+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update for Visa (New Delhi, India)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mom got the same response today for a TRV (visitor) application on July 16. She is exempt from travel restrictions as an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen.

Anyone else facing the same situation who got a visa issued/stamped?
Does she already have biometrics done?

Amritkaur1441

Jul 20, 2020
My mom got the same response today for a TRV (visitor) application on July 16. She is exempt from travel restrictions as an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen.

I emailed Delhi Immigration, they asked me to wait till VFS opens and they cannot accept passports directly.

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019

Hi... When did you applied ? When did u get approval? I applied in feb ,2020 still no response .. Biometrics are done. I am Pr Holder

ChennaiUser

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi folks, my wife and daughter too got a similar information letter which says that their trv has been approved and Delhi mission will contact for next steps. But I am worried as the status is still 'Submitted'. None of the 7 status under 'Details of your application' have changed.
Regards

ChennaiUser

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
I emailed Delhi Immigration, they asked me to wait till VFS opens and they cannot accept passports directly.
Hey there, my family got similar information letter that says trv is approved but the status is still in submitted (though it's only been 24 hours). None of the 7 detailed status changed. I am worried about that. How about your trv application status? When did it change WRT the arrival of the letter with approval?
Regards

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019
Hey there, my family got similar information letter that says trv is approved but the status is still in submitted (though it's only been 24 hours). None of the 7 detailed status changed. I am worried about that. How about your trv application status? When did it change WRT the arrival of the letter with approval?
Regards
CAN you please share email address for DVO to contact at.. Will appreciate it

krsenthilkumaran

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Chennai,India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
Hi folks, my wife and daughter too got a similar information letter which says that their trv has been approved and Delhi mission will contact for next steps. But I am worried as the status is still 'Submitted'. None of the 7 status under 'Details of your application' have changed.
Regards
Have they submitted biometrics already?

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hi, seems many people are getting TRV approved(per this thread). Can you please suggest if you have to go through biometrics, or its getting approved without that?

BS2626

Oct 26, 2014
Hi, seems many people are getting TRV approved(per this thread). Can you please suggest if you have to go through biometrics, or its getting approved without that?
In my case, IRCC has attached the bio metrics I gave for PR application to TRV. ( Bio metrics were done Pre-Corona era in my case).

BS2626

Oct 26, 2014
Regards
It is the same case with me. Even though I received a letter with staing approved, and wait for further instructions, Status in the application did not change.

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019
It is the same case with me. Even though I received a letter with staing approved, and wait for further instructions, Status in the application did not change.
Hey, I got same too. Status will change when passport will get stamped.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Your application for a temporary resident visa has been approved. You will be contacted by the New Delhi Mission who will advise on the next steps.
Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?

Amritkaur1441

Jul 20, 2020
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?

HEY, DO YOU MIND TELLING ME AT WHAT TIME DID YOU RECEIVE THE EMAIL?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
HEY, DO YOU MIND TELLING ME AT WHAT TIME DID YOU RECEIVE THE EMAIL?
Around 5-6 AM India time, they had sent the biometrics correspondence notification around the same time yesterday. Just to clarify, we had only received a notification email from IRCC that there has been an update for the application, it didn't mention anything specific in the email. Once I logged into the account only then we got to know about the exact update.

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

Congratulations!! It’s a good news and that they ask for the passport. Cause I read somewhere on their website that some closed VAC can ask for passport to be stamped . Call them or email them to ask if you can courier them the passport. Me and some other members are waiting for the next step since last few months. It is really good to know if New Delhi vac is requesting passport. Please keep informing us. We will wait for you any update from you. Good luck.