+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

HarryQuake

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi All, I just received GCMS notes. There are no "Security Screening" mentioned inside. But some information and status related to security seems hidden. Please help, is my application is under security screening or not? Thx a lot

steph_2015

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi,

I received my GCMS notes and it say: Status inquiry from PA via email.
Do you know what does PA mean here?

1) Look at the 2nd page under Assessments. There see if Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Medical, Info sharing, etc. passed.

2) Find Admissibilities section (it should be in the middle, mine is on pages 48-49) to see if Security check has started/dates.

3) Go to Activities section which should be closer to the end of notes (mine is around page 100) and see how many activities do you have. This section used to tell if someone was under security screening or not. But there is a rumor that it no longer does. At least you will see how many security-related activities are there.

4) Finally, go to the notes (should be last few pages) and read the notes written by the officer, agent, etc. These will give you an idea on your application progress.

The rest of the GCMS notes are not much helpful.

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Hi,
Got my GCMS notes. Only Security check statuses are blank and all others, says passed.
How will I be able to find whether I am in SS or not?
Thanks,
Senthil

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hi All and @legalfalcon

I received my gcms notes and the eligibility is under review. I've typed most part of the note where it says review required. Is there something to be worried about? I worked for a top investment bank and they do not provide a detailed job duty letter to any employee and no colleague could either help me with the same. That's where they've raised an issue. The note is dated 9th March 2018 and my AOR is 7th feb 2018

RECOMMENDATION: Review required SUMMARY NOTES: UNABLE TO VERIFY PA HAS ON YEAR OF WORK EXPERIENCE IN DECLARED PRIMARY NOC BASED ON DOCUMENTATION PROVIDED A11.2: Appears Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS/Funds: Appeard Met FSW points total: 77 Ready to Finalise RPRF: Complete
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comprehensive Raking System(CRS) Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 446 CRS points minimum score for round: 439 CRS score at application(APR) 441 I have reviewed the following CRS points: PA gained points as MARRIED at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3+ year(s) Foreign work experience with XXXXX & XXXXX & XXXXX
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): No trace for all other than present application
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAMILY COMPOSITION: MARRIED since 2011, marriage certificate on file; Spouse is ACOMPANYING No indication of previous marriage/cl partners 1 child accompanying; Birth certificate reviewed: PA and Spouse listed as parents NOTE: SP'S NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR CHILD'S BIRTH CERT - AFFIDAVIT RE LEGAL CHANGE OF NAME EDOC, MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more, PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more
EXPERIENCE: Lock in date: 2018-02-07 Primary Occupation: NOC 1112 Financial and Investment Analysts EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master's Degree: Business Administration from XXXX; Bachelor's Degree: Management Studies from XXXXXX - Sr Operations Manager at XXXX - Letter .... .. ... . .....

*REVIEW REQUIRED* - Web based search confirms employer information NOTE: LOE CONFIRMS DECLARED WORK PERIOD AND JOB TITLE, JOB DUTIES NOT PROVIDED. PA HAS PROVIDED A SELF DECLARATION STATING JOB DUTIES CONSISTENT WITH DECLARED NOC HOWEVER UNABLE TO CONFIRM BASED ON INFORMATION PROVIDED FROM COMPANY; PA DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE EDUCATION CREDENTIALS CONSISTENT WITH FINANCIAL DUTIES

Please help me

nasif

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
Nomination.....
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-02-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
Hi All and @legalfalcon

Just need some clarification. I applied for my express entry CEC on March 28,2018. Medicals passed on April 6 and IP2 on April 12. I called cic on May 16, and they said on my file it shows eligibility not met and last time they worked on my file was April 16. My application still in progress, any idea what is going on or anyone with similar case who successfully got their pr.There are no additional notes left on file by officer as to why eligibility is not met.

Cee Jay

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
Hello Guys,

I suddenly received this in my cic account. Did anyone get this before and what did you do. Cos am surprised since i have medical passed since Aug 2017. Suddenly Medical Section turned to from "Passed" to "We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details." Advise is needed.

Medical Examination Instructions
These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the refusal of your immigration application.

Who may complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Your medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the IRCC list of Panel Physicians. The list of Panel Physicians to find a doctor in your area:

How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible for processing your application as soon as possible.

Once your medical examination has been completed the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC for assessment. To obtain a copy of your Immigration Medical Examination please ask the panel physician at the time of your appointment.

Paying for your Immigration Medical Examination
Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable to the Panel Physician at the time of the examination. This payment is for the Panel Physician’s services and cannot be refunded even if your immigration application is refused or the validity period of your immigration medical examination expires.

Note: If you are eligible for coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), the costs related to your immigration medical examination will be covered by the IFHP. Please confirm with the Panel Physician in your area that they are registered with the IFHP.

What must I bring to my appointment?

IMPORTANT:
If you have a previous or existing medical condition, bring any medical reports, test results or prescriptions that you may have with you to your appointment. This may help reduce the time it takes for your application to be processed. • The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E) • Identification, including your passport if one is available. Proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document with photograph and signature, such as a passport or driver’s license. • Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn • Four recent photographs. You will need to bring these only if the doctor you select from the list of panel physicians does not work with IRCC via the eMedical system. Please check with the doctor’s office when you book your appointment • Interim Federal Health Certificate (IMM 5695) or Refugee Protection Claimant Document – for individuals eligible for coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)

s2patel48

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Calgary
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Yes
Just received GCMS notes :

criminality passed
eligibility passed
received pre-arrival

but on GCMS it says

Item: schedule 4 - Prov Nominees

Whats does that means ??

Thanks in Advance ...

Reactions: h.abdou30

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Should I put 'YES/NO' on the question:
*Are you requesting information on your own behalf?

I am the sponsor and my wife is the principal applicant. Her application is now in London Visa office but no update yet.

Thanks,

Said1985

Sep 7, 2017
Dubai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello Everyone
I need your help
According to latest GCMS notes that my application had been transferred again from LVO to CIO in Canada, and when we sent an email to LVO to check in which stage are we , they replied that your file is under background check in Canada , i passed the 11 mo. Since my AOR, PNP Outland
I passed elegibility, criminality, Medical and security in Canada before they shifted the file to London and in London i passed Medical, Eligibility then they transferred it to Canada again
Kindly advise why they transferred my app again to Canada
Thanks in advance

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Hello Everyone
I need your help
According to latest GCMS notes that my application had been transferred again from LVO to CIO in Canada, and when we sent an email to LVO to check in which stage are we , they replied that your file is under background check in Canada , i passed the 11 mo. Since my AOR, PNP Outland
I passed elegibility, criminality, Medical and security in Canada before they shifted the file to London and in London i passed Medical, Eligibility then they transferred it to Canada again
Kindly advise why they transferred my app again to Canada
Thanks in advance
Both the LVO and CIO are in Canada, frmo what you've mentioned it looks you're pretty ok however please note that the London office processing is generally really slow, so your application can take time to process.

Have patience and All the best

Said1985

Sep 7, 2017
Dubai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Both the LVO and CIO are in Canada, frmo what you've mentioned it looks you're pretty ok however please note that the London office processing is generally really slow, so your application can take time to process.

Have patience and All the best
Thanks a bunch