+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

Kanikananda

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
@legalfalcon

am AOR 5th Aug FSW applicant. I have been at NA2 for over 4 months now we got an ADR request rite in the first month for a representative form which was uploaded with in 4 days of the request further on we raised a CSE as our bank balance were not on bank letter heads so we shared stamped bank balance statements on bank letter heads
All this was in the last week of August. Post that till 8th Nov our ADR Status was "your documents have been uploaded " and on 8 Th Nov the status changed to "We need more documents we will send you a message with more details" adding an important point here our gcms notes were generated on 6th Nov so initially we thought the change in ADR status is because of the GCMS notes but to our surprise the status has been same for over a month now and this is making us worried.Please advice if we should mail NDVO or CIC and ask them if there is anything we have missed on while submitting the documents or we should just wait for them to contact us.

Also in my GCMS notes against the A11.2 decision ,FSW Minimum requirement , selection criteria FSW points they have written review required . and going with the discussion threads I have read Cases with Review Required have longer processing timelines than usual ... and review required against so many parameters here is making me really worried .

skaarraeem

Feb 18, 2016
hi
Can someone please help me understand why do some pages on my GCMS notes have S.15(1) on the right side top corner? What does it mean?
Is it Security Screening?
There is no mention of security screening anywhere on the notes.

Under Assessments section
Eligibility - Passed
Security - (Blank)
Criminality - Not Started
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete

@legalfalcon expert advice please

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
hi
Can someone please help me understand why do some pages on my GCMS notes have S.15(1) on the right side top corner? What does it mean?

Eligibility - Passed
Security - (Blank)
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete

Hi,
I have read over here that having s.15 on top right corners does means ss. You can search this forum & confirm it.
Wish you best of luck!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi

Eligibility - Passed
Security - (Blank)
Medical - Passed
Info Sharing - Complete

Some information is retracted due to security or other concerns. To read on s15 and s16 what what it means see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
I have read over here that having s.15 on top right corners does means ss. You can search this forum & confirm it.
Wish you best of luck!
Thais is absolutely incorrect. All GCMS notes have some information which is retracted and it does not mean SS. If you do not know the right info, please do not provide inaccurate information and unnecessarily create panic for others.

Reactions: Cynicalmonk

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

am AOR 5th Aug FSW applicant. I have been at NA2 for over 4 months now we got an ADR request rite in the first month for a representative form which was uploaded with in 4 days of the request further on we raised a CSE as our bank balance were not on bank letter heads so we shared stamped bank balance statements on bank letter heads
All this was in the last week of August. Post that till 8th Nov our ADR Status was "your documents have been uploaded " and on 8 Th Nov the status changed to "We need more documents we will send you a message with more details" adding an important point here our gcms notes were generated on 6th Nov so initially we thought the change in ADR status is because of the GCMS notes but to our surprise the status has been same for over a month now and this is making us worried.Please advice if we should mail NDVO or CIC and ask them if there is anything we have missed on while submitting the documents or we should just wait for them to contact us.

Also in my GCMS notes against the A11.2 decision ,FSW Minimum requirement , selection criteria FSW points they have written review required . and going with the discussion threads I have read Cases with Review Required have longer processing timelines than usual ... and review required against so many parameters here is making me really worried .
Most application are processed within 6 months or less. The 6 months processing time starts when the R10 is passed. Since your AoR is August 05, and you have met the Eligibility A11.2, I do not see any delay. Just be patient and soon you will see progress.

Pushpaacna

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thanks for your great efforts in helping us out here. Since many refer to you regarding their GCMS notes, did you find anything like the following from the notes you saw:

• The phrase 'Security Screening' in sub-activities under the Activities section of someone who got PPR within the 6 months time?

Many thanks!

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Thais is absolutely incorrect. All GCMS notes have some information which is retracted and it does not mean SS. If you do not know the right info, please do not provide inaccurate information and unnecessarily create panic for others.
I never said that "I know this". I did refer that I had " read over forum here". I just said what I have read. I will never say anything from my imagination , just trying to help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thanks for your great efforts in helping us out here. Since many refer to you regarding their GCMS notes, did you find anything like the following from the notes you saw:

• The phrase 'Security Screening' in sub-activities under the Activities section of someone who got PPR within the 6 months time?

Many thanks!
Most GCMS notes will has Security Screening. In total there are 4 such sub activities. YEs, many applicants who get PPR with 6 months also see it.

Canada822

May 30, 2017
Dear @legalfalcon , thank you very much for your efforts helping others.
I had a question, I received my notes and after reading it I wanted to ask... on the day of ip2, I see that there is something under NOTES with the label Adm( rest is eradicated).. then under activities starting from almost( activity 10) shows my name, uci and the word security in the activity type, then almost activities number 10, 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2 (some for me, some for secondary applicant) show the following sequence
Activity: (number)
Created date:
created by:
updated date:
updated by:
uci: written
name: written
no dates, no activity type and nothing at all, under admissibility, there is also the word security my name and UCI
any insights of what is actually going on because from what I see I find that people usually have 3 or something security activities.

Kanikananda

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Most application are processed within 6 months or less. The 6 months processing time starts when the R10 is passed. Since your AoR is August 05, and you have met the Eligibility A11.2, I do not see any delay. Just be patient and soon you will see progress.
@legalfalcon

I think there is some confusion as per GCMS received i have review required against A11.2 post which my file was transferred to NDVO.

spec246

Star Member
Dec 16, 2017
Hello, I recently got GCMS notes. I have already crossed 6 month time frame. The GCMS notes give the following information:
ASSESSMENTS Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
I am under security screening, so far 7 activities have been conducted under security screening.
APPLICATION
APPLICATION: 1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date: Updated By:
Field Name: Security
Action: Updated
Old Value:
New Value:
Office: CPC-Ottawa
APPLICATION: 2
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date: Updated By:
Old Value:
New Value:
APPLICATION: 3
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value: Not Started
New Value:
APPLICATION: 4
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Old Value:
New Value: Not Started
Office: GCMS-System
ACTIVITY: 1
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Security Screening
Field Name: Status
New Value:
ACTIVITY: 2
Created Date:
Created By:
New Value:
ACTIVITY: 3
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value: Not Started

ACTIVITY: 4
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value:
ACTIVITY: 5
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value:
ACTIVITY: 6
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value:
ACTIVITY: 7
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
New Value:

ACTIVITY: 8
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Non-compliance
New Value: Cancelled
ACTIVITY: 9
Created Date:
Created By:
Updated Date:
Updated By:
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
New Value: Passed
NOTES: 5
Text: FOSS/GCMS: NAI “‘ADMISSIBILITY*** Passed Based on information provided by PA for last 10
years: No A 35 or A37 concerns Satisfied PA meets all requirements

Notes 12:
Case Analyst:***Recommend Passed***
At the end of the notes it states "ready to finalize"

Can anyone give some details where my file is right now and what's actually happening. I raised 2 CSE. I was told in both that my file requires additional verification and that it's impossible to give approipriate processing time

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I think there is some confusion as per GCMS received i have review required against A11.2 post which my file was transferred to NDVO.
The eligibility is done in 2-3 stages. First an analyst will review and make a determination. It can be passed or review required. IF it is review required, then see the corresponding note and find is there are any concerns. If no concerns, then the officer or the officer at the LVO will make a final determination and your eligibility will be passed. Usually the LVO officers are given the final word due to their specialized training in the country.