+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Windsor September 2013 Applicants

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
Hi guys,
I am thinking of applying to Windsor for Fall-13 to Masters in Computer Science. My Profile: B.Tech(CSE)-80%-UPTU, TOEFL-98,GRE-305.
Is the Masters in Computer Science program at windsor is worth doing? P.S. I am waiting for a decision by Carleton but to be on safe side I am planning to apply at UWindsor. Should I go for it?
bro u have a nice profile y dont you apply for calgary or regina or victoria . they are much economical and more reputable.

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
johny13 said:
bro u have a nice profile y dont you apply for calgary or regina or victoria . they are much economical and more reputable.
@johny: I thought that but most of the university application deadlines are closed. further according to the ranking by http://www.4icu.org/ca/
the following are rankings of the universities you mentioned:
7 York University
Toronto
8 University of Calgary
Calgary
9 University of Victoria
Victoria

10 Université Laval
Quebec City
11 Queen's University
Kingston
12 McMaster University
one of our buddy on this forum with profile similar to mine got rejected by McMaster... thus I dont wanna take risk by applying to top-ranked universities (I already got rejected by UBC and UoAlberta :( )
Regina is ranked 27, and windsor is ranked 30.... regina deadlines are close :( windsor is accepting applications till May1.. what to do?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rupesh90 said:
@ johny: I thought that but most of the university application deadlines are closed. further according to the ranking by http://www.4icu.org/ca/
7 York University
Toronto
8 University of Calgary
Calgary
9 University of Victoria
Victoria

10 Université Laval
Quebec City
11 Queen's University
Kingston
12 McMaster University
one of our buddy on this forum with profile similar to mine got rejected by McMaster... thus I dont wanna take risk by applying to top-ranked universities (I already got rejected by UBC and UoAlberta :( )
Regina is ranked 27, and windsor is ranked 30.... regina deadlines are close :( windsor is accepting applications till May1.. what to do?
When you're talking about ranking; compare with different sources. I would lean towards Maclean's for this purpose. Wikipedia has listed based on Maclean's research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankings_of_universities_in_Canada

Another thing I wanted to share is that graduates from same province of the employer are sometimes preferred. Having said that, a uWindsor grad may be preferred over uRegina by an Ontario employer when both of them have similar profiles. But if you pass from top ranked uni; that would play less and less significance. So, I would rather choose a university where jobs are available if I want to stay in Canada. Truly, fresh grads still want to settle in Ontario from all over Canada.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Rossei said:
Another thing I wanted to share is that graduates from same province of the employer are sometimes preferred. Having said that, a uWindsor grad may be preferred over uRegina by an Ontario employer when both of them have similar profiles. But if you pass from top ranked uni; that would play less and less significance. So, I would rather choose a university where jobs are available if I want to stay in Canada. Truly, fresh grads still want to settle in Ontario from all over Canada.
Hello, Does this mean that university location plays more important role than its ranking in order to get a job .Here i am not talking of comparison b/w a high ranked university and a low ranked one ...here i am referring to the universities which have comparable ranking like university of windsor and university of regina or university of dalhousie.

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
@ johny: I thought that but most of the university application deadlines are closed. further according to the ranking by http://www.4icu.org/ca/
7 York University
Toronto
8 University of Calgary
Calgary
9 University of Victoria
Victoria

10 Université Laval
Quebec City
11 Queen's University
Kingston
12 McMaster University
i also got rejection from uvic and concordia and wating for a positive answer from windsor or regina although i have also applied for calgary but its really hard to get in there.
if you did not apply for any other uni then you should apply for windsor to avoid any mishep and according to my knowledge your profile is good enough for the u windsor.
u ill get offer from them INSHALLAH!!

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
sameerverma said:
Hello, Does this mean that university location plays more important role than its ranking in order to get a job .Here i am not talking of comparison b/w a high ranked university and a low ranked one ...here i am referring to the universities which have comparable ranking like university of windsor and university of regina or university of dalhousie.
yes the location is more important as one of my friend done his masters from UofT in area relatrd to manufacturing side but he did not find any job over there as there is shortage of industries on the other hand the graduate from regina found job easily as there are many oil and gas indutries also large work related to minning.

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
nevillek said:
Looks really scary. Only good for automobile jobs? Yikes! :'(

Applied for the Master of Management in Acctg there...
U will get in that Prog.
I did m MBA from Odette. You should call them up and ask whats the delay. Remember to call the Centre of Excellence for your admission.
MOm prog is Under them.

