App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
For how long are you stuck on ip2. Its been a month and a week for me on ip1 (ip2 dont apply to me as i am an outland)
hi
so what is the trend for outland applicants? Not started, IP, Not applicable, then what?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
hi
so what is the trend for outland applicants? Not started, IP, Not applicable, then what?
There is ppr after not started and ip1 in most of the cases. Ip1 however can stretch for months depending upon how long it takes for the conclusion of security check.

Ferasz

Nov 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Sep 2015
Doc's Request.
18 Oct 2016
Nomination.....
04 Nov 2016
AOR Received.
06 Dec 2016
There is ppr after not started and ip1 in most of the cases. Ip1 however can stretch for months depending upon how long it takes for the conclusion of security check.
Well my bg status was not started before the updates in March, and when updates were performed, the status changed to "next step is to conduct background checks" while the application was still in R10 as it was held for PC prescreening. Sometime last week bg changed to NA. I assume I have to wait for "we are processing you background checks" before PPR. Right?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Well my bg status was not started before the updates in March, and when updates were performed, the status changed to "next step is to conduct background checks" while the application was still in R10 as it was held for PC prescreening. Sometime last week bg changed to NA. I assume I have to wait for "we are processing you background checks" before PPR. Right?
Yes.

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Hi guys,

I just got the result of GCMS, here is the key point:

Primary office: CPC-Ottawa

Secondary office: CPC-Vegreville

Eligibility: Passed

Security:

HIRV:

Criminality: Passed

Misrepresentation:

Other Reqs:

Final:

Application assignment:

Assigned to: RS18***
Assigned by: SH*****

Due date: 2017/06/18

CEC -inland, AOR Jan 03, ME-Feb 24,BG 2-IP since April 05.

I called CIC and they said my file is still under security check.--I can see the security screening in my notes.

Anyone knows how to interpret the GCMS, Thanks.

Last edited:

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I just got the result of GCMS, here is the key point:

Primary office: CPC-Ottawa

Secondary office: CPC-Vegreville

Eligibility: Passed

Security:

HIRV:

Criminality: Passed

Misrepresentation:

Other Reqs:

Final:

Application assignment:

Assigned to: RS18***
Assigned by: SH*****

Due date: 2017/06/18

CEC -inland, AOR Jan 03, ME-Feb 24,BG 2-IP since April 05.

I called CIC and they said my file is still under security check.

Anyone knows how to interpret the GCMS, Thanks.
Normally CEC pople get their PPR within days after IP2. Check if you have ''security screening'' in your notes. You will find this in admissibility section. Alternatively, you can also find this in your activities section.

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Normally CEC pople get their PPR within days after IP2. Check if you have ''security screening'' in your notes. You will find this in admissibility section. Alternatively, you can also find this in your activities section.

Thanks, yes, I have the security screening, but I can;t see any detail.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks, yes, I have the security screening, but I can;t see any detail.
you wont as this is redacted under s15.

So, as things stand, your eligibility is out of the way, you have passed it. Now, as soon as your security screening is over, you will get your PPR after a final review. BUT, security screening can take time.

Reactions: happybelly

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
you wont as this is redacted under s15.

So, as things stand, your eligibility is out of the way, you have passed it. Now, as soon as your security screening is over, you will get your PPR after a final review. BUT, security screening can take time.
Thank you so much for your help.

Do you know usually how long it takes t finish the security check under my circumstance?

Thanks again.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
Thank you so much for your help.

Do you know usually how long it takes t finish the security check under my circumstance?

Thanks again.
Nobody knows that. Security screening can take a year for some people. I am also selected for security screening. For me it started on 13th april 2017. Let's hope for a speedy screening

happybelly

Mar 29, 2017
INLAND
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
AOR Received.
03-Jan-2017
Med's Done....
25-Feb-2017
Nobody knows that. Security screening can take a year for some people. I am also selected for security screening. For me it started on 13th april 2017. Let's hope for a speedy screening
Oh, no~~:(:(:(:(

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Just got my GCMS notes. First, my timeline based on myCIC account:

FSW-O
CoR: United Arab Emirates
Applicants: 4 (myself + spouse + 2 kids below 19)
Fees Paid Upfront
AOR: January 25
Medical Passed: February 16
Background Check: NN -> NS February 19 AM; NS -> In Progress February 19 PM
Since then, I have had no movement.

As for my notes, I requested them on April 26 and received them today on May 26. However, they were generated on May 19, which is one week ago so they are slightly fresh. So here is the round-up from the 143-page report:

Primary Office: London
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality In Progress (my Criminality is Passed, my wife's Criminality is Not Started)
Due Date: June 18
Our application was transferred to London on May 19.

My Conclusions: My Criminality passed on February 19 which is what possibly led to the change in status for my Background Check. My wife's Criminality is delayed as she requires a PCC from New Zealand. Unlike other countries, candidates cannot request a PCC from New Zealand. We need to send CIC a form authorizing them to obtain the PCC from New Zealand authorities directly. As the notes say: "criminality decision pending until outstanding PC from New Zealand received". The comment was written on February 19. However, on February 22, there is an Incoming Communication titled New Zealand Police Certificate that was received by CIC. There is no mention in the notes that it has been reviewed.

Not sure if it is coincidence that our application was transferred to London the same day that our GCMS Notes were generated.

danish2016

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
My notes generated 2 months after aor showed security as not started for myself spouse and also for security combined for application when it is mentioned on page 2 of notes
The next notes generated after 3 months of aor showed the security of all three (PA spouse and combined for application) updated by visa officer at LVO on the same date but it is hidden with S15.1 mentioned on all pages
Upon calling IRCC helpline they said my security is still in progress
Can anyone say anything about the situation
I feel security is passed

Amu7809

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hello Experts,

Need your help. I am Dec 03 (AOR) pnp inland applicant and I called CIC last Monday regarding my file and apparently agent told me that decision has been made on my file and processing office sent out the email on 25th May. But agent didn’t tell me what is that email for..

After that I checked with my representative to see if we receive any correspondence but there is nothing and we both also even check our spam/junk folders. Also, there is no change in CIC account for which my representative has an access..

On Tuesday, I called CIC again and asked them to resend the email but this time to different email address but not received anything yet.
Since I have asked them to send it to different email this time not sure if this is the right thing I did..

Does anyone face similar issue before or any idea how long does it take to receive the email?
Is it right to contact CIC call centre again and again because I am in limbo ..

I am hoping this will not have any negative impact on my application.
Your input and guidance will be greatly appreciated on this