+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

ceclmia

Dec 15, 2016
Hello,

I received my GCMS notes today and it mentioned S.16(1)(c) on top right side corner and it also shows on couple of pages. My eligibility is " Recommended Passed" Criminality " Passed" medical " Passed" and Security " Not Started". I am Cec inland with LMIA support for pr only. can any one help me please what is s.16(1)(c) stands for?

Thanks in advance.

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I received the GCMS notes that I requested on November 20th.

One very strange thing I found is that the "Due date" is a past date.
Due date: 2016/8/26

Did anybody ever see this? Do you think this is normal?

Thanks!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
ceclmia said:
Hello,

I received my GCMS notes today and it mentioned S.16(1)(c) on top right side corner and it also shows on couple of pages. My eligibility is " Recommended Passed" Criminality " Passed" medical " Passed" and Security " Not Started". I am Cec inland with LMIA support for pr only. can any one help me please what is s.16(1)(c) stands for?

Thanks in advance.
its normal to see as I replied on the thread...but since you want more info, read below-

"16(1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(a) Information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
1.The detection, prevention or suppression of crim,
2.the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
3.activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,

If the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;

(b) Information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;

(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
1.Relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
2.that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
3.that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

(d) Information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions. "

Best wishes!

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
bassem.mf said:
Today I received the GCMS notes that I requested on November 20th.

One very strange thing I found is that the "Due date" is a past date.
Due date: 2016/8/26

Did anybody ever see this? Do you think this is normal? -----> yes

Thanks!
Best wishes! :)

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
bassem.mf said:
Thanks Lazybone! Good to know that the past due date is not an unusual thing.
You're welcome

The reason why its not unusual it because on that date they send it for pending assessments/doc requests etc as the case maybe...by the time your notes got printed, it captured the last Due date that they sent the assessment for...since then nothing has happened because the assessment is not yet complete

as your criminality is still pending given the fact that you had submitted FBI PCC in July...on 08/26 they must have sent it for some sort of assessment related to criminality (I am thinking Info-sharing with the US side possibly)...if it comes back all good then the VO has to update the same...that's when it will reflect on your notes

Ultimately its all upto the VO...

am aware your VO is Cairo for some strange reason whereas for everyone else its Ottawa....it is an uncommon VO so I cant comment on processing times unfortunately.. But optimistically, it might have taken a month for the notes to arrive approximately...so I am hoping some sort of progress happened...

What does the bg check thing say/ when did it change last?

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lazybone said:
You're welcome

The reason why its not unusual it because on that date they send it for pending assessments/doc requests etc as the case maybe...by the time your notes got printed, it captured the last Due date that they sent the assessment for...since then nothing has happened because the assessment is not yet complete

as your criminality is still pending given the fact that you had submitted FBI PCC in July...on 08/26 they must have sent it for some sort of assessment related to criminality (I am thinking Info-sharing with the US side possibly)...if it comes back all good then the VO has to update the same...that's when it will reflect on your notes

Ultimately its all upto the VO...

am aware your VO is Cairo for some strange reason whereas for everyone else its Ottawa....it is an uncommon VO so I cant comment on processing times unfortunately.. But optimistically, it might have taken a month for the notes to arrive approximately...so I am hoping some sort of progress happened...

What does the bg check thing say/ when did it change last?

Lazybone, I cannot thank you enough for helping me and sharing your knowledge.

Both Security and Criminality are "Not Started".
I think the background check changed once from "Not needed" to "Not started" and this happened a few days after AOR.

When you mentioned info sharing you made me remember a section that I saw in the GCMS notes. It is under "ADMISSIBILITIES".

INFO SHARING
Created date: 2016/07/07
Updated date: 2016/07/07
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA
Status updated date: 2016/07/07
Due date: 2016/08/06

The created date is before the date I submitted the FBI PCC.

Do you think that this section is related to the delay that I am seeing?

Thank you so much!

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bassem.mf said:
Lazybone, I cannot thank you enough for helping me and sharing your knowledge.

Both Security and Criminality are "Not Started".
I think the background check changed once from "Not needed" to "Not started" and this happened a few days after AOR.

When you mentioned info sharing you made me remember a section that I saw in the GCMS notes. It is under "ADMISSIBILITIES".

INFO SHARING
Created date: 2016/07/07
Updated date: 2016/07/07
Type: Biographic
Partner: USA
Status updated date: 2016/07/07
Due date: 2016/08/06

The created date is before the date I submitted the FBI PCC.

Do you think that this section is related to the delay that I am seeing?

Thank you so much!

Actually, I just searched online and found that NRT stands for "No Reportable Trace". So I do not think that this section is what is causing the delay.

satdeb

Dec 5, 2016
In my GCMS note due date is July 2017.Dose it mean that my final decession will come in July next year ??? ???
My AOR is 30th June 2016...so now m scared :-\any help will be appreciated

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
bassem.mf said:
Actually, I just searched online and found that NRT stands for "No Reportable Trace". So I do not think that this section is what is causing the delay.
That's good... the VO hasn't updated it probably when the notes got printed...