+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

University of Saskatchewan Applicants Fall 2020

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have recieved a correspondence letter from Ottawa containing the confirmation of my biometric validity. Once I gave my Bio 70 days age, It was updated on my account right away. Why should I recieve this letter again??
The biometric confirmation letter is usually followed by the final decision/other letters. You may receive AIP/decision soon. Pls update us!

Abouzar

Nov 4, 2017
The biometric confirmation letter is usually followed by the final decision/other letters. You may receive AIP/decision soon. Pls update us!
Thanks for the reply.
How likely is it to be rejected after I receive this letter??

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I just applied but no response yet.
Hello, I have applied for a Ph.D. in electrical engineering and got an update yesterday that a decision is made. The decision says "Dept Recommend - Conditional". They told me I should expect the admission offer letter in max 2 weeks.

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hey,

I have applied for SP and SOWP for my spouse just yesterday. I am a scholarship holder to pursue my P.hD at the University of Saskatchewan. I am applying from Italy.

Last week, when I have checked the SP processing time it was just 4 weeks and WP processing time was 7 weeks. But when I have checked them today, the SP processing time changed to 18 weeks :mad: and WP processing time stayed the same. I can also see the SP processing of most countries have increased. Do you have any idea why?

Thanks,
Aman

jpfortes2

Dec 5, 2020
Hey guys, my name is Joao Paulo and I applied for a chemistry PhD program at USASK. I am really anxious cause my application is taking forever to be processed. There was a change though "Decision Made" and "Admission Deferred". Does anyone know what it means? Is it a good thing???

I am pretty anxious here hahaha

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hey guys, my name is Joao Paulo and I applied for a chemistry PhD program at USASK. I am really anxious cause my application is taking forever to be processed. There was a change though "Decision Made" and "Admission Deferred". Does anyone know what it means? Is it a good thing???

I am pretty anxious here hahaha
Hi Paulo, I am Aman and I will start my PhD at Usask in the winter term. You status is good news. You have been admitted. But your admission is defered to the next semester, maybe because you have asked for it or the school thinks the decision was made late and you could not get the visa on time. Please contact your department advisor for a better information. There is nothing to worry about. Good Luck

jpfortes2

Dec 5, 2020
Really? OMG such a good news! Congrats for your PhD which program??? Yeah I asked to change from Winter to spring cause I wouldnt have enough time to apply for the Visa, this COVID 19 delayed everything here in Brazil.

But thank you so much I am more calm now haha Lets keep hoping for the best

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Really? OMG such a good news! Congrats for your PhD which program??? Yeah I asked to change from Winter to spring cause I wouldnt have enough time to apply for the Visa, this COVID 19 delayed everything here in Brazil.

But thank you so much I am more calm now haha Lets keep hoping for the best
Hi, thanks for your kind words. My Ph.D. program is in Electrical Engineering. Do you have funding (Scholarship) from your supervisor? If so, your visa application should be easy and smooth. Mine was approved in just 26 days. Let's keep in touch and I hope to see you one day at the university. Good Luck

jpfortes2

Dec 5, 2020
Hey Aman! Yeah I got the scholarship from my advisor!He even wrote me a reseach statement signed by him before I started my official application, he was so nice! Your words about my application status have calmed me down a little bit.

He wanted me to start my PhD in January but my master's degree have been delayed due to covid-19 so we scheduled my start to May, that's maybe the reason its taking forever to send me the letter of approval.

Sorry to write this much, but you have been in the same situation as me and you know how anxious we get haha Didi you receive the letter by mail? By e-mail? How did you know you have been approved?

jpfortes2@gmail.com

This is my e-mail.

Aman Samson Mogos

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hey Aman! Yeah I got the scholarship from my advisor!He even wrote me a reseach statement signed by him before I started my official application, he was so nice! Your words about my application status have calmed me down a little bit.

He wanted me to start my PhD in January but my master's degree have been delayed due to covid-19 so we scheduled my start to May, that's maybe the reason its taking forever to send me the letter of approval.

Sorry to write this much, but you have been in the same situation as me and you know how anxious we get haha Didi you receive the letter by mail? By e-mail? How did you know you have been approved?

jpfortes2@gmail.com

This is my e-mail.
Hi, the college of graduate and postdoctoral studies will send you an official admission offer letter. This letter should be sent to you within two weeks from the date of the decision. For me, they have sent me in five days. The letter will specify the conditions that you have to fulfil to be able to register at the university. They might include sending your B.Sc and M.Sc official transcripts directly from your previous schools and IELTS exam.

jpfortes2

Dec 5, 2020
Hi, the college of graduate and postdoctoral studies will send you an official admission offer letter. This letter should be sent to you within two weeks from the date of the decision. For me, they have sent me in five days. The letter will specify the conditions that you have to fulfil to be able to register at the university. They might include sending your B.Sc and M.Sc official transcripts directly from your previous schools and IELTS exam.

Hey Aman, how are you man? How did you receive your letter? By email?