+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update for Visa (New Delhi, India)

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?
Hi, Congratulations for the great news!
Could you please let us know if they provided biometrics this time or were they ever holding visa before?
Thanks

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Yea, waiting for their response now. I'll keep you guys posted.

Since the shutdown due to covid, has no one got a passport request from New Delhi? Or do you know any such cases that have a passport request letter but waiting for VFS to open?
Hey, where you able to get a response through the webform? I have submitted mine for Passport request but haven't anything yet. Thanks

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Sorry guys, wasn't able to post an update as I was travelling over the weekend.

My parents had received courier instructions for passport submission and the pick up is now scheduled with Bluedart.

These are the charges (per applicant, so for my parents it was double the amount)

Passport submission charges (mandatory)₹ 1056 (₹ 528 to send the passport + ₹ 528 to receive it back)
Package transmission charges (mandatory)₹ 477
SMS (optional, you can skip this one)₹ 154
Total₹ 1533 (without SMS) or ₹ 1687 (with SMS)

Along with the passport, you will need to submit a print out of the courier instructions email, VFS consent form and VFS courier form in an envelope.

So, the envelope will be sent to VFS office Delhi, then they will verify the documents, send it the embassy, receive it back from embassy to their office and then finally send the passport back to the applicant.

Hi, Congratulations for the great news!
Could you please let us know if they provided biometrics this time or were they ever holding visa before?
Thanks
They already had valid biometrics from the previous visitor visa (which expired this year).

Hey, where you able to get a response through the webform? I have submitted mine for Passport request but haven't anything yet. Thanks
No, they have not responded to the web form, but we have received the courier instructions from Delhi office.

@Canadadream2009 @arunesh.vikram

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017

My parents had received courier instructions for passport submission and the pick up is now scheduled with Bluedart.

These are the charges (per applicant, so for my parents it was double the amount)

Passport submission charges (mandatory)₹ 1056 (₹ 528 to send the passport + ₹ 528 to receive it back)

Along with the passport, you will need to submit a print out of the courier instructions email, VFS consent form and VFS courier form in an envelope.

So, the envelope will be sent to VFS office Delhi, then they will verify the documents, send it the embassy, receive it back from embassy to their office and then finally send the passport back to the applicant.

They already had valid biometrics from the previous visitor visa (which expired this year).

No, they have not responded to the web form, but we have received the courier instructions from Delhi office.

Thank you for the detailed information, this is verify helpful. If you any information on any of the below
- did they mention any time frame within which you have to submit the passport?
- any idea on how long they take to send you back the passport from the day of the courier is sent?

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

Thank you for letting us know !! I hope we all with approved super visa will get passport request as well. I did send them the web form last week but didn’t get any response back.

BS2626

Oct 26, 2014

Can you share the Email Address, through which you got the Passport request? It will just help us to search in case it gets thrown into the spam folder.

Thanks in advance :) .

Puja shalini

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello i got passport submit request letter just an hour back, but haven’t received any courier instructions. There is a link in there but it doesn’t lead to any courier instructions, it just shows cic website with passport submiss general instructions.
do ihave to wait for the two way courier instructions email ???
Please update me

Reactions: A Grewal

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Hello i got passport submit request letter just an hour back, but haven’t received any courier instructions.
Congratulations!! May be you will receive another mail soon. When did you got approval on your application ?? And did you receive a email or you got request by online account? I got approval in July that’s why wondering!!

Puja shalini

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Congratulations!! May be you will receive another mail soon. When did you got approval on your application ?? And did you receive a email or you got request by online account? I got approval in July that’s why wondering!!
Thankyou,
I applied on july 20th
Approved aug 21st
I got an email to check my cic account for padsport submission.

Reactions: BS2626

A Grewal

Aug 4, 2020
Hi...i also got passport submission request at around 4:30 pm today...no courier instructions received.
Applied on April 11
Got approved on July 9

Reactions: BS2626

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Hi...i also got passport submission request at around 4:30 pm today...no courier instructions received.
Applied on April 11
Got approved on July 9
Congratulations to you too!! So happy to know that manny of us getting passport requests. One question did you receive this request from ircc Ottawa office or New Delhi mission?

A Grewal

Aug 4, 2020
Thanks....most probably from new delhi mission since i received it at 4:30 pm...and its too early for ottawa office to be open and secondly the vfs global india office updated the process today... theres no office address mentioned in the passport request letter

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
Thanks....most probably from new delhi mission since i received it at 4:30 pm...and its too early for ottawa office to be open and secondly the vfs global india office updated the process today... theres no office address mentioned in the passport request letter
Oh ok !! Good to know and thanks for updating us. Please let us know further steps as well. I hope I will receive the request for my mom too :)