+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Saskatchewan

benevolent

Apr 1, 2018
I contacted the computer science department directly. If you contact the school of graduate studies instead, they will tell you to do exactly that.

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
I contacted the computer science department directly. If you contact the school of graduate studies instead, they will tell you to do exactly that.
This is what the department wrote to me in January 25th
" Hello Isaac(BID Xxxxxxxx) , I have completed pre-screening your application for fall 2018.Your application will be reviewed among other applications between January 15th and March 15th.

I have the below comments/concerns:
· Your grade average your most recent transcript meets the requirements for financial aid, though I cannot advise you of the chances of being awarded it as it depends on multiple variables. If your application is accepted into the program I will automatically nominate you for all awards that we feel you are a good fit for.

· I have confirmed you are exempt from providing English test results, the requirement has been removed from your application

Please include your BID in all communication to any staff, faculty, or advisor at the University of Saskatchewan.

Mathematics Department

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
They again sent me this

"Original Message-----
From: grad.applications@usask.ca [mailto:grad.applications@usask.ca]
Sent: October 20, 2017 9:51 AM
To: mathgrad@math.usask.ca
Subject: Your Application for Graduate Studies at the University of Saskatchewan

A request for admission to the Master of Science-Thesis program has been received.

BID: xxxxxxxx

Name: Isaac xxxxxxx

Program: Master of Science-Thesis

Major: MATH

Application Term: 201809

Applicant email address: xxxxxx.com

There may be more than one application. The current application for processing is: 2.

Following is the text of the confirmation e-mail sent to this applicant.

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
They again sent me this

"Original Message-----
From: grad.applications@usask.ca [mailto:grad.applications@usask.ca]
Sent: October 20, 2017 9:51 AM
To: mathgrad@math.usask.ca
Subject: Your Application for Graduate Studies at the University of Saskatchewan

A request for admission to the Master of Science-Thesis program has been received.

BID: xxxxxxxx

Name: Isaac xxxxxxx

Program: Master of Science-Thesis

Major: MATH

Application Term: 201809

Applicant email address: xxxxxx.com

There may be more than one application. The current application for processing is: 2.

Following is the text of the confirmation e-mail sent to this applicant.
But I've not heard from them since then and am worried so much.

benevolent

Apr 1, 2018
But I've not heard from them since then and am worried so much.
Since there is nothing pending from your side (like contacting supervisors) to be accepted, I think you just wait and see the outcome. They have already given you an indication of acceptance, but they will compare your application against many other applicants. Therefore, it is not really conclusive. All you can do now is wait and see. If you are meant to get it, you will. Best of luck, mate.

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Since there is nothing pending from your side (like contacting supervisors) to be accepted, I think you just wait and see the outcome. They have already given you an indication of acceptance, but they will compare your application against many other applicants. Therefore, it is not really conclusive. All you can do now is wait and see. If you are meant to get it, you will. Best of luck, mate.
Thanks bro.

Kemmyann

Apr 2, 2018
Hi applied for my sister January for Masters in Education for fall2018.was told offers will be in April.

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
You should start applying in some other university because you wont get an offer from here. You would have got an offere to apply formally if some supervisor had agreed. But it seems like no one wants to supervise you at this moment, so I would suggest you not to waste time and look for other universities.
Remember if you dont hear from them in 40 days of submitting your pre qualification form then you wont get accepted.
I agree with you. Sometime last year when I was still looking for supervisor for MSc Biochemistry I asked them if I apply without getting a supervisor will I be accepted. The response I got was NO that I must get a supervisor who is willing to accept me as his/her student that way am sure of getting admission. From what I saw online almost all schools, for thesis based course you must get a supervisor before applying. You might just be lucky if a professor still has a slot for a student. Just hope for the best.

Reactions: benevolent

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Ah! I don't know if Saskatchewan university has already selected their applicants without telling us or not. They should at least say something to us to relieve us from stress rather than keeping people thinking.
Pls has anyone receive any update yet?

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Nothing yet. My program is to start mid August. Complete ready for review is my status. You have bid code why not contact them.
Ah! I don't know if Saskatchewan university has already selected their applicants without telling us or not. They should at least say something to us to relieve us from stress rather than keeping people thinking.
Pls has anyone receive any update yet?

Papa Ike

Star Member
Mar 2, 2018
Nothing yet. My program is to start mid August. Complete ready for review is my status. You have bid code why not contact them.
They said we should avoid contacting them. For they shall provide us with any update. That's why I've not contacted them. But I will wait for some few days if I don't hear anything from them then I will contact them.
Have also contacted your department?

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Same as my dept. The last time I sent them an email sometime in March they said the admission decision will be done by the school of graduate studies. I want to believe by next week we shall all hear from them.
They said we should avoid contacting them. For they shall provide us with any update. That's why I've not contacted them. But I will wait for some few days if I don't hear anything from them then I will contact them.
Have also contacted your department?

Guler

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
I got an answer for fall 2018. I was rejected. No explanation. But no mind. Afterall I applied only to 1 university and for the first time for abroad. I will try again and hope one day I will be successful. Thanks you all for support. And wish you the best.

indersingh

Mar 28, 2018
I got an answer for fall 2018. I was rejected. No explanation. But no mind. Afterall I applied only to 1 university and for the first time for abroad. I will try again and hope one day I will be successful. Thanks you all for support. And wish you the best.
I really sorry for you....I hope you will do great in future

Last edited:

Kammi

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
It is well with you. I wish you all the best.