NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA

lanp2606

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Gathering all the information from discussion forum and IRCC website it seems there is not much we can do but to wait for ASCs to open. However, I also came across following questions, if anyone knows anything please share:

Has anyone living near border tried POE (Port of Entry)? I have read it somewhere that some of the POE do provide biometrics services. Unfortunately, there is no information available on how does this thing works. For example: is it available for certain visa types? How to get appointment etc?

Other thing I wanted to discuss here is regarding getting biometrics waiver. Has anyone tried getting it? If yes, please share the details
For your 1st question: You can refer to this link to check if you're eligible to apply at POE https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/apply.html#instructions

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
In the "Application Support Centers" it previously said all facilities are closed. Today it lists the still closed ones.
Yes, I saw it, but I think it lists all the remaining ones, which are all closed.
I believe that the ones not listed are permanently closed. I was unable to book anything.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
I just called USCIS and they told that as of right now they have the information that ASCs will open on or after July 13th. They updated the ASCs on their website which will remain closed even after July 13th when rest of the ASCs open.

JonF

May 4, 2020
I just called USCIS and they told that as of right now they have the information that ASCs will open on or after July 13th. They updated the ASCs on their website which will remain closed even after July 13th when rest of the ASCs open.
The 14 or 15 offices listed on their website are the one that will be permanently closed or the ones that will reopen eventually?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
The 14 or 15 offices listed on their website are the one that will be permanently closed or the ones that will reopen eventually?
Logic would say that those are the ones that will reopen: they are the ones located in the major cities of the corresponding states.

haritosh82

May 31, 2020
USA
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-04-2020
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Logic would say that those are the ones that will reopen: they are the ones located in the major cities of the corresponding states.
It’s actually the reverse as per USCIS. If you check the website, they are clearly mentioning these are closed. On the phone they said they will remain closed even after july 13.

tanxa

Jun 29, 2020
It’s actually the reverse as per USCIS. If you check the website, they are clearly mentioning these are closed. On the phone they said they will remain closed even after july 13.
On the website, there are only a few ASCs are listed, some of them are reopening on July 20th, some of them are still closed until further notice. It seems to me that ACSs that are not mentioned at all have a larger chance of being closed permanently. Or maybe they will be updated in a few hours later.

lat2479

Jun 29, 2020
I just saw some locations will be reopen on July 20. Does anyone know if that means 7/20 is the first day we can schedule appointments or we can schedule beforehand and just come in on 7/20?
Thanks!

matahari

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
This is good news. However, once we submit the biometrics, when will the Canadian side of the process act? I see that the NY and LA VACs are closed. So, even if the prints etc. are submitted, does anyone know when will we receive a request for original passport?