+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Windsor September 2013 Applicants

arun_kumar

Mar 29, 2013
sameerverma said:
Hello,

Can anybody tell me about the review of MEng programme in Electrical and Computer Engineering at University of Windsor in terms of Job opportunities one can get after passing out and as i heard that Windsor is known for its automobile industry so whether an applicant whose studies is not related with this sector can find job in his field?
First of all Windsor is very close to USA (Michigan) and many industries from Michigan visit this university for graduate recruitment. Also , some programs in University of Michigan (either east,west,south,north) are in collateral with University of Windsor and thus companies mostly visiting Universities in Michigan , visit Windsor.....And remember its just 15-30 min drive frm Windsor to US and thus a lot of added advantage

Now, automobile industries mainly recruit mechanical students but their next choice is students from ECE. Obvious, since who exactly designs the electrical part of vehicles????? So work hard if you get there and try to bring fame and name to you and your country :) :p

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013

rasel

Apr 23, 2011
Canada.
Visa Office......
VFS Singapore
App. Filed.......
20-05-2013
IELTS Request
7 (L: 7.5, R, W: 6.5, S: 7)
File Transfer...
27-05-2013
Med's Request
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
30-08-2013
Rossei said:
If you have already got accepted in 3 other universities; why on earth are you waiting for Uni of Windsor; especially when you proved that they are "unprofessional"?

FYI, the public service/system in Canada is pretty slow. Besides, uWindsor highly depends on Int'l students as Canadians (good students) normally don't want to get a degree from here for its reputation.

I'm a uWindsor grad. I will elaborate later when I find time to point out some of your misconception I've been reading in this thread.
Dear Rossei, I wasn't wanted to hurt ur feelings about uWindsor. Actually, they make me full of irritation by their slow application process. I knock them multiple times to start my application process but they couldn't give me any proper reason of delay.

I already accepted the offer from Memorial University of Newfoundland with funding. So, uWindsor would give me offer or not it doesn't matter to me now. But still I have the right to know their judgment because I paid them CAD$100 for my application processing, not to leave my papers on their desk. I just talked about my other 3 universities acceptance to compare the application process timing with uWindsor. I think Memorial University or uRegina took more pressure of application than uWindsor. If MUN or uRegina can finish their process within 3 months, than why uWindsor cann't start their valuation at least??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rasel said:
Dear Rossei, I wasn't wanted to hurt ur feelings about uWindsor. Actually, they make me full of irritation by their slow application process. I knock them multiple times to start my application process but they couldn't give me any proper reason of delay.

I already accepted the offer from Memorial University of Newfoundland with funding. So, uWindsor would give me offer or not it doesn't matter to me now. But still I have the right to know their judgment because I paid them CAD$100 for my application processing, not to leave my papers on their desk. I just talked about my other 3 universities acceptance to compare the application process timing with uWindsor. I think Memorial University or uRegina took more pressure of application than uWindsor. If MUN or uRegina can finish their process within 3 months, than why uWindsor cann't start their valuation at least??
I've already replied to your PM.

No hard feelings!!! :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Since this thread is made for UofW applicants; I wanted to share my thoughts and experience on this university. I did my full undergrad (2005-10) in Electrical Engineering - B.A.Sc from there.

Facts:
(1) It's a mid-sized university with approximately 15,000 UG students and only 1,000 Grad students.
(2) It's categorized as a comprehensive university which means it has competitive UG programs and fair bit of research.
(3) It has always been ranked in the mid range of all Canadian universities. It ranks 10th among the comprehensive universities and would probably rank between 16 to 20 out of all (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankings_of_universities_in_Canada).
(4) It's sort of well known for automotive engineering, law, nursing and education programs.

Advantages:
(1) It has orthodox campus. It's not like UofToronto or any downtown university where you have to go from building to building on high traffic streets. Rather it has nice calm and quiet campus which to me is students friendly.
(2) It has a very good Career Centre (http://www.uwindsor.ca/cce/)
(3) It has a good Int'l Students Centre (http://www.uwindsor.ca/isc/) who assist a lot in SP, WP, TRV applications/extensions.
(4) It has a diverse environment both among students and faculties.
(5) The new engineering building may open new doors to innovation and technology
(6) It has a renowned sports team named Windsor Lancers
(7) The city offers lower cost of living
(8 ) The city of Windsor is in the most southern part of Canada. As a result, the winter isn't as harsh as any other place in Canada (except Vancouver).
(9) Detroit, MI, USA is also 10 min drive from this university. Windsor-Detroit is the most busiest border in Canada.

Disadvantages:
(1) Employers and other institutions are very much aware of the university's reputation. Local Windsor employers won't have much choices but any other across the country would keep it at the bottom level when hiring.
(2) The drive force of Windsor was automotive industries. But sadly, it collapsed 5/6 years back. Few Ford and GM plats shut down and the remaining are facing challenges, thus impacting unemployment and local economy. It also affects UofW because a university's funding and research projects largely depends on local companies. Many I know had to find a job in Detroit after losing in Windsor.
(3) The faculties of UofW aren't top class. I may not have a PhD to talk about professors but I can talk bluntly about Electrical & Computer Engineering department. This if full of Persian professors. They run their own politics and hire tons of Masters students from Iran and other middle-eastern countries. I'm not being racist but at times I felt I could teach my GA. I've talked with other Int'l students from Computer Science and Business; they weren't satisfied either. The reason again lies behind the university's reputation. It cannot afford a good prof and good prof will not want to come to a non-reputed university (same goes with Canadian students).
(4) It doesn't have full medical school and limited PhD programs and without these facilities, it will never reach top 10 of Canada.

