+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent - Biometrics in USA in USCIS center

thiru6799

Jun 25, 2020
I got biometrics instruction letter almost 2 months back and am waiting to take online appointment. I am in US currently. Would they allow walkin for biometrics?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
I got biometrics instruction letter almost 2 months back and am waiting to take online appointment. I am in US currently. Would they allow walkin for biometrics?
If we are talking about ASCs, they should allow to book an appointment from July 13th (walk-in will not be available for a long time).
Be aware that only few ASCs "survived".

Reactions: Lola2019

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Okay. Thank you.
U mean many ASCs are closed permanently?
I am not sure about it because I just deduced it from the ones showing up when I was trying to book.
There is no official or unofficial statement that says that office are closed, so take this with a grain of salt.
If it is not a glitch in the system there are 10-15 left in the whole US.

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
Hi dudes, wondering how many people would like to join the project co-signing a letter to IRCC to propose a change of the current limbo. Including but not limited to postponing the biometrics, using USPS service, etc. I am very busy at work recently (almost everyday working until midnight) so I do not have time to draft the letter all by myself, but I think with more people joining we will be more efficient crowdsourcing a well written letter. For example, some people can gather and analyze the immigration data during COVID 19, and some draft the suggestion part. If more than 5 of you are willing to join, I can start a Google doc this weekend and divide the labor, so that no one will spend more than 30 minutes on the drafting work. Then we can put it out for signature, the more the better. Finally we can submit the letter by all the forms that we know: WebForm, Twitter, emails, even personal connections if we have it.

Our efforts may be futile, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited:

Mark Wang

Jun 25, 2020
If we are talking about ASCs, they should allow to book an appointment from July 13th (walk-in will not be available for a long time).
Be aware that only few ASCs "survived".
Could you please kindly remind which website to book appointments after Jul. 13 on the "survived" ASC locations?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Could you please kindly remind which website to book appointments after Jul. 13 on the "survived" ASC locations?
In theory you should look up from here.
I saved a link to the appointment scheduler page (which I think it is no longer reachable from the previous link) here.
This last link is the one that I used to check which ASCs are still active (even if no appointment is available).

I hope it helps.

Reactions: lanp2606

Mark Wang

Jun 25, 2020
I saved a link to the appointment scheduler page (which I think it is no longer reachable from the previous link) here.
This last link is the one that I used to check which ASCs are still active (even if no appointment is available).

I hope it helps.
Thanks man! This is really helpful! Can I also ask is the Jul 13 opening date reliable?

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020

I hope it helps.
Thank you. I also found the same issue yesterday; however, when I checked back today on the appointment scheduler link, they are almost gone @@ (oh I just found KS ASC still in)
Don't know what happen...

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020

I hope it helps.
Thank you! I tried California, Washington, New York, DC, Illinois...and around 10 other states, they are all gone, only Kansas is opening...really?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Thank you! I tried California, Washington, New York, DC, Illinois...and around 10 other states, they are all gone, only Kansas is opening...really?
I think that ASCs at USCIS will not open for a long time. I am not sure if the "disappeared" centers are just a website glitch, but they really give no information about anything, so we can just guess.
They really should arrange for giving biometrics at USPS instead.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
Gathering all the information from discussion forum and IRCC website it seems there is not much we can do but to wait for ASCs to open. However, I also came across following questions, if anyone knows anything please share:

Has anyone living near border tried POE (Port of Entry)? I have read it somewhere that some of the POE do provide biometrics services. Unfortunately, there is no information available on how does this thing works. For example: is it available for certain visa types? How to get appointment etc?

Other thing I wanted to discuss here is regarding getting biometrics waiver. Has anyone tried getting it? If yes, please share the details