+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Windsor September 2013 Applicants

puneet28

Mar 7, 2013
Well studying abroad is my secondary option. I am preparing for GATE to do masters in India, preferably IITs or Top NITs

With my academic record, what you would suggest me ? Because studying abroad is pure investment and I just want to be assured that after masters, I can get into a good job. (although that depends on hardwork/grades etc.)

You mentioned McMaster University, any info about job placement for McMaster ?

What exactly is course duration for Masters ? 2years ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
puneet28 said:
Well studying abroad is my secondary option. I am preparing for GATE to do masters in India, preferably IITs or Top NITs

With my academic record, what you would suggest me? Because studying abroad is pure investment and I just want to be assured that after masters, I can get into a good job. (although that depends on hardwork/grades etc.)

You mentioned McMaster University, any info about job placement for McMaster ?

What exactly is course duration for Masters ? 2years ?
First, I cannot suggest anything on academic results. For example in 2012, uWindsor, uMcMaster & uToronto have 35%, 59% & 96% engineering UG students respectively who had over 85% grade in HS [Source: Common University Data Ontario (CUDO)]. The grades are from university destination courses (eg. math & science). Fit yourself.

Secondly, M.Eng is normally #8~9 course based Masters program which can extend from 3 terms to 4 (1 to 1.5 yr). Plus any co-op terms. FYI, M.Eng is no where close to M.A.Sc/M.Sc (research-based) and the later generally takes 2 years.

Coming back to the bold text I've highlighted, studying abroad can be considered as investment when you plan to go back to India after post-grad. You'll want to see more opportunities, higher pay-grade etc. after getting a North-American certificate. But similar things cannot be said if you want to settle down here in Canada. One almost has to do whatever has been offered to him after graduation.

Lastly, none can ASSURE you a "good" job after M.Eng no matter what your results are. In engineering, 'experience' is valued more than 'academic result' in securing a job. Moreover, research-based masters is respected more than course-based M. Eng. Hence, co-op/internship is a MUST for engineering students in Canada.

puneet28

Mar 7, 2013
Thanks very much for you useful replies.

Can you please elaborate more on co-op/internship means, eligibility criteria for it. I read somewhere there are very limited seats in it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
puneet28 said:
Thanks very much for you useful replies.

Can you please elaborate more on co-op/internship means, eligibility criteria for it. I read somewhere there are very limited seats in it.
I made a post a while back on Co-op, here is the forum link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/introducing-you-to-coop-program-t132538.0.html

And yes, you heard right. It's very limited to post-grad programs.

garry gill1991

Jul 31, 2013
i have applied for M.eng- industrial engineering in university of windsor jan 2014 intake.....can anyone tell me wats deadline for sending documents and how to send them-especially ielts score???
plzz help

icydev

Sep 20, 2013
Rossei said:
I made a post a while back on Co-op, here is the forum link:

And yes, you heard right. It's very limited to post-grad programs.
I have done my engineering from pune India and applying for MOM in logistics course from Windsor univ Odette school of business through a agent from CUAC.
Read a review about Master of management from this Univ is not that good, hence concerned about it.

As u have told over here that Master of management form Windsor is not that good I a bit skeptical about joining this course. As MBA course is from is from Sept 2014 only , I want to start my masters in Jan 2014 only so would be applying for MOM(logistics) only.

can u tell me is MOM that bad or is it OK in medium category compared to mba. Also i want to do it in Logistics , what are the job prospects after completing MOM(logistics) from it. Will employers not prefer me because i have done masters and not MBA.What chance do I stand to get a job in Windsor, Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver. Is my MOM valid in US and Europe . can i get job there?

What I have heard is there is good demand for Logistics professionals in Canada and "US, Europe. So MOM in Logistics a worthy option or should i drop my plan for it as it will be very expensive for me because of high tuition fee. Also how is the job scenario in Canada as of now. are there many jobs available or some kind of recession with very few jobs.

Please guide me about this as u have studied there and working there, so ur the most reliable person to ask.

I will be really indebted to you for solving my queries.

Thanking you.

trishik

Dec 3, 2013
what are my chances of getting admission in masters of engineering program in windsor ? i have like 66% in b.tech with 12-13 backlogs and my consultant told me that u can't apply for any good university bcz u have lot of backlogs and i have 7 bands in ilets L=8.5,R=7,S=6,W=6.

