+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Update for Visa (New Delhi, India)

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?
one more thing did you apply for supervise or simply TRV?

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
My parents had applied for a visitor visa (1st Sep) and today the "Final decision" in the account updated to this along with a passport request letter. Status of the application is still "Submitted" and the eligibility and background check is still reviewing/processing (they already had biometrics from previous application).

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details.

However, when compared to the update posted by other users in this thread it does not mention anything about "further instructions" from New Delhi Mission, e.g. this is what used to be the update after approval:

Did you guys receive any additional email or letter from Delhi mission after that status update? And when the status was updated, did they also issue a passport request letter?

VFS is supposedly closed till the end of Oct, so how do I send the passports then? That different status message (compared to others) is kinda confusing me, wondering if someone else is in similar scenario?
Hey Hi. Congratulations for application approval for your parents. Can you please tell me whether the passport request letter was issued from New Delhi mission (Embassy) or from Canada. It can be found atlast of the page where they sign it.
Also did they applied for the visa from Canada or from India?
Thanks

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Congratulations!! It’s a good news and that they ask for the passport. Cause I read somewhere on their website that some closed VAC can ask for passport to be stamped . Call them or email them to ask if you can courier them the passport. Me and some other members are waiting for the next step since last few months. It is really good to know if New Delhi vac is requesting passport. Please keep informing us. We will wait for you any update from you. Good luck.
Thanks! I have sent them a general as well as case specific enquiry to clarify passport submission procedure. We submitted online TRV application from India.

one more thing did you apply for supervise or simply TRV?
Simple TRV.

Hey Hi. Congratulations for application approval for your parents. Can you please tell me whether the passport request letter was issued from New Delhi mission (Embassy) or from Canada. It can be found atlast of the page where they sign it.
Also did they applied for the visa from Canada or from India?
Thanks
Thanks! We applied online from India.

I just checked the letters, it does not mention any specific location.

Dear <NAME>,

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.

Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

To find out where to send your passport, visit our website:
https://www.canada.ca/content/canadasite/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on your file.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

This message has been submitted to your account.

By submitting your application electronically, you have agreed to receive correspondence electronically.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Thanks! I have sent them a general as well as case specific enquiry to clarify passport submission procedure. We submitted online TRV application from India.

Simple TRV.

Oh nice i see. I think than the passport request has been generated from IRCC Canada. I don't know whether all passport requests generated from Canada or local country embassy.
Let see how you proceed from here as VFS office are closed in India for October month.
Please update us what steps you follow from here.
Thanks

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014&lt;br/&gt;Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)&lt;br/&gt;PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014&lt;br/&gt;Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015&lt;br/&gt;Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015&lt;br/&gt;Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015&lt;br/&gt;Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Oh nice i see. I think than the passport request has been generated from IRCC Canada. I don't know whether all passport requests generated from Canada or local country embassy.
Let see how you proceed from here as VFS office are closed in India for October month.
Please update us what steps you follow from here.
Thanks
Yea, waiting for their response now. I'll keep you guys posted.

Since the shutdown due to covid, has no one got a passport request from New Delhi? Or do you know any such cases that have a passport request letter but waiting for VFS to open?

Canadadream2009

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020

Since the shutdown due to covid, has no one got a passport request from New Delhi? Or do you know any such cases that have a passport request letter but waiting for VFS to open?

Simple TRV.

thank you so much for your reply. Please keep posting us the next step ahead as many of us are waiting for passport request on our approved applications. I did read on other threads in other countries like Abu Dhabi. Closed vac did request the passport via courier and stamped the visa. But if New Delhi is going to do the same thing it’s good for our applications as well. Good luck !!

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022

I don't think anyone has got passport request post lockdown. Let's see if more people start getting similar passport request soon.

Reactions: canuck78

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
I am Dubai, and no one in our group received any passport request after the AIP....hoping to receive them after 20th Oct 2020.... do keep us posted if you hear anything

A Grewal

Aug 4, 2020
"IRCC is now sending courier instructions to clients who previously received a passport request letter."
Apparently they are sending these to people who have already received a passport submission letter earlier. I saw the mail they have sent to such a person in a video. I think they will then focus on finalized applications after doing this and I hope they do it soon.
The link to the video showing the mail received ( at 0:45 ):

Reactions: Canadadream2009