I'm not trying to discourage you to get into the university I passed from. All I'm trying to draw a true picture before you so that you know what you're getting into. It still depends on the individual how he/she studies and excels and thus nails an interview to get a job in order to settle down.

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
johny13 said:
25k+uni app fee 13k
Hey so they charged u 25 K Consultation fee

13 K uni application fee

How much did they charge you for Visa application fee. And Did u pay them or deposit directly in bank ?

Whats ur Visa application status.

johny13

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
i did not apply for visa yet as i am waiting for the offer from university of windsor.
how much they charged from you?

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Rossei said:
Since this thread is made for UofW applicants; I wanted to share my thoughts and experience on this university. I did my full undergrad (2005-10) in Electrical Engineering - B.A.Sc from there.

Facts:
(1) It's a mid-sized university with approximately 15,000 UG students and only 1,000 Grad students.
(2) It's categorized as a comprehensive university which means it has competitive UG programs and fair bit of research.
(3) It has always been ranked in the mid range of all Canadian universities. It ranks 10th among the comprehensive universities and would probably rank between 16 to 20 out of all (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rankings_of_universities_in_Canada).
(4) It's sort of well known for automotive engineering, law, nursing and education programs.

Advantages:
(1) It has orthodox campus. It's not like UofToronto or any downtown university where you have to go from building to building on high traffic streets. Rather it has nice calm and quiet campus which to me is students friendly.
(2) It has a very good Career Centre (http://www.uwindsor.ca/cce/)
(3) It has a good Int'l Students Centre (http://www.uwindsor.ca/isc/) who assist a lot in SP, WP, TRV applications/extensions.
(4) It has a diverse environment both among students and faculties.
(5) The new engineering building may open new doors to innovation and technology
(6) It has a renowned sports team named Windsor Lancers
(7) The city offers lower cost of living
(8 ) The city of Windsor is in the most southern part of Canada. As a result, the winter isn't as harsh as any other place in Canada (except Vancouver).
(9) Detroit, MI, USA is also 10 min drive from this university. Windsor-Detroit is the most busiest border in Canada.

Disadvantages:
(1) Employers and other institutions are very much aware of the university's reputation. Local Windsor employers won't have much choices but any other across the country would keep it at the bottom level when hiring.
(2) The drive force of Windsor was automotive industries. But sadly, it collapsed 5/6 years back. Few Ford and GM plats shut down and the remaining are facing challenges, thus impacting unemployment and local economy. It also affects UofW because a university's funding and research projects largely depends on local companies. Many I know had to find a job in Detroit after losing in Windsor.
(3) The faculties of UofW aren't top class. I may not have a PhD to talk about professors but I can talk bluntly about Electrical & Computer Engineering department. This if full of Persian professors. They run their own politics and hire tons of Masters students from Iran and other middle-eastern countries. I'm not being racist but at times I felt I could teach my GA. I've talked with other Int'l students from Computer Science and Business; they weren't satisfied either. The reason again lies behind the university's reputation. It cannot afford a good prof and good prof will not want to come to a non-reputed university (same goes with Canadian students).
(4) It doesn't have full medical school and limited PhD programs and without these facilities, it will never reach top 10 of Canada.

I'm not trying to discourage you to get into the university I passed from. All I'm trying to draw a true picture before you so that you know what you're getting into. It still depends on the individual how he/she studies and excels and thus nails an interview to get a job in order to settle down.
Thanks Rossei Bhai,
Very helpful information.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all... Nice to see you guys talking about UofWindsor... One of my elder brother completed his masters from there and now working at ford... recently my wife has applied for Interdisciplinary MA in Social Data Analysis... so I just want to know if you have any idea about the course outline and faculty... hope to get your response... :)

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi mgmbbd, what course did your brother complete? Are the job opportunities good after getting a Masters from there?

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Hi mgmbbd, what course did your brother complete? Are the job opportunities good after getting a Masters from there?
he did his ms in computer science... that also way back in 2001... job prospect is good as far as job related to automobiles concern and some other specific fields are also in demand sometimes 8)...

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Looks really scary. Only good for automobile jobs? Yikes! :'(

Applied for the Master of Management in Acctg there...

458 Bridge

Apr 15, 2013
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
NOC Code......
Engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19- 04-2013
Med's Request
9-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
johny13 said:
i did not apply for visa yet as i am waiting for the offer from university of windsor.
how much they charged from you?

25 K for consultation fee
13 K uni application fee
Total 37, 000 Rs on the Beginning.

13k for Visa application ( We paid that in the bank)

Rupesh90

Star Member
Apr 20, 2013
Hi guys,
I am thinking of applying to Windsor for Fall-13 to Masters in Computer Science. My Profile: B.Tech(CSE)-80%-UPTU, TOEFL-98,GRE-305.
Is the Masters in Computer Science program at windsor is worth doing? P.S. I am waiting for a decision by Carleton but to be on safe side I am planning to apply at UWindsor. Should I go for it?