DarpanMk

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
hey guys,
All those who have got admitted in windsor at sept13, pls. guide me for accomodation and the things to know as i got admitted in Jan14 in MEng of electrical.

I will be flying to canada by the end of this month.
Pls. guide me guys

Cheers
DarpanMk

nadi002

Dec 1, 2013
Faisalabad
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
n.zaman said:
Good to know that because I m hopefully going to UofWindsor in the coming session. Currently waiting for the visa. My course is M.Eng( Electrical ) but its a 1 year course so really tough to get a job with 1 year PGWP.

Thanks,
Hi bro I am accepted for MEng in ECE at UoW for summer 2014. can anyone tell me how much duration this course requires ???
I mean MEng in ECE is 1 yea rcourse or 2???

DarpanMk

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
nadi002 said:
Hi bro I am accepted for MEng in ECE at UoW for summer 2014. can anyone tell me how much duration this course requires ???
I mean MEng in ECE is 1 yea rcourse or 2???
MEng is for 3 sems, each of 4 months which totals to 1 year. But that means u can complete ur course in min. 3 sems (1 and 1/2 years) or max by 3 sems (2 and 1/2 years)

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
i started my mba in uWindsor... its extremely intense here ... more than you can imagine as you have to complete 20 courses in only 13 months ! compared to 20 months of other universities...
demand of mba of uwindsor is good in windsor city i believe.. i dont know about in other cities /torato... but, if ofcourse unis based on toronto has more chances of being employed in toronto ...

our mba is almost a co-op... we are attached, all through the program with companies like chrysler, royal bank etc ... and make report and everything ... one group in our class is attached with the billion $ company in USA ... over 13 months ...

we started with 43 students in sep ... 1 students already dropped out coz you have to maintain 70% marks as minimum...

highest gmat was 700 and lowest was 521 ... average gmat was 570... these info officially provided by our mba office...

i slept only 20 minutes over 48 hours due to report submission and exams ... its that intense .. i think its a great program...

tuition is 33k inclusive of all for int'l students ....

all 43 students are guaranteed to get Research Assistant / TA position which will give you almost 8k in a year...

10 out of 43 students will get GA positions in dept which will give you almost 15k a year ....

part time jobs are there ... but, its difficult to work if you do this mba ...

average cost is i guess 700-900 per month....

its a great place to live in windsor...

what else !

DarpanMk

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Ahmedabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2013
tomsware said:
i started my mba in uWindsor... its extremely intense here ... more than you can imagine as you have to complete 20 courses in only 13 months ! compared to 20 months of other universities...
demand of mba of uwindsor is good in windsor city i believe.. i dont know about in other cities /torato... but, if ofcourse unis based on toronto has more chances of being employed in toronto ...

our mba is almost a co-op... we are attached, all through the program with companies like chrysler, royal bank etc ... and make report and everything ... one group in our class is attached with the billion $ company in USA ... over 13 months ...

we started with 43 students in sep ... 1 students already dropped out coz you have to maintain 70% marks as minimum...

highest gmat was 700 and lowest was 521 ... average gmat was 570... these info officially provided by our mba office...

i slept only 20 minutes over 48 hours due to report submission and exams ... its that intense .. i think its a great program...

tuition is 33k inclusive of all for int'l students ....

all 43 students are guaranteed to get Research Assistant / TA position which will give you almost 8k in a year...

10 out of 43 students will get GA positions in dept which will give you almost 15k a year ....

part time jobs are there ... but, its difficult to work if you do this mba ...

average cost is i guess 700-900 per month....

its a great place to live in windsor...

what else !
And hows the accommodation there?
Which area should i look for stay which is near univ. and safe?

jass bhatia

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the situation for the availability of part time jobs around Windsor??

john310

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
DarpanMk said:
hey guys,
All those who have got admitted in windsor at sept13, pls. guide me for accomodation and the things to know as i got admitted in Jan14 in MEng of electrical.

I will be flying to canada by the end of this month.
Pls. guide me guys

Cheers
DarpanMk
HI DarpanMk PLEASE CAN YOU TELL ME MUCH IS THE TUITION FEE DEPOSIT FOR WINDSOR . THANKS