NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Hello,

Does anyone know if we need to call on 07/20 to book appointments or if we can book appointments for 07/20 now itself?
Appointment scheduling is not yet enabled on IRCC website. They need to enable it. Uscis will not schedule appointments for Canadian biometrics.

Reactions: Going2Can

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
can I walk-in for my biometrics once the ASC center is open?
No, you must schedule an appointment. This is very clearly mentioned on both IRCC and USCIS websites.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
I have the same question, how to schedule an appointment when ASCs open on July 13th?? Previously I called USCIS, they mentioned they do not schedule appointment for Canada Biometrics even if the offices were open.

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
i believe the links to book appointments will be enabled via the IRCC website... just keep checking the site regularly.. no other option, hopefully there will be some updates on the IRCC site shortly on this.. we can only wait and watch.

RMen

Jun 22, 2020
How about the VAC in New York? That was supposed to open on the 30th of June based on some rumours doing the rounds. But there hasn't been any update so far

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
I begin to worry that the real bottleneck is not at USCIS, but at the IRCC side. They might be not ready to resume the process, including biometrics. Many procedures including but not limited to EE applications have been halted or slowed down due to the pandemic, they may not be able to move forward with most of employees working from home, so they on purpose delayed the biometrics collection to wait until the pandemic recedes. This could explain why so many countries could not resume biometrics even after most of their government has been back to work. Hope this is not true...Same as before, if you are interested in the idea of writing a letter to IRCC and gather hundreds, even thousands of signatures urging them to waive/postpone the biometrics requirement, pls let me know. This may not help much but changes are more likely to happen if we voice out.

Last edited:

manjunathsr14

Jun 4, 2020
I begin to worry that the real bottleneck is not at USCIS, but at the IRCC side. They might be not ready to resume the process, including biometrics. Many procedures including but not limited to EE applications have been halted or slowed down due to the pandemic, they may not be able to move forward with most of employees working from home, so they on purpose delayed the biometrics collection to wait until the pandemic recedes. This could explain why so many countries could not resume biometrics even after most of their government has been back to work. Hope this is not true...Same as before, if you are interested in the idea of writing a letter to IRCC and gather hundreds, even thousands of signatures urging them to waive/postpone the biometrics requirement, pls let me know. This may not help much but changes are more likely to happen if we voice out.
I am all for the idea of reaching out to IRCC as a group.

Reactions: surojittaurus

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Yes, count me in. A lot of us, like someone mentioned, are waiting to move on with our lives, especially students who wish to attend classes (if any) in Fall.