IRCC portal ?

SubjectDate sentDate read
Correspondence letterJuly 23, 2020July 23, 2020
Bio Metrics Collection Letter
Submission Confirmation
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission

RE: validity of your biometric information

Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until 2030/07/21 (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any
permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
• In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
• your MyAccount at
• the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

IMPORTANT
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.

• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.

Sincerely,
CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
Application Enquiry: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
I did actually checked the CIC account and it got updated that Biometrics has been completed on July 20th. But there is no new documents or "Correspondence Letter". Last document over there is "Biometrics Collection Letter"

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
We just got our request for original passport. Applied in US.
Hey, can you please share your timeline? Like Application submitted date, biometrics date, and passport request date? Thanks

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hey, can you please share your timeline? Like Application submitted date, biometrics date, and passport request date? Thanks
Apr for WP, biometrics given in September 2019 for visiting. Spouse gave biometrics in July (14). Rec letter for passport today.

No covid related employment. But part of a state government facility.

Reactions: PravinDeo