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Rossei said:
When you're talking about ranking; compare with different sources. I would lean towards Maclean's for this purpose. Wikipedia has listed based on Maclean's research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankings_of_universities_in_Canada

@Rossie: Hey frnd I need ur advice, as I had shared previously Carleton is my last and only option, but the decision has not come yet.
Regina's application deadlines are closed. Windsor is accepting application till May1....
If I get accepted by Carleton I'll never choose Windsor- Carleton told me that they need around 4 weeks to reply.... and by applying to Windsor, I dont want to waste CAD100 in that case but.. BUT if I got rejected by Carleton I'll be out of options... so should I apply to WIndsor, just to be on safe side..?? ANd in case I get rejected by Carleton this $100 would not matter at all... ::)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rupesh90 said:
@ Rossie: Hey frnd I need ur advice, as I had shared previously Carleton is my last and only option, but the decision has not come yet.
Regina's application deadlines are closed. Windsor is accepting application till May1....
If I get accepted by Carleton I'll never choose Windsor- Carleton told me that they need around 4 weeks to reply.... and by applying to Windsor, I dont want to waste CAD100 in that case but.. BUT if I got rejected by Carleton I'll be out of options... so should I apply to WIndsor, just to be on safe side..?? ANd in case I get rejected by Carleton this $100 would not matter at all... ::)
100 CAD = 5,300 INR may seem a lot; but it's not once you come down here. I would still apply to uWindsor just to be in the safe side.

Another thing I want to ask if you're looking for further studies after Masters. Those students who are good at programming or anything related to CS are normally hired within their UG period. They don't require Masters. On the other hand, some prefer to be in academic line and go further. If you're in later group, it may be hard to find a PhD in other universities once you do Masters from uWindsor (it's a fact). You may have to stick to this uni for a long run.

PS: It's Rossei and my ratings seem stuck :D

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Rossei said:
100 CAD = 5,300 INR may seem a lot; but it's not once you come down here. I would still apply to uWindsor just to be in the safe side.

Another thing I want to ask if you're looking for further studies after Masters. Those students who are good at programming or anything related to CS are normally hired within their UG period. They don't require Masters. On the other hand, some prefer to be in academic line and go further. If you're in later group, it may be hard to find a PhD in other universities once you do Masters from uWindsor (it's a fact). You may have to stick to this uni for a long run.

can any one tell me that how much time uni of Windsor ill take to finalize the offer when the status is saying referred to department

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
johny13 said:
can any one tell me that how much time uni of Windsor ill take to finalize the offer when the status is saying referred to department
Normally, all the Winter semester finals are held from 2nd to 3rd week of April. The faculties remain quite busy with exam papers and marking for following 2 weeks. Few/some go on break/vac right after this.

I'm not sure but this may cause delay as Masters applications are reviewed by each department carefully.

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Rossei said:

Hi Rossie, Today I received an offer from Humber College for IT-solutions Enterprise Development, well its a good program mainly focusing on programming and real time development skills... I am good at programming(well I think that ::)) and I am getting programming jobs right now(after my UG) but I wanted to do masters or PG course so that in future I can opt to some research based works(BTW programming is not much fun in long term :-X ) ..... And I want to do PhD in future .... Now I am waiting for a decision from Carleton University.. if I get accepted by them then I wil opt for Carleton without any second thought. But If I got rejected by them(god forbid) then I will have to choose another option.. right now I have option of Humber but some guys told me that studying at universities are better than college... because most of the universities are closed for Fall-13 my question is: should I apply to uWindsor(with no future for PhD from other Universities) or stick to Humber as last option?? Can I opt for PhD if I did my "Ontario College Graduate Certificate" from Humber????
P.S.: main reason of doing higher education is, indeed, being able to stay and work in Canada.. isnt it?? :D

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
Rupesh90 said:
Hi Rossie, Today I received an offer from Humber College for IT-solutions Enterprise Development, well its a good program mainly focusing on programming and real time development skills... I am good at programming(well I think that ::)) and I am getting programming jobs right now(after my UG) but I wanted to do masters or PG course so that in future I can opt to some research based works(BTW programming is not much fun in long term :-X ) ..... And I want to do PhD in future .... Now I am waiting for a decision from Carleton University.. if I get accepted by them then I wil opt for Carleton without any second thought. But If I got rejected by them(god forbid) then I will have to choose another option.. right now I have option of Humber but some guys told me that studying at universities are better than college... because most of the universities are closed for Fall-13 my question is: should I apply to uWindsor(with no future for PhD from other Universities) or stick to Humber as last option?? Can I opt for PhD if I did my "Ontario College Graduate Certificate" from Humber????
P.S.: main reason of doing higher education is, indeed, being able to stay and work in Canada.. isnt it?? :D
Don't go for Windsor............Better think about other colleges which give co-op as part of their curriculum.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Rupesh90 said:
Things to notice:

(1) If you want to do PhD, it's always better to be in a university rather than in a college. I'm not sure if a PG diploma will suffice towards direct PhD. I don't think it will and therefore, you may have to pursue Masters from a university after a PG diploma.
(2) In Canada, a PhD in CS would be over-qualified for the jobs available. We don't have IBM R&D or some kind who hire these people. So, your best bet would be in academic line (professor-ship).
(3) uWindsor grads find it very difficult to do higher studies in other reputed universities.

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
HELP! My u windsor account is not working properly. Is it a general problem or its particularly with me . Reply plz bcoz I have to check my application status.