+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update for Visa (New Delhi, India)

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Thanks....most probably from new delhi mission since i received it at 4:30 pm...and its too early for ottawa office to be open and secondly the vfs global india office updated the process today... theres no office address mentioned in the passport request letter
Congratulations to you. May I know which category you have applied visa ??

intransit_sagar

Aug 9, 2017
Hello i got passport submit request letter just an hour back, but haven’t received any courier instructions. There is a link in there but it doesn’t lead to any courier instructions, it just shows cic website with passport submiss general instructions.
do ihave to wait for the two way courier instructions email ???
Please update me
I received the Passport request letter last week but haven't received the courier instructions yet. still waiting

Srisow

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Can someone tell me how many days it took for the final decision after receiving biometrics correspondence letter (validity letter) ? I received biometrics correspondence letter 2 weeks back but no update later.

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hey all, what reasons are you guys using to get the visitor visa in these times? I was thinking of applying for a visitor visa for my girlfriend but I am not sure what reason can I explain to be getting the visa in this time.

Kin27

Feb 4, 2019
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?
Hey so u applied for your parents TRV in sep and got the approval in oct and you mention that biometric is already done that means u are applying visa again or whats the scenario.

A Grewal

Aug 4, 2020
Can someone tell me how many days it took for the final decision after receiving biometrics correspondence letter (validity letter) ? I received biometrics correspondence letter 2 weeks back but no update later.
In normal circumstances it takes around 1-2 days...in my case it took 5 days in the month of july
Hey all, what reasons are you guys using to get the visitor visa in these times? I was thinking of applying for a visitor visa for my girlfriend but I am not sure what reason can I explain to be getting the visa in this time.
Work for work permit holders, study for those who applied for study permit, or reunification for others.
If you are a Canadian PR or citizen you can include the exemption for extended family member reunification:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended